Distant Worlds II Event DW2 PS Edition

Dear PS4 CMDRs,

The Fleet Roster is now CLOSED. A secondary 'latecomers' roster is available but this will not be administrated or presented anywhere, nor will any amendments be made to it. The secondary roster will close on February 17th 2019, as this marks the end of Stage 1 of the expedition.

Applications to the PS4 PG and other PSN facilities have now reopened and will remain open until Feb 17th after which time no further requests will be accepted.

Applications to the Distant Worlds 2 [DWO2] Squadron on PS4 are at present intending to stay open past Feb 17th to rostered CMDRS. This may be subject to change.

Private Group Application Procedure:
1. Send PSN Friend Request to Allcrowsareblack. Do not send a close friend request as this will be rejected;
2. Set your PSN messages privacy setting to allow messages from people not on your friends list. This will allow admin to contact you if there are any issues and will enable you to join a message group (there are currently 8)​

Thank you to all who have waited for applications to reopen, we're all looking forward to meeting you! o7

Last edited:
Thanks Synoptic for the good and clear procedure.

I already founded a squadron, but would like to join the DW2 squadron. Does anyone know if I can disband my current squadron (I am the only member at the moment) and can create it again at a later time with the same name?

Joining the squadron is not essential but it would make things easier (for you). If you don't, you'll have to regularly check at least one of two places:

1) the Distant Worlds 2 PS4 Community
2) the DW2 Discord channel (exactly which one will be communicated soon, but still you oughta be on Discord)​

It is completely up to you. One thing though, consider this: you'll spend many months in the black, away from the bubble and your squadron members. Is it really crucial that you get to see where they are or chat about their plans to wing up when you are tens of thousands ly away? You can always re-join when back.

As a squadron leader, PMF leader etc, it’s really not practical for me, or others within other groups to leave their existing squadrons.
Just because we’re away from direct involvement, doesn’t mean we can’t influence, be involved in the newly changed BGS decision making or day to day running of a group. It is really crucial, yes.
May I please ask you consider using the Discord as announcements are far more, far reaching given that due to time zones, some people may not be online to get a message, yet can get a notification of a phone from Discord.
Thanks.

As a squadron leader, PMF leader etc, it’s really not practical for me, or others within other groups to leave their existing squadrons.
Just because we’re away from direct involvement, doesn’t mean we can’t influence, be involved in the newly changed BGS decision making or day to day running of a group. It is really crucial, yes.
May I please ask you consider using the Discord as announcements are far more, far reaching given that due to time zones, some people may not be online to get a message, yet can get a notification of a phone from Discord.
Thanks.

Dude, yes. I said above that the Squadron channel of communications is optional. There will be both Discord server and messages through the PS4 Community, fear not.

Applied way back around the announcement of DW2. Cannot find my name on the list. Re-applied today. Hopefully I can get on the list and be part of this epic adventure.
(Now accepted [4DB-DW] ready to go!!!!!!)

Last edited:
Can I ask what are the advantages / disadvantages of joining a squadron in a private group over not joining and playing in Open? I'm not really clued up on a lot of the intricacies of the game and had assumed I'd just pootle along in Open as I usually do, but would I be missing out on stuff then?

Can I ask what are the advantages / disadvantages of joining a squadron in a private group over not joining and playing in Open? I'm not really clued up on a lot of the intricacies of the game and had assumed I'd just pootle along in Open as I usually do, but would I be missing out on stuff then?

Hi Beagleboy! Squadrons are really just a 'value added' thing for DW2, they are not critical. The only 'advantage' is that it represents an in-game tool to communicate directly with those fleet members also in the squadron. In that respect you won't be missing out on anything substantive if you don't join. You may miss a level of engagement, but that's all.

Squadrons are not tied to a private group, they are persistent across modes, so whether you're in Solo, a PG (any PG) or Open you will still be able to communicate in the Squadron chat (assuming it's not still broken by the time we launch that is...)

I would assume we need to withdraw from powerplay factions for dw2. Is that correct?

Hi Bk! No, you need not withdraw from Powerplay for the expedition. The org team would not look kindly on Powerplay related aggression or divisiveness in the context of this shared endeavour however.

Last edited:
Top Bottom