News Dove Enigma and the Enigma Expedition

I'm brand new to the forums and fairly new to the game as well. I'm still getting my bearings and learning the ins and outs of gameplay.. expeditions are of great interest to me and so I stumbled onto this thread.

I have to say, I have never seen a development team or a player community so involved and dedicated.

My hat is off to the developers for their work on this and for the players who responded to help this succeed, you have my sincerest respect and admiration.

This is by far the coolest thing I've ever seen or head of in a gaming community. Best wishes for the finish line and good luck to this guy in reaching his goals.

You guys rock.

Jane Turner

Volunteer Moderator
I'm brand new to the forums and fairly new to the game as well. I'm still getting my bearings and learning the ins and outs of gameplay.. expeditions are of great interest to me and so I stumbled onto this thread.

I have to say, I have never seen a development team or a player community so involved and dedicated.

My hat is off to the developers for their work on this and for the players who responded to help this succeed, you have my sincerest respect and admiration.

This is by far the coolest thing I've ever seen or head of in a gaming community. Best wishes for the finish line and good luck to this guy in reaching his goals.

You guys rock.

Absolutely bang on! I(f you need any in game help, just shout!

Let's get back on topic for this journey, a kink in the road has been straightened.

Give the mission it's prober respect and love guys.

Now if FD want to make this epic and for future mission like this, make sure we can be more than 16 cmdr's in a instance. Idea is not only does the mission reach the goal but a hole fleet of cmdr's to greet them, imagine the sight.

Might not be possible atm but it should be :)

But again let's concentrate on the mission not the kink in the road please.

God speed Brandon Keith with you in spirit mate.

Macedk

It would be awesome for us to be able to "stand at attention" when they arrive, shoot some weapons into the black, and otherwise salute.

Im wondering what exact time, by timezone, they will be arriving. That way I can login and at least send a "o7" if I see them.

It would be awesome for us to be able to "stand at attention" when they arrive, shoot some weapons into the black, and otherwise salute.

Im wondering what exact time, by timezone, they will be arriving. That way I can login and at least send a "o7" if I see them.

Maybe get a small contingent of ships to launch flak cannon shots and red or blue chaff?

Fireworks display would be the next best thing as a welcome to the finish line.

I had planned on joining the festivities over the weekend but four-letter-worded things like work and wife got in the way.

I am glad that everything turned out well and all had a good time. Kudos to all who made that possible. From the screenshots I have seen it was a good day.

I finally made it with my load of MA's today. Yes late, but not never. Mission accomplished. May the Dove Enigma and it's namesake Commander fare well in the coming weeks/months/future.

o7 Commander Dove_Enigma!

uVjNgBb.png

Has CMDR Enigma made it already, or are they still on track for Feb. 11th? I'm heading out towards Colonia, would be cool to be in the area around arrival date.

For anyone interested in hearing Ed Lewis' take on the Dove Enigma "incident" he gives a very detailed account of how events played out at Frontier Towers in his Lave Radio interview earlier this week.

http://laveradio.com/lave-radio-episode-185/
00:31:50

I really don't want to re-ignite the debate which caused the other thread to be locked so please just go and listen to that if you're interested but let's not discuss it any further eh?

[heart]

You can watch this video where he arrives in Colonia and you can hear his reaction - I recommend you skip to 1:05:00:

[video=youtube_share;iCHYVFeSM4I]https://youtu.be/iCHYVFeSM4I[/video]

I love so much that this game moves so much outside of virtual space. Its players, and also its developers, that is. I always loved the Elite games from the 80s until now, but the ED community really make it so much more special on top of it and is a reminder that we're not just playing a game with other anonymous players but that there is a human being in every Commander's cockpit. o7

Top Bottom