Dove Enigma UA bombed, preventing completion of its voyage in time for the man it was named for.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
ps - is Lockdown a result of UA bombing or BGS manipulation? I'm a noob when it comes to this kind of griefing...

lockdown can be enforced in a few ways. The easiest way is to get a wing and kill system cops.

If there was a civil unrest state in the system and there wasn't enough people to BH there a lockdown would be triggered. Smuggling weapons, killing terrorist leaders (assassination), bulk rebel passenger transports and massacre missions contribute to a lockdown.

Not sure how Jaques got into lockdown this time but if you want to fix it before the next tick get out there and collect bounties.

Last edited:
It happens when there is too much criminal behaviour in a system (e.g. commanders have been destroying local security ships). (BGS not UA)

Ahhhh.... Thanks! Time to pull up the criminal reports here in Colonia ;)

Not sure how Jaques got into lockdown this time but if you want to fix it before the next tick get out there and collect bounties.

I am out here, in a very fragile exploration ship. Unfortunately the A-rated modules I would need to make this DBX even have a chance in worthwhile BH are not to be found anywhere. Now if I can tip the scales delivering passengers, I've got that covered :D

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
I am glad to see the community rally together like they did. Truly.

I myself just couldn't help because, yes, I was offended. There's no sugar-coating things here. DE said something and I didn't like it.

But I do have very good reasons to dislike his comment. As I said, when I read that comment, I simply withdrew myself entirely from this chapter. I've said my piece, which is that I think the subject of self-harming and suicide should be treated with the utmost respect. Yes, I'm biased. Sorry, but believe me, when someone feels suicidal, it isn't a choice. It's a life-threatening illness, equal to any other illness.

That's why I took so much offence. In hindsight, I could have been more respectful. Absolutely. Last night, we were all powered by raw emotions. All of us.

Wow awesome work guys. I was just telling my PMF about all of this last night. I mentioned it would be solved by the good people in the community in under 48 hours. Never did I expect for you guys to solve it in less then 24 from the first post on the forums about this issue. Great work and my faith in humanity is restored just a little more today. O7

...All I'm saying is this is on FD, not players of the game...

What a stupid thing to say - the whole point of this game is that the players drive the story, it's literally as far from "on rails" as a game can get.
Even if FD could have forseen this they have no place jumping in and arbitrarily preventing it.
The players that did this are utter s, however that is nothing new and it's up to the players to police this (as they are doing by rallying to a repair action) not the devs with some kind of deus ex machina interference.

Good work commanders!
And by the "surplus" mentioned by galnet, I guess this is FDEV entering a special cheat code that says You can sell your UA's here but they have no effect.

Seriously, some people really are just despicable.

I can't get why people want to defend these exploits in a system as some role-playing, emergent, sandbox excuse, even if they "claim" to disagree with the motives.

That's like saying, well if you didn't want death threats in your birthday card, you shouldn't have sent it round the office.
yeah, there is a gap in the system.
It's a choice to use it,
not
the is a gap in the system, therefore, I MUST use it, and it's not my fault that I am using it.

This is why we frown upon exploits and cheats.

But Sure I can get behind some shinanigans with the cut-throat-open-galaxy-expect-mean-people, fine, but NOT this.
There are moral obligations to be upheld in this case.
So sorry, that "reasoning" with regards to this NON gameplay event, is NOT APPLICABLE.

Last edited:
Good work commanders!
And by the "surplus" mentioned by galnet, I guess this is FDEV entering a special cheat code that says You can sell your UA's here but they have no effect.

Seriously, some people really are just despicable.

I can't get why people want to defend these exploits in a system as some role-playing, emergent, sandbox excuse, even if they "claim" to disagree with the motives.

That's like saying, well if you didn't want death threats in your birthday card, you shouldn't have sent it round the office.
yeah, there is a gap in the system.
It's a choice to use it,
not
the is a gap in the system, therefore, I MUST use it, and it's not my fault that I am using it.

This is why we frown upon exploits and cheats.

But Sure I can get behind some shinanigans with the cut-throat-open-galaxy-expect-mean-people, fine, but NOT this.
There are moral obligations to be upheld in this case.
So sorry, that "reasoning" with regards to this NON gameplay event, is NOT APPLICABLE.

Don't confuse accepting the inevitable with condonement. There's a saying a really good guy on the forum has in his sig...

Grant me the grace to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I cannot accept and the wisdom to know the difference.

Those people calling for lifetime bans and getting extremely emotional are failing at that last one. Oh, and my 2yo nephew died 2 years ago of a cancer so rare they literally didn't know what to do. I'm still not jumping down anyone's throats.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity how would have UA bombing jeopardized the expedition? I thought one could still land despite the bombing?

I found one found the whole events including the actions of the individuals pretty amazing.

For a moment we were given something FDEV is not strong at. A situation. A villain. A mission. And an epic conclusion.

Good job for all participants. Wish I could have been there to help deliver! But it seems my help was not needed.

Bravo!

Out of curiosity how would have UA bombing jeopardized the expedition?

Technically it wouldn't have to any substantial degree, but it's a bit like holding a walking event that finishes at a memorial dedicated to it, only to find that some bunch of mouth breathers have urinated over it.

As has been said above by frontier staff, personal insults or witch hunting are inappropriate responses to this chain of events. IF/When we have a campaign to fix this megaship then I'll happily get involved in the repair effort. Perhaps this would lend itself to a CG? As the CG mechanic would give us a running counter of how many meta alloys we need to haul, and at the end of the CG we know the mega ship is fixed? Where is the ship currently located and how far is that from maia?

As has been said above by frontier staff, personal insults or witch hunting are inappropriate responses to this chain of events. IF/When we have a campaign to fix this megaship then I'll happily get involved in the repair effort. Perhaps this would lend itself to a CG? As the CG mechanic would give us a running counter of how many meta alloys we need to haul, and at the end of the CG we know the mega ship is fixed? Where is the ship currently located and how far is that from maia?

>22kly from Maia. It's already been repaired by player deliveries and ensured to be 'resistant' to such attacks in future. Best outcome possible really, there was no need for all the emotion.

All of Colonia remains under siege! Jacques is currently "down", and I've heard other stations have been attacked as well. (maybe not)

I had my exploration modules stored at Jacques so I could run some passenger missions out here, so thankfully I was allowed to transfer them to Dove Enigma or I would have been stranded!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DU4D1_KW4AAsXIm.jpg:large

ps - is Lockdown a result of UA bombing or BGS manipulation? I'm a noob when it comes to this kind of griefing...

Lockdown is a different animal entirely. That's a result of blowing up system authority ships and other nefarious deeds. So it's a BGS manipulation. UA Bombing lockdowns will say it was UA Bombed.

Is there any actual need to deliver more MAs?

I was under the impression that they act sort of like hit-points, and UAs decrease them. Once those hit-points are gone the Stations starts to suffer.

Or is it the case that Dove Enigma is now immune forever?

Indeed you are.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom