Does killing lawless ships lower influence?

In an anarchy system, the only way I've ever seen results is by bounty hunting to hurt the anarchy faction. Random killing (in the previous patch) for me did not result in any movement at all in an isolated system.

In an anarchy system, the only way I've ever seen results is by bounty hunting to hurt the anarchy faction. Random killing (in the previous patch) for me did not result in any movement at all in an isolated system.

That's why we should have much more information when running an Anarchy PMF... I mean, as we do have "top 5 bounties" it would be helpful to see "top 5 bounty hunters" (both should have counters reset every week, IMHO). The major issue we have had so far is how BGS is being exploited by Solo/PG players as we can't counter such thing.

I think that's the question being asked. If they're clean ships in an Anarchy system, they appear as "Lawless" so would killing ships marked "Lawless" have any effect, considering clean/wanted alike will be Lawless.
From my understanding, ships can have 3 states: clean, wanted and lawless. A clean ship can stray away from its 15 ly bubble into the lawless space, but I don't think that the ship will change to lawless.

From my understanding, ships can have 3 states: clean, wanted and lawless. A clean ship can stray away from its 15 ly bubble into the lawless space, but I don't think that the ship will change to lawless.
I think you misunderstand my original comment.

OP asked about killing "lawless" ships... that is, ships inside a lawless jurisdiction.

Taking Jane's comment superficially, to me that reads "Killing a clean ship in a lawless jurisdiction should count". But.. reading into the tone (and knowing Jane and some other's stance on this one) the implication is that killing a clean ship in a lawless jurisdiction won't count[1].

Cutting a long story short and ditching the truth-tables, I think answering the Op with "Only clean ship kills count" is contradictory and incorrect. "Ship kills in lawless jurisdictions don't count" would be much more accurate if I understand what Jane is trying to say. Only reason I haven't said that myself is that I don't believe that's the case[2]... but that's a whole other topic.

[1] when that faction is present in that system. If the faction isn't present in the system, then the kill doesn't count.
[2] FWIW, I actually believe either all ship kills count, or no ship kills count. But again, whole other topic.

I think you misunderstand my original comment.

OP asked about killing "lawless" ships... that is, ships inside a lawless jurisdiction.

Taking Jane's comment superficially, to me that reads "Killing a clean ship in a lawless jurisdiction should count". But.. reading into the tone (and knowing Jane and some other's stance on this one) the implication is that killing a clean ship in a lawless jurisdiction won't count[1].

Cutting a long story short and ditching the truth-tables, I think answering the Op with "Only clean ship kills count" is contradictory and incorrect. "Ship kills in lawless jurisdictions don't count" would be much more accurate if I understand what Jane is trying to say. Only reason I haven't said that myself is that I don't believe that's the case[2]... but that's a whole other topic.

[1] when that faction is present in that system. If the faction isn't present in the system, then the kill doesn't count.
[2] FWIW, I actually believe either all ship kills count, or no ship kills count. But again, whole other topic.
I just had a short chat with Ian, and his stance is that committing crimes (no matter if it's killing or just shooting) affects influence.

I just had a short chat with Ian, and his stance is that committing crimes (no matter if it's killing or just shooting) affects influence.
Yeah. That's my second opinion... kills don't count at all, and it's the crimes that count (which is bad news for that jurisdiction). Even so, killing clean ships is not the cause there, it's committing crimes.

Yeah. That's my second opinion... kills don't count at all, and it's the crimes that count (which is bad news for that jurisdiction). Even so, killing clean ships is not the cause there, it's committing crimes.

Its the bounty that matters- The Kings™ R5 bonus makes all bounties go away which is fantastic as you are never wanted, but means you can't use murder to alter the BGS. I think that anarchy is a bit like this.

Its the bounty that matters- The Kings™ R5 bonus makes all bounties go away which is fantastic as you are never wanted, but means you can't use murder to alter the BGS. I think that anarchy is a bit like this.

From my experience, killing lawless "clean" ships has no consequences whatsoever. Neither influence, nor reputation are affected by this. Killing lawless "wanted" ships (for example those pirates that interdict you) does raise your reputation with the ruling anarchy faction and grants them influence.

Top Bottom