Dual Universe

That was reminiscent of FFE and what ED is aspiring to. Well the trip in space had the ED feel and look to it as well as "journeying" space music. I hope FDev doesn't stay on the laurels concerning ED and improve it where instancing is no longer needed as better hardware becomes available. The different roles (in Dual Universe) such as being an in-game rp'd indie developer sounds interesting too.

Instancing is part of peer to peer model, it allows FD to run very low cost for servers.

For me when I am alone it is basically seamless, also supercruise and local flight IS two different things so that helps quite a lot.

DU will still have instances so expect that also to change when networking parts come.

Last edited:
Reading more about network - and I love how NMS/SC hype have gone towards this game - it seems more and more Planetside tech. Single shard but not really, cluster based proximity merging tech - similar to ED one.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Arise from the depths of thread of yesterday....

(Anyone seen my pills?)

:D

Some updates from Novaquark.

Novaquark has released a new roadmap for the development of Dual Universe. The first alpha event is aiming for November 2018, intended release date second half of 2020.

release_roadmap.jpg

[video=youtube;DJ7YeGX7B9U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ7YeGX7B9U[/video]

[video=youtube;sDgB7FL-HVQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDgB7FL-HVQ[/video]
ov

aquark has unleashed a brand new roadmap for the development of Dual Universe. The first alpha event is now slated for November 2018, with the game going through further alpha and beta tests on its way to a "second half 2020" release date. There are five major milestones the team is targeting, each with a specific set of objectives and features to be added to the game.

I really really hope it's a company that can live up to their own ambitions. So far this is all looking very interesting, but I wouldn't let the hype get the better of me...anymore.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Some updates from Novaquark.

Novaquark has released a new roadmap for the development of Dual Universe. The first alpha event is aiming for November 2018, intended release date second half of 2020.

ov

aquark has unleashed a brand new roadmap for the development of Dual Universe. The first alpha event is now slated for November 2018, with the game going through further alpha and beta tests on its way to a "second half 2020" release date. There are five major milestones the team is targeting, each with a specific set of objectives and features to be added to the game.

Roadmap states now a release in late 2020.

The original Dual Universe Kickstarter (from September 2016) estimated delivery time on December 2018. Their original amount goal was €500,000 of which they got €565,983. Nevertheless they followed on, like CIG with Star Citizen, with their own crowdfund platform and are now allegedly around €11 MM.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949863330/dual-universe-civilization-building-sci-fi-mmorpg

They are also claiming to revolutionize modern gaming with networking magic and wonders the likes of which no one has seen before.

I am not giving a single cent to these guys until they release in gold.

Last edited:

The original Dual Universe Kickstarter (from September 2016) estimated delivery time on December 2018. Their original amount goal was €500,000 of which they got €565,983. Nevertheless they followed on, like CIG with Star Citizen, with their own crowdfund platform and are now allegedly around €11 MM.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949863330/dual-universe-civilization-building-sci-fi-mmorpg

They are also claiming to revolutionize modern gaming with networking magic and wonders the likes of which no one has seen before.

**shivers** I get those horrible flash backs......

Gold is good. I like gold. I'll go the same route.

I believe their income also includes the money from investors, not just pre-orders. They have also shown their server tech working unlike CIG.
But as always caveat emptor or only spend what you can afford to lose.

There is a major difference with CiG, is that they are working on the core engine before everything else, and showed working technology and even had a conference on their networking tech. This will be late like most software projects, but so far they are doing things in proper order.

Nevertheless they followed on, like CIG with Star Citizen, with their own crowdfund platform and are now allegedly around €11 MM.

It's a damn popular method to gain more funding.

- Star Citizen
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- Infinity Battlescape
...and more.

It also begs the question if the goals are too lofty for the proposed required budget for several of them since they apparently need more cash to reach what they want to do (and star citizen is a bit of an outlier in comparison since people threw money on them).

Top Bottom