Discussion Donation Missions issue

I have written a program that parses the player journal files to extract mission details, amongst other things. It was been noted by one of the users of my program that donation missions are no longer showing as completed, so I've just checked for the reason for this by accepting a donation mission and immediately completing it and this is what was in the player journal.

{ "timestamp":"2018-08-19T13:10:22Z", "event":"MissionAccepted", "Faction":"Confederacy of HIP 91868", "Name":"Mission_AltruismCredits", "LocalisedName":"Donate 50,000 Cr to the cause", "Donation":"50000", "Expiry":"2018-08-19T16:36:23Z", "Wing":false, "Influence":"Med", "Reputation":"Med", "MissionID":412076453 }
{ "timestamp":"2018-08-19T13:10:28Z", "event":"MissionCompleted", "Faction":"Confederacy of HIP 91868", "Name":"Mission_AltruismCredits_name", "MissionID":412076453, "Donation":"50000", "Donation":50000, "FactionEffects":[ { "Faction":"Confederacy of HIP 91868", "Effects":[ { "Effect":"$MISSIONUTIL_Interaction_Summary_boom_up;", "Effect_Localised":"$#MinorFaction; are experiencing increased growth that could lead to an economic boom", "Trend":"UpGood" } ], "Influence":[ { "SystemAddress":83651236578, "Trend":"UpGood" } ], "Reputation":"UpGood" } ] }

It seems the completion event is now listing the Donation value twice, first as a string and then as a number. I am using a standard C# JSON deserializer to read the file and this is causing problems as it's not expecting a duplicate name and is unable to parse it correctly. Is there any chance this can be fixed?

I see the same, duplicate entries for the "Donation" field.

{ "timestamp":"2018-08-19T20:09:54Z", "event":"MissionCompleted", "Faction":"Sirius Corporation", "Name":"Mission_AltruismCredits_name", "MissionID":412199364, "Donation":"450000", "Donation":450000, "FactionEffects":[ { "Faction":"Sirius Corporation", "Effects":[ { "Effect":"$MISSIONUTIL_Interaction_Summary_boom_up;", "Effect_Localised":"$#MinorFaction; are experiencing increased growth that could lead to an economic boom", "Trend":"UpGood" } ], "Influence":[ { "SystemAddress":800751356267, "Trend":"UpGood" } ], "Reputation":"UpGood" } ] }

I've log this as a bug in the bug reporting channel for PCs.

Last edited:
As a workaround, can you ignore the first "Donation" key? In my own personal parsing program, I simply ignore the first "Donation" key, since its value is a string.

As a workaround, can you ignore the first "Donation" key? In my own personal parsing program, I simply ignore the first "Donation" key, since its value is a string.

Not really, I use DataContractJsonSerializer which makes reading JSON files really easy but means I can't really code a workaround without a lot of work.

Ah, I understand. We are both empowered by, and limited by, our tools. Hopefully, they will fix the issue soon, since it was reported as a bug.

Top Bottom