Abandoned Dust Buster: the space dust removal mod

Great so it might work for more people.

Confirmed, it works! Thanks so much. I must have selected the wrong shaders. I've put your patch on the first post. I might update mine but there isn't any need as yours does everything. I'm running with the first three I had and I'm going to try out out e29 as well because I always though those glowing lights in SC were ugly. Thanks again.

By the way, which discord server are you all discussing this in?

Last edited:
Interesting quirk.
After about 40 minutes of flawless playing I had a screen freeze for about 1 second quickly followed by another of 6 seconds.
When it resumed the ships and stations were glowing again.
Just an FYI.
As long as the dust is gone I care little about the glowing ships.

EDIT: I deleted the ship glow file for now. If anyone else sees this please advise. If I’m the only one I’ll try it again though ED has always run perfectly with no screen freezes.
Running a GTX 1060 6GB

Last edited:

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
Anyone tested this with a Rift yet?
I'm away at the moment so won't get a chance to until next week.

I thought it had been broken with the Rfit for some time. Maybe trying with the new bulid of 3Dmigoto-1.3.12 will get it to work. Definitely let me know how it goes. If it works, I might put the Rift back on my wishlist.

I can confirm that this is working on my Rift, I just did a 30 minute flight with no problems with the following shader fixes below.

06b5574cbb67cb5c-ps_replace.txt disables starfield in normal flight
13c7cd6955a2b95e-ps_replace.txt disables starfield in supercruise
89fe00881332dc43-ps_replace.txt disables super cruise lines

I have a NVIDIA 1080.
Using Steam

Thank you all.

Last edited:
Gee, I come looking here and you've already got it updated. Thanks! :)

Now I gotta ask for one more thing, though. Squeegee.

There was a mod just like this (only called Squeegee) that removed the dirt from the windshield and camera lens. I really want that one back too!

Can ya figure it out?? Please??

Last edited:
Codger: Hmm if it's just shader it can be done.

DukeIronHand: Yeah glowing light might be pushing it too far or maybe you're using old dll?

Maybe disabling lot of shaders doesn't make game very happy. :D

Just a side note: all shader hunting was done in horizons 64bit, so base game might not like that.

e29d91120fc28c8e-ps_replace.txt disable glare on your windshield so it sort of works as window cleaner? But it also disable glowing lights in supercruise.

74a61bc54382d4d9-ps_replace.txt seems to be the window cleaner, apparently every shader is already included in files already!

Last edited:
Old .dll?
I’m using your package unless I am misunderstanding...?
But goodness. Thanks for your work here.
Space Dust? Literally unplayable!
:)

For those who want MOAR space dust (if, say, you're an FA-off pilot who likes to be able to easily see their vector at-a-glance), I can confirm that the updated shader fix does indeed work with furrycat's tweak.

Open 06b5574cbb67cb5c-ps_replace with a text editor. Replace the contents of the file with:
Code:
// ---- Created with 3Dmigoto v1.3.12 on Fri Dec 14 20:37:20 2018
Texture2D<float4> t0 : register(t0);

SamplerState s0_s : register(s0);

cbuffer cb0 : register(b0)
{
  float4 cb0[6];
}

// 3Dmigoto declarations
#define cmp -
Texture1D<float4> IniParams : register(t120);
Texture2D<float4> StereoParams : register(t125);

void main(
  float4 v0 : TEXCOORD0,
  float4 v1 : TEXCOORD1,
  float2 v2 : TEXCOORD2,
  float4 v3 : SV_Position0,
  out float4 o0 : SV_Target0)
{
  float4 r0,r1,r2,r3;
  uint4 bitmask, uiDest;
  float4 fDest;

r0.xyzw = t0.Sample(s0_s, v1.xy).xyzw;
  r0.xyz = cb0[0].xxx * r0.xyz;
  r0.xyz = v1.zzz * r0.xyz;
  r0.xyz = cb0[0].www * r0.xyz;
  o0.xyz = v0.xyz * r0.xyz;
  o0.w = 32;
  return;
}
The final value (o0.w = 32;) can be changed to make the dust grains more or less pronounced. Higher values = more visible dust.

Last edited:
Old .dll?
I’m using your package unless I am misunderstanding...?
But goodness. Thanks for your work here.
Space Dust? Literally unplayable!
:)

Ok I thought you mixed old install with new. :D
As in using previous dust fix just with new shaderfix folder.

Last edited:
Just a little question:

Would it be much work to find the shader that tints the whole scene according to the color of the sun of the system you're in? I would be great if we could switch that off ...

o7

e29d91120fc28c8e-ps_replace.txt disable glare on your windshield so it sort of works as window cleaner? But it also disable glowing lights in supercruise.

74a61bc54382d4d9-ps_replace.txt seems to be the window cleaner, apparently every shader is already included in files already!

Awesomeness. I was gonna test it just now but the servers are down. I'll post back once I can. Thanks again!

Ok, just tested it, and no, the dirt/grime/fake lens flares are still there on the camera and the windshield.

The previous shaderfixer was 591e4debc3d56509-ps_replace.txt, not sure if that would help you find the new one or not.

The easiest way to see what I'm talking about is to point the camera at a star. Here's a short video that shows the effect -- it looks like a dirty lens, basically, but it's just fake as heck and I never liked it.

I had it removed for so long, having it back now is driving me crazy, lol.

Maybe you can figure it out. I haven't the skills.

[video=youtube_share;cOppZs4xC3c]https://youtu.be/cOppZs4xC3c[/video]

Top Bottom