Ships Dropship Club

Here's mine. I'm fitting her up to be a long range assault ship, Hind style. Very well armored with decent shields, 2x Point Defense and 2x Shield Boosters. 1x Large Gimballed Pulse and 2x Medium Gimballed Bursts (still debating which of these to go switch around, but it'll do for now), all with the Long Range mod. Add on either two medium dumb-fire launchers for ground assault, or two pack hound missile racks for moving things, both sets engineered with extra ammo. Optionals are shield, fuel scoop, 2 cargo racks, collector limpet controller, SRV bay, ADS. Ship's name: Sinner's Blood.

uXzRZ9c.jpg

I finally made it to Elite killing filthy feds in imperial dropship - shes been rocking midnight black for last year, but now I made Elite I decided to make sure there were no mistakes - and purchased the Tactial White paint kit... and man she looks good.

To further celebrate, I just made this 3d model of it... still needs some finishing touches but its 25cm long! Its a little rough as I have never burned through material that thick before and it remelted halfway in some places.

RJswEF0
RJswEF0.jpg

Ux5xNU5.jpg

yN6U9NZ.jpg

Last edited:
Nice toy! Do you plan to do some filling and filing now? Looks like work!

And that's some antique radio you got in the background! ;)

Nice toy! Do you plan to do some filling and filing now? Looks like work!

And that's some antique radio you got in the background! ;)

Nah, its only a soft foam (each slice is 5mm thick) so I dont know if its worth the effort. May try spray painting it white & see what it looks like :) LOL that old amp is my ED sound system, only 2 channel, but the neighbours kids one day asked me what a "friendship drive" was!

Nah, its only a soft foam (each slice is 5mm thick) so I dont know if its worth the effort. May try spray painting it white & see what it looks like :) LOL that old amp is my ED sound system, only 2 channel, but the neighbours kids one day asked me what a "friendship drive" was!
If you want to spray it be very careful. Most aerosol paints will melt the foam

I miss my old dropship!

I think I might have to get another one. It'll be my first foray back into the 'bigger' medium ships since my reset.
I don't like having many ships at once and the Dropship is so versatile that you don't really need more than one! :D

So, it's the holidays and I finally got some time to check out those emergency evacuation stations. I have to say, this is awesome. Like, close to the dream missions I could think of for the FDS. Proper looking emergency, some urgency to the landing and departing, heck, a random wing of idiots even interdicted me on my first approach for added spice. Didn't want to spoil myself so avoided reading anything beforehand. Boy, was it a hot LZ indeed... Systems were starting to malfunction left, right and centre as I boosted out.

I'm afraid the pics don't do it justice as I was too busy firefighting to play with the camera (damn forced-online games and their complete lack of pause button for clean photoshoots), but ah, here's the one I got inside, and the final approach of the rescue ship:

06639E48D4B1F1F31AC5D96CA80156D9B2CDAD83

CC22F0B065DBDCAFB5C843143AFB87DD03D885D6

Subsequent flights were smoother with a tiny but significant change in outfitting... If you haven't tried it out folks, give it a go in case these events disappear at some point. It's a bit far, but it's worth it. The medevac feel is real. [up]

Last edited:
I needed a tough medium ship for Thargoid artifact archeology missions out in the Pleiades. I was looking for the following characteristics:
  • Hard as nails, can absorb lots of damage.
  • Handles decently in SC, and near landing zones.
  • Enough slots for a large fuel scoop, SRV’s, and a number of corrosion resistant racks.
  • Able to defend itself against the ships that are looking to pirate the precious Thargoid artifacts.

My new Federal Dropship the Blue Bison has just been perfect for this role. Here is the build:
https://coriolis.edcd.io/import?data=H4sIAESWRloC_-VbW1PbSBb-K5Sr9o2o-n7hLUAImYUdFlObR1djN7YqsuRtScl4UvPf97QExi0sS8hkk6p5SRkHnT5qne9yTovvowdn7ejkwSS5PR7Fs9EJocejxJTpdHFq1vno5PtonGQFYpNx_Kdl1c_lffWV_5xkZpaVxehklBfGFdaNjp---5dZQuTRePN9Wn9R2Ly4L-fz9eiv46dY-PBYf0G0ZTYrE1sl_d4ts9L5T58z9-VTeuOyubN5PoHfiR_iqSniLK1-8_eyeIiLIk7nF7FNZnfrlZ2c2webTu119bvWXVqTFIvrMiniVQI_-8tmcb5KzPo_Jil9JpSTiOp_QGpf629YxAlVEiPBsBIYstu10Ic_VkmWx1_trc1juG1YdEfwd5RGGG0FxxGlSAtBFKWqLfY_49QW8XR_ZAxpqyAyhrQpUpz4Dy2hr02e78xTRYqFeSrFiNBcc8xES7S7hXXLjkRFJOVWYBRpSihjmjECC2j_9G06hzuun87T509Q0RQhgtHz_z8Vk01sao9-syaFuM5O45W9sl9tMjrhTz8__mpdTBMog6_r87KoKreuNb_WCwhhohCD_NimTi_szLqq5CbnLlvli3g1eQz60ZmZpZBBlo5OCldCjJWLMxfDMif4eSeRkEIg5W_03E5NUkFmfxJCSMnRJonqssmdX29yt55mWdq5KtosR7qXk5pqJhrLndrCTO4AphVs-65G_1-rXTi4fLyIH4pzBygcyhcX4_PfV0W8NEkLMjiOEAmAwTFUpaRYKc7aYPYpLey8znsHclVERQAJhQUFTuAUGEe-HrmINpCLiJZKEaJ0G3Jvsm_WnTvzbVdIQiMeUguhHIICVXrQdkAWo5eQvbBJPIXtOLowLrfVM96LW3gsk6ssnd-adG57gBaompBNScHuTy7hLt3Ml0alf3xylsAG8pbiQs_sT4jWiFQlVtrkzqRfuksa1qdMB-s_XVyrb716N1kQoJ-KKa6Mm9tL42arLE5rlR0kh2Zp5rtYmUUklCXEsBZKMEk1aiuaOtqNdWM7zdLZm4UF8XDxfVlkbRUJiBFNxFDYco4xIxTj10EGy0jpMBrBmArGmEIS8QGQwSKUeQhJAXxIEA0yiuQ-_TTJFXilXdQDWsmDoEwjTqnQEguNaBcO1UscwoJH599skryEIG1A8LM1K1C9Dw9QZLFNi17SCc9kg4LLVQG0bpZXJreglvHyHni-qutOEGKtuMI1EOIHOy5Xq8wVvXCIRcgDW9e_jgiA5ZVkFRFcmzj9UG1kPhSI9eXgQ4pbU-z2cxzAEvo5jqjfBo4labWhVVyQMEDlQwbFtNuE6QjJEJcAR0UQZorQrtB71JFEAodxiUBSKyIpIWKIOLJIqNAuckowoIlzKckQNcM4YjzcWMxga0EkNeY_Qs1wA0r1TgLPuV4OVDCkwyJ-DODrV_SuX8qQkmAnfAHbWVwuf6CcAP-JRjMifH0hLLUWbLCeDIzbLSjgcEJqBY0CkaJUeqnig2wdjgQNYyoqlERSaU6kHiIrKuzxKqeIBfRk0KAyrgfJCpPQggVBOUECxEpSCepHfklZoftlpS7wbnMHfCfpDkSQN0eEiEiDGQUBcyERQ2AVBwNiWNhOPIDjxzioCSmURohKX2qcDcADwIGQBu0SAgaBQGci6BA0sIiSEA1cVHkKjAUbhgYKQcM7F1wojhi4NuAE-ndEQ48m3qehG2mYPJ5ex3keJ_bWTL9MLuI_7Gx_Mnir72Ki5p5GMuznJhMncWHcGuE3nUi-n81if9Uu168iEno17u2UklxiStuU6fVzTxThUFm9qEpAFBhOJg-aeoK66ka7JsDKCok0aNchU0-gAN4QRA6WnzOwiLx9oNo6OxGRbExnIUmEmO_cmDxg6tm1BT906nlZJsmtjVNoCKZ2af00pP8AFPwVZyycpbyItzXUIN0TULAsSAZo6jOUpJJIGeRxXV1wSCYaYcJ9JjfQ0hW_Zfc9ZrESg9Xa5PF04eTCzjYT4fq-YmcnFxkwQzH5CIF6DmlvEgN1D5vyfrVymZkuxmVcd4hdeRGKw_2pQ4VxOqkOVx1QrbvPPuGwPjc_MyszbfPJpKm4SgqNNVVK-lOXve1ofmuni2qGsEPKIXADzYRooE2iYLuGeBgRKdpwW4oyoEhwylK8jmxIJBuxgNWpIoxz3DrBGq_zwi73b2eDyGE7tcKwowKqXUu6P_Kbb2ftaH5EATxGPiDjN7VyTdJtImhyGc8XF87-twRh7tf2g5MP8dwM-aoBAPhsxKTcoNuzQzEU135y9eRSp-uWQwPdPDTQUmEN9M_woI6ayOYwCDgPolJNECj-3rONPQVIILVw0uZPTLXkShLFu6R5xzzo2rhpdvTvb97Adxj-5ycxOc0ygOCs30CI76iMVRWmR03gnUOhWzMzrtdMldBw9bFN88zl29rbXY7grBiqjnvHIJmfzlEPC8CVls_HKn4L4Z4LIK8qAqyfzhN75Udjnxd9xA49L49_5vI-VM_713hHAjfOTMEqmwThIUvjn7C0f-8E18U6lINOXfbFprd2Dv-0DNEB2jg82pHAglIo39gw2iazZ1mSxDmsvd_T84g2BnxMCE0I4cqPk1uNi3Xz9Y11Vea7mxrWmPwzRgU0YlpRyQ9qxThQaPj6BaCZMoExAS_MD-nFmA4P-1DEkYKY0KQyhVt7sb3Pz1sD2rQGkvhpL5W0dWoEhQ0fP9p0XDjg5mKxi_VVhMLRGXAbJkD8mlKED-j13uFINE49oeGhqGr2qOiyHeSloFzZ-OhsYct03uU6Nnfu31IBh7BpjvrpCgA9ZPZGuMEnDhXeSX3i1ud9F-g60Yvz8_E0y1avO7VTAElVj26qFGjfFKoj_PDU5QxsZlYNj7ZSwJ18pwkTzwlsvX7X2c-RLcb1CZz6F-ROzbpPk7u1BYywZ87l1cU9JnoCrFrj2Okscy7ztAg8nT2E24F799yEML1JR_xa6ejqYvILpHMXp-vDD-j6Cdk7EuHw9AuMOpMMpIxJRQ4SHBWpUBQ0EBzxUzpOW8_Aus7VmmN_eBwMHgckDE_lAAkblOz-V6d4-M4GqAzXTEjsX93A7ACV6cj1LUWG7hSZul_xEuOz9O_c9ZolUhEM5sNYHiuod0NL_cuDL8BCeh0QcKyDPHxDCwb-y1X1xjSkclc6Z4uJD93dyzBMX-RBB8_MegFLNt2WJlIL4WfFCJR3CLJUxHGjpJg_ZwCyI7x1DtMHWMOS3YssHWHReIUFCz80okAC5ABgdeX690VWv6M3vvXmpc_jBtZcmhsf4PFU6lXYwgopWv1RQPsr2BAkr3pw-G83nb1T6vGbx21dZmVaHMGtx2l8D4nY58f7fbQoE3gSUOoCc771pweSaM24gE0tssLAryiCGYLm43hUpklmUvDUJxp8Kpir_wEqMiqtfzEAAA%3D%3D

The ship is heavily engineered (G5 DD thrusters, G5 armor buffs, G5 HD shields, G3 efficient beams, G5 LR FSD, etc). Not only is it perfect for landing close to the artifacts that I am trying to find near the Thargoid structures, but it is able to ably handle any would be pirates on my way through the Pleiades.

I don’t need the 32t cargo rack so I may replace that with an SCB at some point. Not sure yet. It took me a few iterations of this build to get it right, I had to add the heat sinks and the point defence (pesky hatch breaker limpets kept stealing artifacts), but I feel like it is almost optimal now.

The only downsides of this ship in an Archeology mission runner role are a short jump range (19ly in my case) and it runs really hot while scooping. But these are minor quibbles and I am delighted and proud to fly the Blue Bison when I need to explore Thargoid structures.

FDS is quite fun. Been setting one up for a while now and finally got to have a couple of friendly matches.
FDSs.jpg

The upload from that one is still going (Australian speeds) bit I got this one from earlier:
[video=youtube_share;b9ScRcykz6I]https://youtu.be/b9ScRcykz6I[/video]

how do you get a reduction of the magazine size for the hammer?

That’s a long range mod with feedback Cascade. Haven’t checked the stats in a while. Main reason I modded was for reduced thermal secondary. Here’s another friendly from earlier today. Starts about four minutes in after we dispatch annoying npc Python. [video=youtube_share;klarN32ML9I]https://youtu.be/klarN32ML9I[/video]
And from the other POV:
[video=youtube_share;dltEfrW3oQk]https://youtu.be/dltEfrW3oQk[/video]

I bought the FDS a couple of days ago, after I had finished the Core Dynamics CG and I got a decent discount. My first problem was that its jump range out-of-the-box was so bad that I couldn't bring it back to my home port for refitting, and the station where I bought it had only a basic outfitting service. Anyway I went back home in my Python and had the FDS shipped to me so I could upgrade the modules to my liking.

My first encounter with an NPC pirate was another FDS with Novice pilot, the same as me so this was ideal to try the capabilities of my new FDS, the Contents May Vary. After a fairly lengthy battle (mainly due to me fumbling around with unfamiliar weapons and fire groups), the other FDS was satisfyingly deconstructed with minimal damage to mine.

The second encounter was yesterday when I was doodling around a planet looking for a POI when an NPC in a Sidewinder (!) popped up to say hello and demand my cargo. As you can imagine, I was having none of this, especially from a Sidewinder so I went for him with weapons hot. It was then that I discovered that combat 2km from the surface of a planet is very different from combat in space. There is a distinct lack of well, space and the FDS is no Spitfire. Doing an loop around him I ran out of it and crashed the FDS into the planet surface, making another large crater. I really thought I had bought the farm and expected to be back at the nearest star port, calling the insurance company. But no, while I am sure my Python would have been part of the scenery, the FDS just shook the dust off herself and boosted back up to rejoin the fray, with only 40% hull damage.
That's when I said "I like this ship"

So now I'm doing local missions and maybe fit her out to do some mining to see the New Year in, then it's time to visit some Engineers.

The FDS won't win any beauty contests but it's as rugged as it looks and it will be a useful addition to my hangar. So count me as an FDS fan

Last edited:
I bought the FDS a couple of days ago, after I had finished the Core Dynamics CG and I got a decent discount. My first problem was that its jump range out-of-the-box was so bad that I couldn't bring it back to my home port for refitting, and the station where I bought it had only a basic outfitting service. Anyway I went back home in my Python and had the FDS shipped to me so I could upgrade the modules to my liking.

My first encounter with an NPC pirate was another FDS with Novice pilot, the same as me so this was ideal to try the capabilities of my new FDS, the Contents May Vary. After a fairly lengthy battle (mainly due to me fumbling around with unfamiliar weapons and fire groups), the other FDS was satisfyingly deconstructed with minimal damage to mine.

The second encounter was yesterday when I was doodling around a planet looking for a POI when an NPC in a Sidewinder (!) popped up to say hello and demand my cargo. As you can imagine, I was having none of this, especially from a Sidewinder so I went for him with weapons hot. It was then that I discovered that combat 2km from the surface of a planet is very different from combat in space. There is a distinct lack of well, space and the FDS is no Spitfire. Doing an loop around him I ran out of it and crashed the FDS into the planet surface, making another large crater. I really thought I had bought the farm and expected to be back at the nearest star port, calling the insurance company. But no, while I am sure my Python would have been part of the scenery, the FDS just shook the dust off herself and boosted back up to rejoin the fray, with only 40% hull damage.
That's when I said "I like this ship"

So now I'm doing local missions and maybe fit her out to do some mining to see the New Year in, then it's time to visit some Engineers.

The FDS won't win any beauty contests but it's as rugged as it looks and it will be a useful addition to my hangar. So count me as an FDS fan

Yeah these are tough little ships and very versatile. I've got four of them spread around. They are hard to beat for the price and durability.

Hi,

I am using ASPX for a while. mostly doing planetary scan, DATA or cargo delivery missions. I avoid fighting.

So anyway, once used TYPE 7 , was huge slow but too much cargo space. Dropship sounds cool. but yet slow? high grade thrusters etc will help or not?

Top Bottom