Dual engineered FSD stops ganking?

With the common availability of the CG reward/techbroker c5A FSD with increased range and fast boot,
will this slowly phase out most ganking?
Usual loadouts for gankers included a grom containement missile or a similar engineered dumbfire.
A hit reboots the FSD, giving the ganker additional 10 seconds plus new spool up and propably some time to reselect the target.
With fast boot, this is reduced by 8 seconds, a significant time.
Many ships like the Fed and Alliance ships, the AspX and DBX, and the Python use this class.

So what do you think? Will this reduce ganking significantly?
Or will this make no difference as the people who get the dual drive won't be ganked anyways?

Those who have access to engineering at some extent and know how to build ships can't be ganked, unless it's coordinated wing out for kill, new FSD or no. Plus it's only C5.

Gankers mostly grief complete greenhorns, who don't even know what Open is, in starter ships, no engineering and very limited game knowledge in general. Or, well... if player wants to get killed, that is.

IIRC, a Grom-bomb gives a longer shutdown than a regular dumbfire with FSD interrupt, but I don't know how that works with fast-boot.

Is it a fixed number of extra seconds? Or is it a percentage increase on whatever the boot time is?

If they are already firing groms at you.. You are likely being mass locked and chances of escape are low in general... (Considering a competent Ganker)

But good point. It will be benificial to those that need to escape.

I am very content with the super fsd on my AX chief. It is power limited and needs to shutdown the FSD during combat. Now I do not have to wait for the fsd to restart anymore. Been using it to great success for months now.

Hi folks :)

This is probably not the right topic to post this but I didn't want to start another specific topic and bung up the board.
Now that we have the new class 5 FSD (I bought several of them) from the CG recently just a couple of questions.
Is it worth keeping the ordinary engineered class 5 FSD's?....My stored module bin is getting quite close to the allotted 120 max mark as I've now got obviously several of these 'older' drives all fully engineered to maximum profiles. Seems a shame to ditch them considering all the materials gathered/used to build them.

I don't suppose there's any rumour that the max module capacity in outfitting will be increased in the near future? If not I'm thinking of just selling them off.:cautious:

Any thoughts/suggestions welcome.

Jack :)

Hi folks :)

This is probably not the right topic to post this but I didn't want to start another specific topic and bung up the board.
Now that we have the new class 5 FSD (I bought several of them) from the CG recently just a couple of questions.
Is it worth keeping the ordinary engineered class 5 FSD's?....My stored module bin is getting quite close to the allotted 120 max mark as I've now got obviously several of these 'older' drives all fully engineered to maximum profiles. Seems a shame to ditch them considering all the materials gathered/used to build them.

I don't suppose there's any rumour that the max module capacity in outfitting will be increased in the near future? If not I'm thinking of just selling them off.:cautious:

Any thoughts/suggestions welcome.

Jack :)
I'd buy some new ships to put them in.

I absolutely guarantee that as soon as you sell a ship or module, you'll come up with an idea for how you could have used it.

Just sell them.. If you are the completist that needs these extra 4-5 LY in all your ships (+ fast boot) and is also willing to buy one for each ship.... You will not go for the 'normal engineered fsd' ever again. So just wasting space in storage.

Or will this make no difference as the people who get the dual drive won't be ganked anyways?
Simple answer, no.
My Phantom Explorer with 950mj shields (no I won't post the build again)
gained 5 LY range and the reduced boot time. Now it's even more gank proof (y)
Like mine, but with a class 5 prissy?

With the common availability of the CG reward/techbroker c5A FSD with increased range and fast boot,
will this slowly phase out most ganking?
Usual loadouts for gankers included a grom containement missile or a similar engineered dumbfire.
A hit reboots the FSD, giving the ganker additional 10 seconds plus new spool up and propably some time to reselect the target.
With fast boot, this is reduced by 8 seconds, a significant time.
Many ships like the Fed and Alliance ships, the AspX and DBX, and the Python use this class.

Does that FSD aint have even less integrity health compared with usual ones? Been busy with RL, not had yet chance to get new FSD to see how weaker it is.
But if it does, then it will die faster to well-aimed railgun snipe. Once shield are out, gankers will have even easier time to knock out FSD.

But yeah, long as there are still shields, grom or any FSD disrupt effects they are gonna be not as potent, since that FSD reboot is shorter, yet, I dont think it change much... Newbies will die anyway, no need grom them to get kill, if anything, it might reduce the odd of getting killed before jump, but some basic evade skills will be needed anyway.

Of course it will depend how many gankers at once are attacking too, solo gankers will see diffrence since they might not have enough time to kill before they jump, while more than 2 or 3 wont see diffrence much, thier firepower should be enough.

Simple answer, no.

Like mine, but with a class 5 prissy?
c4 reinforced with three E rated boosters.
Does that FSD aint have even less integrity health compared with usual ones? Been busy with RL, not had yet chance to get new FSD to see how weaker it is.
But if it does, then it will die faster to well-aimed railgun snipe. Once shield are out, gankers will have even easier time to knock out FSD.
77 integrity iirc.

Ganking is when someone in a g5 engineered ship attacks a paper hulled ship, at least that’s my understanding, if you don’t outfit and engineer well enough to survive this fsd will not save you.

Top Bottom