Distant Worlds II Event [DW2] Newsletters

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I have been pretty darn sick & now I am busy for a couple of days so the newsletter is very likely to be delayed until Friday or even Sunday
Same here. Today is the first day since Saturday of being somewhere close to sentient. Been stationary for 4 days in a period that progress is most pressing.

As always, you're doing us a big favour by working on the newsletter, but real life and your own progress should not suffer for it. Take all the time you need.

New newsletter out! See OP

We had a great set of events at our last key meetup, and you can read about it in this extra special newsletter. A special message from CMDR Baroness Galaxy in light of recent horrific events, I have no words for how beautiful it is.

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delay.

Always reading, rarely commenting; brilliant as always Dr. Kaii. Moving story from Baroness and the beginnings of a novella from Alex. Ty for the excellent reading.

Hi there,

A small newsletter with huge personality. Some galaxy shaking news, some ELW shattering (very important) announcements, and some heart rending words.

Click here.

Last newsletter, issue 12, will be out after Beagle Point week. Check back after the 9th! Date TBC!

KEY EVENT! Sunday is the key meet up date! Officially 18:00 gametime for both timezones, but please come earlier and maybe we can set a few records etc. I can't stay much later than 18:30 so would love to get some good footage and make some announcements. Tune in for the official stream at 18:00 game time here: https://www.twitch.tv/blackneto (and keep an eye on theannouncements thread and on twitter)

THOSE WANTING ENTRY TO KAMZEL! If you have a friend who you want to get in to Kamzel or want to get in yourself, this weekend we are doing free weapon scans. If you pass, you stand a strong chance of getting in. Read the newsletter Annoucements section for more info about where to be and who to speak to.

THOSE WANTING TO GET IN ON THE ARRIVALS LISTS! If you already signed up with the Roll Call thread, you now need to sign up again, on a different thread (sorry!), as things have changed slightly. See the newsletter Announcements section.

WE HAVE A WEEK OF FUN AT BEAGLE POINT! Time to party and celebrate. Please record everything awesome that happens and all the crazy ideas you guys are notorious for coming up with. Also see the list of scheduled events you are welcome to participate in, especially the wedding and final campfire here.

Lastly keep an eye on Polygon, the internet gaming magazine - we are about to have a full feature.

Good luck those who are closing in, or far behind. And congratulations everyone. It is almost time to let loose and go nuts!

We want to thank you all for coming, and the next and final newsletter, after it is all over, will have full thanks, speeches, awards and prizes.

Rock on!

Dr. Kaii and Erimus and lots of love and admiration.

"On surface" requirement?

THOSE WANTING TO GET IN ON THE ARRIVALS LISTS! ...See the newsletter Announcements section.
The newsletter states that you have to "sign in on the surface". I would LOVE to be able to do this but I have a mac and so cannot land on the surface (and I tried the Windows client under bootcamp but it is so slow it is like piloting a submarine not a space ship). I've just about made it all the way to Beagle Point so please, please tell me this is just a typo and you have not suddenly changed things so that we are required to have a Windows machine running Horizons. If it were just a case of purchasing Horizons I'd be happy to do it but even if I did this I have no machine capable of running it in a usable fashion so it will not help at all.

The newsletter states that you have to "sign in on the surface". I would LOVE to be able to do this but I have a mac and so cannot land on the surface (and I tried the Windows client under bootcamp but it is so slow it is like piloting a submarine not a space ship). I've just about made it all the way to Beagle Point so please, please tell me this is just a typo and you have not suddenly changed things so that we are required to have a Windows machine running Horizons. If it were just a case of purchasing Horizons I'd be happy to do it but even if I did this I have no machine capable of running it in a usable fashion so it will not help at all.

Good point, I've amended it to just say "in the sy

Can't believe we're finally here! Thanks to Drkaii and Erimus for organizing such a great journey for your fellow commanders. I'm sure I don't comprehend how much work you actually had to do to make this happen. So please accept my thanks and for extending my interest and play time for so many hours!!

So is the main meet up Saturday or Sunday evening? The latest update says Sunday, but I'd been working under the impression that it was the Saturday?

Another great newsletter!

Reading about the staggering amount of worlds being surveyed and the data being collected by the prospectors - it blows my mind!

Also thanks for the help with the layout of the images from the Sag-Car waypoints! Kudos for making it look so much more awesome than I could :D

Last edited:
Another great newsletter!

Reading about the staggering amount of worlds being surveyed and the data being collected by the prospectors - it blows my mind!

Also thanks for the help with the layout of the images from the Sag-Car waypoints! Kudos for making it look so much more awesome than I could :D

Yeah I was blown away too. And thank Astromiko for that, she is the newsletter designer :)

Now that the fleet is dispersing in all the six directions of the galaxy, there is a final staple of DWE still remaining! Any idea when newsletter 12 will be out?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom