[DW2] How many have dropped off?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I am still making my way to Beagle Point, last time I was able to log in I passed Waypoint 10. Unfortunately my arrival on time is now in jeopardy because of my HOTAS.

I am awaiting a replacement from Thrustmaster, but that will take 1-2 weeks for delivery, and I'm going on holiday in 3 weeks... So that doesn't leave me a lot of time to blast through the next 20,000LY+

May not make it in time for 13th June, or at least I'll be cutting it very close.

I’ve dropped off, I never even made it to Sag A.

Truth be told I’ve not played Elite (or any games at all) since March 1st, which is when I found out my company was going to be closing down our plant later this year. Needless to say, finding out you will be losing the job you planned to have until retirement can be a bit hard hitting. Since then my life’s been very busy as we work on last time buys before clearing the building out. I’ve also been looking for a job for the first time in over 22 years. Job searching in the digital age is very different! And I’ve had some family issues going on with relatives, in general my life since March has just been overwhelming.

I’ll get back to the game eventually, but for now I need to focus on real life unfortunately. I haven’t even been keeping up on the DWE2 news and such, I’ve missed so much. I have a lot of reading and picture browsing to do!

I hope to make my way to the new Sag A station in time. Maybe I’ll even fly out to Beagle after that just to say I completed the DWE2, even if it will be too late to count.

Fly safe all.

Truth be told I’ve not played Elite (or any games at all) since March 1st, which is when I found out my company was going to be closing down our plant later this year. Needless to say, finding out you will be losing the job you planned to have until retirement can be a bit hard hitting. Since then my life’s been very busy as we work on last time buys before clearing the building out. I’ve also been looking for a job for the first time in over 22 years. Job searching in the digital age is very different! And I’ve had some family issues going on with relatives, in general my life since March has just been overwhelming.

I’ll get back to the game eventually, but for now I need to focus on real life unfortunately. I haven’t even been keeping up on the DWE2 news and such, I’ve missed so much. I have a lot of reading and picture browsing to do!

I hope to make my way to the new Sag A station in time. Maybe I’ll even fly out to Beagle after that just to say I completed the DWE2, even if it will be too late to count.

Fly safe all.

Good luck Mengy. I hope that real life sorts itself out sufficiently that you can get back to the expedition soon.

Fly safe all.

Ah man, hope everything works out for you IRL.

I've put the little one on my chest, where he fell asleep hearing my heartbeat and played through Final Fantasy 12 on PS2 … so many years ago … they grow up so fast … and demand the PS(4) for themself ;)

So gaming is totally possible with a child … and then you have to get them to gaming before the soccer teams can get them ;)

Oh yeah, definitely. I can manage games that use a gamepad, but with a HOTAS is a bit tricky. Specially when they reflux and your're scrambling for a tissue while avoiding being engulfed by a neutron star.

I've put the little one on my chest, where he fell asleep hearing my heartbeat and played through Final Fantasy 12 on PS2 … so many years ago … they grow up so fast … and demand the PS(4) for themself ;)

So gaming is totally possible with a child … and then you have to get them to gaming before the soccer teams can get them ;)
I had to LOL... Damn sports, preventing good gaming addictions... ;)

I'm a father of three and during the weekends there is no end to "he played more, tell her to stop - it's my turn" debates... I have nothing against gaming, been playing since I was 7, and that is like 35 years ago, time of Spectrum. I do feel it needs limits, far too many people get lost in digital worlds

..., but for now I need to focus on real life unfortunately.
Damn, sorry to hear that. Hope it all shakes out for you in the end; but yeah, RL definitely needs to take priority over a hobby when it gets real. All the best and hope you will fly again soon!

As for me, I've managed to claw back a little bit of gametime from RL and have just passed WP10. Hoping, but not guaranteed, to make it to BP in time.

I am almost to Beagle Point, around 150 jumps or so to go. I also have been pushing it the last two legs and not doing much exploring, just trying to make it before the official cutoff. I am using EDSM, but I did not know about it until I was on the way to WP2 (I am on Xbox, and when I first checked it out, all I found said EDSM was PC only), so I don’t have WP1. Also, since I started without EDSM and this was my first trip out of the bubble, I started to write down every jump. I figured this would be such a big journey, I wanted to keep track of where I traveled ( I did not realize just how big the black is). And at first I was checking what I had compared to EDSM, and I had to delete a lot of entries because it made it look like I was traveling back and forth, but it looks like that issue has gotten fixed. I thought about stopping writing down each jump (well most, I may have missed some when late night deliriums kicked in), but figured I might as well keep it up so I have my steno book filling up, but I should have some blank pages for the trip back! (On the way back, I think I will just jot down interesting “finds”)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom