News Dove Enigma and the Enigma Expedition

Multiple station services are unavailable at Jacques due to a very recently implemented lockdown. I'm told this is due to civil unrest caused by CMDRs attacking security forces. I haven't checked the other orbital and planetary base in system for their status, but I can do that later.

Is the Dove Enigma megaship susceptible to this kind of BGS attack?

I think the lockdown cleared a couple of days ago or so, because Jacques seems normal again now.

Making it much bigger issue you are doing exactly what they want.

Baton out.

By caving in and letting them do it without consequence you are giving them exactly what they want - proof that they rule this community and can behave however they wish.

That's what they want - to see the upset and laugh as Frontier do nothing.

The only win state is for Frontier to enforce their EULA. Everything else is a 'lose' where they get to continue being as toxic as they want while we placidly stand by watching the kicking going on.

I’m still on my way out there (a meager 80 jumps in, I’m embarrassed to admit), but I’ll get those 576 tons of MA to Dove Enigma no matter what. Nice that I don’t have to worry and rush now, though.

Once I nail down a good route, I might do another trip in my Anaconda for some bounty hunting to help clear up Jacques. Unless Jacques is fine, then imma go see SagA*.

Last edited:
Am I to late for the party ?

Guess I am :(

Damn you RL problems, why must you bind your cruel shackles into my frail hands when I could be part of this magnificent operation that will grant a dying man's wish ?

I really wish I could be there, unfortunately even if I departed now with my Asp the event would already be over when I arrive. :(

Nevertheless I salute all the commanders that took part in this endeavour, surely another milestone was set today in the short history of E:D, proving once again what a beauty full community we have.

The best community !

Hope has been lit, and the community has answered !

[video=youtube_share;ZgJYNveHOYU]https://youtu.be/ZgJYNveHOYU?t=3m57s[/video]

The MA demand is zero.
This is normal for this stage of a UA-bombing. The MA demand will only appear once the station is actually disabled. (EDIT: which isn't going to happen this time, of course)

High-Tech and Military stations have a baseline demand for Meta-Alloys which is unrelated to UA activity, but the Dove Enigma is Industrial/Extraction, so doesn't.

It will be interesting to see the traffic report when it comes out.
24-hour traffic is up by about 80-100 ships on the weekday average for the system. (If you assume all of those extras were fairly large ships mostly full of meta-alloys, that's as Galnet says easily enough to fix the station)

Multiple station services are unavailable at Jacques due to a very recently implemented lockdown. I'm told this is due to civil unrest caused by CMDRs attacking security forces. I haven't checked the other orbital and planetary base in system for their status, but I can do that later.

Is the Dove Enigma megaship susceptible to this kind of BGS attack?
Lockdown has multiple possible causes - attacks on security forces are certainly a possibility, but they're also pretty normal for factions coming out of a War state to have, and Jaques does get into quite a few wars. I can't remember how long this Lockdown has been pending - I think it's been a while, though.

The Dove Enigma megaship (and the Colonia Orbital and Colonia Hub stations) are under the jurisdiction of Colonia Council rather than Jaques, so are not affected by the present Lockdown.

Colonia Council can have Lockdowns, but due to its unusual BGS position is in practice mostly immune to them (it has been in Lockdown for only 3 days out of the last 320). Jaques is similarly mostly-immune.

(Incidentally, while Lockdown gets a bad reputation for its effect on commodity markets, it's not a wholly negative state - one result of the lockdown of Jaques has been an increase in system security, so Colonia has been Medium rather than Low security while the meta alloys were delivered. In Beyond, with more things keyed to security level, there may be more circumstances where causing a Lockdown has benefits - opening up material brokers, or closing down interstellar factors)

Last edited:
Let me get this right for you : people are playing the way they want within the framework of the game rules.

The main reason for this outrage is not because of the game mechanics (you can go through the gigs of discussion on this elsewhere). It is over the fact that there are some in this community who would like to ruin a terminal cancer patients last few weeks in the game before they pass. The fact that because someone is dying and that they get special treatment for it seems to have got some troll get jealous of the attention. Maybe we all had the hoped that the community might be better than this but I guess not, especially when people seem to agree with the trolls who are undertaking this action.

Technically - within the rules. Morally - reprehensible

By caving in and letting them do it without consequence you are giving them exactly what they want - proof that they rule this community and can behave however they wish.

That's what they want - to see the upset and laugh as Frontier do nothing.

The only win state is for Frontier to enforce their EULA. Everything else is a 'lose' where they get to continue being as toxic as they want while we placidly stand by watching the kicking going on.

I'd like to say that this is a prefect example of "art imitating life" or at least in this case, "entertainment imitating life".

The type of behaviour by the scum who perpetrated this is exactly the type of behaviour that is perpetrated by those ruining this planet in Real LifeTM..........

.............. no moral compass..................

.............no respect for others.............

--------------- no sense of decency.........

......... really no sense of humanity at all.

Unfortunately the imitation of real life stops there because I can't go out the back to a hangar, get into my Asp Ex and leave this planet to get as far away from these scumbags as possible.

The world would be a much better place without them; in game and in real life.

Last edited:
The main reason for this outrage is not because of the game mechanics (you can go through the gigs of discussion on this elsewhere). It is over the fact that there are some in this community who would like to ruin a terminal cancer patients last few weeks in the game before they pass. The fact that because someone is dying and that they get special treatment for it seems to have got some troll get jealous of the attention. Maybe we all had the hoped that the community might be better than this but I guess not, especially when people seem to agree with the trolls who are undertaking this action.

He knows all that man. He is just being the same troll he is on other threads backing up griefing. This event has just highlighted what many of us suspected - most of the griefers really do have a complete lack of empathy and common sense, as they turn up with the same arguments parroted here completely inappropriately.

Last edited:
There are some pretty pathetic people around...not just in the game

My mother in law with terminal cancer had the tablet I bought her for Christmas to watch Blue Planet 2 STOLEN from the NHS cancer ward she was in. Sometimes I wish I could get off world for real.

My mother in law with terminal cancer had the tablet I bought her for Christmas to watch Blue Planet 2 STOLEN from the NHS cancer ward she was in. Sometimes I wish I could get off world for real.

Yeah; like I said, planet Earth has too many people like the scum who did this in game. This planet would be better of without them.

FD need to take definitive steps against them this time.

If a precedent isn't set then this game's longevity really will be over... and, as was said above, if FD don't get proactive on this it sets the bar low, creates a precedent where people can get away with whatever they want.

Just like planet Earth in Real LifeTM the game will be seen to be ruled by insane criminals and low-life scumbags.

C'mon FD the ball really is in your court on this one..........

Great to hear that things will be fine and Kudos for FD for looking into it. This is a great expedition for a very special purpose. To the oxygen thieves that find it fun to ruin such events;

May the winds of justice find you and deal justice in the most harsh of ways!

Well done to all Cmdr's who have gone out of their way to help get this expedition back on track.

Unfortunately it's common, make sure she has no jewelry on for hospital admissions. Wedding rings getting stolen is heartbreaking don't risk it.

Local Galnet if you're docked at a station in the system. Otherwise nowhere. (I've asked Frontier a couple of times if they'll add them to the Journal, but they've understandably had higher priorities)

I keep an archive as best I (and colleagues) can collect the data for Colonia-region systems - you can see the graph for Colonia at https://cdb.sotl.org.uk/systems/1
That is awesome. Thank you, 07.

Sorry to bug, but is this just PC CMDR traffic, or is that across all platforms?

Thank you, again.

Goose4291

Banned

Many citations required. We dont know why they did it. Extreme hyperbole based on nothing isnt going to help

Yeah; like I said, planet Earth has too many people like the scum who did this in game. This planet would be better of without them.

FD need to take definitive steps against them this time.

If a precedent isn't set then this game's longevity really will be over... and, as was said above, if FD don't get proactive on this it sets the bar low, creates a precedent where people can get away with whatever they want.

Just like planet Earth in Real LifeTM the game will be seen to be ruled by insane criminals and low-life scumbags.

C'mon FD the ball really is in your court on this one..........
I am told that those responsible have been bombing everything as part of their crusade to fix the Background Simulation (BGS). Also wanting to force Open only. They have been coming and going out there for a while.

We dont know why they did it.

It doesn't matter why, what matters is that they did. That's intent.

Why did Hitler do what he did?

Why did Charles Manson do what he did?

The impact of the crime(s) is more important than reasons why. If there is an intent to do it; it's a crime.

That's how it works in real life too.....

... there is something in Organisational Psychology about corporations having a social conscience.

In this case FD need to prove to the gamers here, the game industry and the world at large that it, as a corporation, has a handle on the big picture.

Last edited:
Well I am still on my way regardless of the lack of urgent need for my cargo. When I undertake a mission I see it through.

Besides, I have not been on a long run since my trip to Sag A* via Colonia. I will likely arrive on Saturday and maybe even get to see the guest of honor arrive on the 4th.

I am buckyballing my way out right now but I hope to get my name on a couple/few more ELW's on the way back.

Fly Safe Commanders!

Top Bottom