Double Engineered CG Missiles not quite Double Engineered

Logged in after not being on for a while thought I would have a fiddle with my missiles, when checking out the stats noticed there just Hi-cap Drag the increase in fire rate just comes from applying Hi-cap in the first place think its 10%. I was under the impression that they would be High-Cap with Rapid fire have I misunderstood what they were meant to be, will throw this over to you @sallymorganmoore as I thought you may appreciate a question from myself that wasn't Odyssey Console update/news related ;)

Logged in after not being on for a while thought I would have a fiddle with my missiles, when checking out the stats noticed there just Hi-cap Drag the increase in fire rate just comes from applying Hi-cap in the first place think its 10%. I was under the impression that they would be High-Cap with Rapid fire have I misunderstood what they were meant to be, will throw this over to you @sallymorganmoore as I thought you may appreciate a question from myself that wasn't Odyssey Console update/news related ;)
fire rate is 25% increase on the Last CG missile from base value, The hi cap only gives 10%...
The issue is when you increase a percentage on a tiny number, rounding down rules eliminate the changes when theres no more room in point display...
That why theres a percentage display in EDH on the dials and the info screen
FBaHQqdWQAER51U
Its triple engineered as it has 3 custom not copy and pasted rules changes...,
200% ammo clip and ammo rack upgrade...
25% fire rate upgrade
and the experimental effects of drag as well... It is not a copy and paste build from grade 5s it is manual engineering and grade 1 of a triple engineered missile build...

You can't alter it... and unlike before you are given 2 items not just 1...

Last edited:
fire rate is 25% increase on the Last CG missile from base value, The hi cap only gives 10%...
The issue is when you increase a percentage on a tiny number, rounding down rules eliminate the changes when theres no more room in point display...
That why theres a percentage display in EDH on the dials and the info screen
FBaHQqdWQAER51U
Its triple engineered as it has 3 custom not copy and pasted rules changes...,
200% ammo clip and ammo rack upgrade...
25% fire rate upgrade
and the experimental effects of drag as well... It is not a copy and paste build from grade 5s it is manual engineering and grade 1 of a triple engineered missile build...

You can't alter it... and unlike before you are given 2 items not just 1...

You mean we can't bring it up to Grade 5 High Cap?

IIRC you cannot even change the experimental - although that might be a bug - which i possible on the rest of the dbl-engineered modules.

And No, engineering cannot be changed (without ruining it completely) on any of the double-engineered CG rewards or the ones sold at tech brokers.

Grade 5 hi cap would be a DOWN grade... as that onlly has 100% ammo for clip and rack size...
Copy and pasting a Lower result pattern breaks it as its not a copy and paste item but a single triple stat change item in its own class...

Grade 5 hi cap would be a DOWN grade... as that onlly has 100% ammo for clip and rack size...
Copy and pasting a Lower result pattern breaks it as its not a copy and paste item but a single triple stat change item in its own class...

Yeah, I just checked the numbers and you are completely right. Where some CMDRs (me included) just glance at it and saw that Grade 1 Engineering sign will think this is under par.

I fitted the CG seeker launchers to my Cobra Mk III and combined with some efficient TV beams, it became quite a hard hitting little ship. As soon as the shields are ready to drop, I jam the firing button on the seekers and decimate even large, dangerous or stronger NPC ships. With the rapid firing function and the cooling of the TV beams I can keep firing for several seconds and rip the power plant or thrusters to pieces before the target PD can react. This is not for use in a CZ but can work well in a HAZ RES or doing general missions. I found the CG seeker pair a very useful size two self defense weapon, or offensive weapon, provided you pick the right target. Mostly bounties, deserters or pirate kill contracts. My Cobra is built for speed and jump range and missions, works for me.

Top Bottom