[DW2] DW2 Megaship

DW3 will try and incorporate new ideas and content, and may well be a Fleet Carrier based expedition. It would be cool to see the DSSV Distant Worlds come along with us too and visit some of the spectacular sites out there. :cool:

I expect Frontier by then will probably be pretty stoked at the idea of DW3 showcasing the uses of Fleet Carriers being the forefront, but I definitely would not consider it unlikely to have the DSSV Distant Worlds make a detour from its route to rendezvous with the fleet, perhaps orbiting a waypoint world, during the week which we arrive.

Well... a fleetcarrier coming along and perhaps atmospheric landings for some complete new basecamp experiences would surely be interesting for a DW3. But first let's see what frontier has in store for us next year ;)

Well... a fleetcarrier coming along and perhaps atmospheric landings for some complete new basecamp experiences would surely be interesting for a DW3. But first let's see what frontier has in store for us next year ;)

You and Erimus are crazy !! (in a good way :D)

DW2 has barely ended and you are already planning DW3 !!

(Now, where do I sign up....:p)

Ship destruction only takes you to the nearest station if there's one you can dock at in the current system. Otherwise, it takes you to your last docked station.
(Assuming here there's no bounties involved)

Admittedly, for anyone self-destructing at Beagle after DW2, the chances are those cases will both be Explorers' Anchorage - but if you then try to speed up the journey from Anchorage to Colonia by self-destructing again just over half-way there, you'll be very disappointed...

This. Given the distance (Colonia and Sol are about the same distance away form this point), you might as well go towards Sol. It won't save you any time really, but it will save you the cost of transferring your ship back to the bubble.

I was at explorer's anchorage and the megaship is no longer there.
Have frontier removed it now that carriers are in the game?

Correction, it jumps every 2 weeks, on the following route:
1592571782359.png

Top Bottom