[DW2] Distant Worlds 2 - Fleet Ship Showcase (Pic Heavy!)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
There is the Qutter...

And the Kutter ! :cool:

1517672274-screenshot-0868.png

1517672280-screenshot-0867.png

:D

Last edited:
I was on DW1 with a Black Friday paint job which is cool - but really dull in your selfies. When we had the big meet ups it was always a bit disappointing to have such a boring ship.

In keeping with the commander name I am now Pilot in red ship as well as shirt! (even the SRV is red).

81,000 light years is a long way to go to take dull pictures so I'd recommend anyone who wants to stand out in the crowd to spend a few pounds/whatever and get a more interesting paint job etc. for the trip.

Let's splash some colour out there in the black!:)

My ship is enough of a distraction in the selfies I take in the game. I like the scene to stand out more. I've actually thought about using red on it, but Tactical Graphite just matches its role in the game. Might be the most dull looking color in the game other than perhaps the Military Sand on my Cobra Mk. III to some, but it serves its purpose effectively and kind of reminds me of the Tumbler (I think that's what they called the new Batmobile) from the newer Batman movies. I got the pain job for the ship well before the Black Friday ones came out even, and it's stuck.

To each their own. Looking forward to seeing some of the colorful ships out there. :)

Last edited:
Here's the other ship I was thinking of taking, The Ranger, my Cobra Mk. III. Good looking ship as well that's well suited for the trek. Picture from the current beta as I'm out in the black in another ship in the live game. Still a little conflicted about which ship I want to take, but think it likely must still be The Ronin instead.

BT98dsx.jpg

Yes, I have to admit that I kind of find the serviceable, utilitarian, and tactical look to be rather aesthetically pleasing. Kind of fits my play style for the game as well, now that I think of it, playing as a survivalist, adventurer, and explorer.

Last edited:
I might do a personal photo, but only to make sure the original DWE decal is seen on the hood while docked at the outfitter.

Fortunately I reserved an overflow post, cause I can only post about 1,500 pics per post :D Gonna update the Showcase this weekend. It's gonna take some time to process...

Here comes Odin. Finally decided on a paint job which took me a few days. Wasn't sure whether I should go for military, tactical or vibrant red.

2oOZY67.jpg

Fortunately I reserved an overflow post, cause I can only post about 1,500 pics per post :D Gonna update the Showcase this weekend. It's gonna take some time to process...

Looks like a bunch of duplicates somehow got inserted into the post. That's what I call burning the candle at both ends. :)

Haven't you all considered to assign specific paintjobs to each role. For example rescue type ships - orange, fighters/mechanics - sand, scientific ships - white etc. etc.
In case people need something they can straight up ask the right person when they come across in the same instance.

Haven't you all considered to assign specific paintjobs to each role. For example rescue type ships - orange, fighters/mechanics - sand, scientific ships - white etc. etc.
In case people need something they can straight up ask the right person when they come across in the same instance.

No official scout roll that I can tell. I've considered Fleet Logistics as a bag of tricks that might hold the scout role. Haven't heard back about it though. So, probably not.

Guess this is more of a tourist safari than an exploration expedition really anyway... ;)

But to answer your question, people are going to want to use whatever paint jobs they want to use regardless of their chosen roles. Some might want to follow suit with others, some will not, and there are a lot of people signed up for this, so I don't think it's a practical standardization to attempt. That being said, if some want to commit themselves to something like that together, that's an option too, of course.

Last edited:
@WR3ND
I mean explorers may use whatever they want lol. But since there's nothing in-game regarding roles/free skins it's rather pointless.

@WR3ND
I mean explorers may use whatever they want lol. But since there's nothing in-game regarding roles/free skins it's rather pointless.

It's a good idea in general. I propose to make it an optional feature people can pick, much like the ID used for RP'ing.

Edit:

Final edits done, the ship is ready for the showcase.

cfScmMD.png

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom