DSN Luxury Tour

1508093335-btewile.png

I would have really liked to do this, stuck on a planet in Sol doing routine maintenance for a regular Sunday run for senior citizens.
Hopefully I will catch up with you on route, added my name to the roster anyway.

Whoa this is amazing! Great presentation! Made me almost sign up! Too bad im still got a hangover from my last big exploration that i corvered over 110k lyrs! But hey good luck cmrds! 07

@Bikerix You can join us everywhere on the road. :p

@tulextreme We will send you photos throughout the expedition. :D

Last edited:
So I have a kind of noob question. I was looking at the posted route map: http://i.imgur.com/VIscCd4.png And I see all of these little asteroid base icons. Are these really outposts and installations out that far from the bubble all over the place?!

I'm a neophyte explorer. I've only done one jaunt half-way up the Perseus Gap, and I'm currently on my second attempt. So I've never seen or heard of anything like that other than Colonia (which I've never been to)

Is this part of the travel infrastructure that's popped up during the time that Colonia was established?

I now imagine everyone reading this, slowly rubbing their hand down their face from top to bottom mumbling, "yes... this is a real thing... you need to get out more" :)

Yes there are asteroids bases (32) since version 2.2. Most of them are in nebulaes around bubble.
Each of them is dockable with refuel, repair restock service. Some have also outfitting, and some have shipyard.

The DSN Luxury Tour aims to visit most of them.

I just found out about this from the Frontier's newsletter. Unfortunately I'm working tonight, but I'll refit my Orca and join you on the first waypoint. Time to get that pesky elite on exploring!

This is the big departure for the Luxury Tour.
Last night, almost 80 CMDRs participated in the opening mass jump, which went smoothly.
Even if a nasty NPC pirate invited himself to the party, the responsiveness of our protection team didn't give him time to do too much damage.

Now we are heading for the Lagoon Nebulae, that we should reach in two days, for our first campfire.
Don't forget to take some pictures :)

A big thanks to all participants and fly safe.

XYCVVlK.jpg

(Photo credits: CMDR Max Ter)

Last edited:
I just found out about this from the Frontier's newsletter. Unfortunately I'm working tonight, but I'll refit my Orca and join you on the first waypoint. Time to get that pesky elite on exploring!

You are more than welcome. Feel free to join us anywhere.

And now that the cruise having fun ! :D

Last edited:
If you missed the speech, here it is retransmitted, thank you for the translation Cmdr Hansow & Cmdr Alistair Hope ! o7

[video=youtube;jHNwss8e9ls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHNwss8e9ls[/video]

Flossy and myself are piloting the good ship Cricetinae in shifts. It is one of our accounts that we share for times like this. So if you see Cmdr H0LLY it will one of us. Cricetinae is the scientific name for hamster and Holly is our pet hamster, an important member of our family.

Flossy took the helm last night before we had to go out shortly after departure and hopefully I will be piloting some of the jumps towards the next waypoint tonight. Looking forward to seeing some of the sights.

Top Bottom