General / Off-Topic Dooomed, I Tell You!

Frontier has introduced ARX too late.

On Friday, October 25th, ALL of my teeth are being removed, and replaced with full upper and lower dentures.

There is no choice. My teeth are too far gone.

This procedure will cost approximately $11,000 USD. I will get no ARX for paying this. The dentist will not accept ARX, either.

It's being paid, cash. Everything is included, including future care.

So, Frontier, you are too late for getting my money for ARX packs. You're DOOOMED!

My maxim concerning the game is being proved. The game is not dying. It's players are. :)

Sorry to hear about that @Ralph Vargr - good luck with the procedure and adapting to them.

Many moons ago I used to play field hockey and one game (sans gumshield, like an idiot) I collected a stick to the mouth, shattering the four top front teeth. I was in the R N so had crowns fitted at no cost but over the years these have suffered and been replaced (not free) until earlier this year when I have finally been left with one of the front now having nothing to fit a crown on. Long story short - I can cough-up £2000 for a single implant or try to get used to a partial top plate. Result - I just live with a gap as I can't get used to having a denture in me gob. :)

I wonder someday if this will be me. I have mixed feelings about it. Having all my teeth pulled (I already am missing 4, thankfully none visible in my smile) sounds like a frightening experience, but then to replace them with beautiful pearly white teeth - let's just say I might be taking a lot more selfies!

Next I just have to shave my head and replace these remaining hairs with an awesome man-wig :D

Once I learned that I wouldn't be growing a new set of teeth every seven years, I quickly came to the conclusion that it would be wise to take care of the ones I have. Haven't always avoided damaging them, but I've done ok for the most part.

It's being paid, cash. Everything is included, including future care.

Out of pocket? No insurance?

Once I learned that I wouldn't be growing a new set of teeth every seven years, I quickly came to the conclusion that it would be wise to take care of the ones I have. Haven't always avoided damaging them, but I've done ok for the most part.

Out of pocket? No insurance?
None. My state has been Trumped. :)

I wonder someday if this will be me. I have mixed feelings about it. Having all my teeth pulled (I already am missing 4, thankfully none visible in my smile) sounds like a frightening experience, but then to replace them with beautiful pearly white teeth - let's just say I might be taking a lot more selfies!

Next I just have to shave my head and replace these remaining hairs with an awesome man-wig :D
Fortunately, no wig is in the offing.

Medically, it's the best option. The bone and gum structure cannot support my natural teeth, and the risk of disease makes removing the remaining teeth imperative.

Long ago, I was told that my age was just a number. The body disagrees. :(

No more aircraft in the lottery plan.

Sorry to hear about that @Ralph Vargr - good luck with the procedure and adapting to them.

Many moons ago I used to play field hockey and one game (sans gumshield, like an idiot) I collected a stick to the mouth, shattering the four top front teeth. I was in the R N so had crowns fitted at no cost but over the years these have suffered and been replaced (not free) until earlier this year when I have finally been left with one of the front now having nothing to fit a crown on. Long story short - I can cough-up £2000 for a single implant or try to get used to a partial top plate. Result - I just live with a gap as I can't get used to having a denture in me gob. :)
I used to play American football. Lost teeth were common. :(

The USAF had terrible dentists. Now, you go off base for dental work.

I've got one I lost when all the dental work I had in the military decades ago recently fell apart over the course of about a year. I was offered an implant or partial plate, and had the partial plate. I did get used to it and its not so bad, sleep with it in for a week and you'll forget about it.

However, that was a temp thing as I went with the middling option where they bridge a titanium strip to the tooth next door and pop in a permanent fixed false one, which isn't noticeable at all and about £1800 cheaper than an implant.

If you can find a dentist trying to complete his development portfolio you get the work for free in exchange for letting some rookie practice on you and take before and after photo's.

However, that was a temp thing as I went with the middling option where they bridge a titanium strip to the tooth next door and pop in a permanent fixed false one, which isn't noticeable at all and about £1800 cheaper than an implant.

Yeah - the Maryland Bridge - I have one already, can't have another as they won't fit one to a crown as the remaining two top front are crowns. Maybe if the lotto comes in I will go for a complete implant job but as 69 next week I don't see it as worthwhile.

Top Bottom