[DW2] DW2 Megaship

I'm not sure what you are talking about. The only station we got is Explorer's Anchorage. That is going to stay and a new megaship and science installation are about to appear nearby. But there have been no further stations "appearing" at any waypoint yet.

Odd - I arrived at the waypoint near Sag A*, and whatever station is was, nowhere to be seen.

Z...

The waypoint system is different from the system the station is in as the station-system did not have nice landables for a basecamp. Station is in STUEMEAE FG-Y D7561.

Not a bad idea in theory but I see a glaring issue with that.
If you leave your ship at beagle, where are you going to turn in all that explo data for those hard earned credits? Would they transfer back to Sol with the player?
Or were you meaning, they go back docked in the mega ship?

Does the mega ship's have cartographics available on them?

The Self Destruct button'll do that, if that's what you want.

Not in this version, it will take you to the nearest station, which probably means Colonia.

Not in this version, it will take you to the nearest station, which probably means Colonia.

You can always beam yourself back to the bubble and into the stock-sidewinder after self-destructing. If you are willing to give up your ship and all the nice engineered modules and the exploration-data. No option for me personally, but people have been doing that.

Ship destruction only takes you to the nearest station if there's one you can dock at in the current system. Otherwise, it takes you to your last docked station.
(Assuming here there's no bounties involved)

Admittedly, for anyone self-destructing at Beagle after DW2, the chances are those cases will both be Explorers' Anchorage - but if you then try to speed up the journey from Anchorage to Colonia by self-destructing again just over half-way there, you'll be very disappointed...

Respectfully disagree. It's the only way to fly.

HE HE HE, after two spectacular canyon destructions of my exploration ship I adopted another opinion. I carry SLFs just in case I try to reconsider. I am reminded of the validity of the opinion time and time again, but with SLFs I'm prepared to test the opinion more than once. :D

That's possible, but the text and CG followed the arrival of the Grim Pioneer, so it seemed to imply that there was another ship coming. Plus that still leaves the question of the surface installation.

Dr.Kaii did say that the Grim Pioneer is not that megaship. It should be an undockable one (science class), so you won't see it on the system map, you have to go there and check.

Its not in game yet, neither is the Science Relay. We were told they wouldn't be added 'for some time' and were given no more info as to when and where they'd appear.

Grim Pioneer wasn't part of the CG proposal I sent them. I think that one was added as a response to no interstellar factors being available prior to the 2nd CG.

The only info we have is that the megaship we gained via the CG will be a Science Class ship named the DSSV Distant Worlds.

One thing that does worry me a little is that once everyone has got to Beagle Point, a lot of people might say, "right that's it I'm taking a break from E: D until 2020", which is fair enough.However, just imagine a couple of months later they get the itch to play again, log in and then remember that they are on the other side of the galaxy and not willing to get back to the bubble, just log off.

Do you think it would be an idea that once a week, the DW2 mega-ship would be available at Beagle point so that it could carry players back to to Sol (one way only) so they could get involved in the bubble again?
I'd go back to Beagle Point just to sneak into Sol without a permit! :D

Do you think it would be an idea that once a week, the DW2 mega-ship would be available at Beagle point so that it could carry players back to to Sol (one way only) so they could get involved in the bubble again?

Once per five years.

Given how megaships such as the Gnosis jump around 500ly and can do so generally up to once per week?

It would be waiting at beagle point to pick people up once every five years.

Once per five years.

Given how megaships such as the Gnosis jump around 500ly and can do so generally up to once per week?

It would be waiting at beagle point to pick people up once every five years.
It would be an excellent way to troll explorers if they did add one in. Have the ship turn up and BP, flight plan says next jump goes to Sol .... and then people realise it's not dockable ;)

I'm not sure if Frontier like the idea of players taking shortcuts across the galaxy. But with it being undockable it may actually be something they'll allow accompany the DW3 fleet next time (if there is a DW3). The original idea for DW2 was to have one acting as the fleet flagship, but it wasn't possible at the time. The asset is in game now so things may be different on that front.

DW3 will try and incorporate new ideas and content, and may well be a Fleet Carrier based expedition. It would be cool to see the DSSV Distant Worlds come along with us too and visit some of the spectacular sites out there. :cool:

Top Bottom