Duplicate Shops

I've asked a similar question to this one regarding rides with alternate sequences, but are shops seen as different if I have multiple of the same type? I've seen people build these massive structures like malls with shops of plenty all around. I know there's a limited amount of shop types to chose from, so they must be duplicating shops of the same content. If I have 5 cheif of beefs in my park, are the customers going to think my park is less interesting due to seeing the same things repeated? I assume they will go to whichever one is closest or perhaps the closest that they find in the correct price range.

I don't think the guests will think about how there are the same shops everywhere, if anything they seem to like it because if one is too busy they will just head to the next one.

I find it's usually a good thing to have a couple of the same type of store, you're bound to end up with doubles anyway if you build a park big enough.

I've asked a similar question to this one regarding rides with alternate sequences, but are shops seen as different if I have multiple of the same type? I've seen people build these massive structures like malls with shops of plenty all around. I know there's a limited amount of shop types to chose from, so they must be duplicating shops of the same content. If I have 5 cheif of beefs in my park, are the customers going to think my park is less interesting due to seeing the same things repeated? I assume they will go to whichever one is closest or perhaps the closest that they find in the correct price range.

Actually, most of the theme parks i've been to do that same exact thing. They take a restaurant, change up the overall design of the place, and call it something completely different while still serving the same exact food sold throughout the whole park. I think it's something they do to give the illusion of variety, though don't take my word for it. I'm no expert on the matter.

Last edited:

Just a peeps like balloons better than hats and hats better than snowglobes, they like some food and drink shops better than others. From what I can tell, they like burgers and hotdogs about equally, pizza gets about 1/2 the business of those 2, and everything else is far behind those 3. With drinks, they like water the most, soda's a close 2nd place. Juice and Gulpee Energy are next but much less popular than soda, and everything else hardly sells at all. Milkshakes don't seem to interest peeps at all, and if you have a lot of benches in your park, you'll never sell a cup of coffee unless there's nothing else to drink.

So, I've taken to building only the most popular types of shops and have many copies of them spread out more or less evenly. The less popular shops only get any business if the peeps think the queues for the more popular shops are too long. The rest of the time, they just sit their costing you money paying a vendor who does nothing and gets unhappy from being bored. I think it's better to have more of the stuff peeps really like. I started out trying to provide a varied diet and all the choices, but this doesn't seem to be a good idea, so I've been going back and replacing unpopular food and drink with popular types, and this has made for more happiness both with customers and staff.

Placement is also important. You want an even distribution of shops all through the park instead of lumping them all in 1 place. Peep needs for food, drink, toilets, and energy all run independently at different rates so they usually only need to satisfy one of them at a time, so will only hit 1 shop in the restaurant area and waste time walking there from wherever they were to start with. You can separate peeps from their money more efficiently if you have food, drink, and restrooms scattered more or less evenly so the peeps can get what they need while en route to the ride they really want to go on.

As to the appearance of shops, it's like with rides. Peeps don't care what it really looks like, they only care about how much money you spent on it. So if you make a bunch of identical buildings, the peeps won't care. A lack of shop decoration will not stop a peep from using it, but the peep might be slightly less happy and complain the place is ugly, and thus your park rating and guest happiness will suffer.

Top Bottom