Distant Worlds II Event DW2 PS Edition

Well, I made it into the Omega Mining station last night. A few sweaty palm moments as I super cruised in, watching my radar in case some of these 'Gankers' were hanging around, but I got in without incident. Parked up now and waiting for my weapons to be transferred to the station, so that when I go out again I can spit my pea shooters at anyone that messes with me. I have no illusions about my survival chances if that happens, but hey....blaze of glory and all that, eh?

On the way to the station, I stopped at a few of the sights. I particularly liked Thor's Eye, because if you got close enough and manoeuvred the ship so that the black hole was between it and the galactic core, it really did look like an eyeball peering down. Also liked 'The View', even though landing was a wee bit trickier than normal. Best of all was finding life for the first time, just some sort of seed pod thing, but I was very pleased.

Anyway, got into Omega with a few more first discoveries under my belt and a deeper appreciation of the game. Well done to the folk who've organised all this and boo to the folk who think they can spoil it for those of us who prefer to play in 'Open' mode.

Beagy73

Hey CMDRS, just joined the forum and have received my roster number earlier today. I originally thought I wouldn't be able to dedicate the time to the expedition every week so didn't bother signing up but having been following the Twitter feeds every day I am determined to make the time.

Waiting for the PSN friends invite acceptance from Allcrowsareblack and will get stuck in. I'm currently in the bubble at the moment, about 100ly from Wolf 584, which I departed from last night for a quick run after changing out some modules. I've set my AspX up with a 4G hanger with two Scarabs and a brace of AFMUs, just in case I end up having too much fun :)

My AspX has a range of 32.77 full and a max range of 35ly which I think should get me through the last jump to Beagle Point. I've not done any engineering, other than what was unlocked by default after visiting Felicity Farseer. There are shorter ranged ships on the expedition so I am hoping that will be good enough.

I'm going to have to floor it with a lot of rush scooping while I play catch-up so the summarised list from Stinja (post 56) will be handy to have to skip the bits that will be bettered as the trip progresses. I'll try not to crashland at The View, if I can help it :-D

Can't wait to get started.

Waiting for the PSN friends invite acceptance from Allcrowsareblack and will get stuck in.
Can't wait to get started.

Didn't realise I would have to wait for my post to be approved - not surprised though - as I left off a glaring piece of information, my CMDR name - "StewWoo", and t.here doesn't appear to be an edit post option.

Hoping I can get "access" to the PS4 this evening so I can get started - essentially after my wife has gone to bed :-D

Yeah, still waiting for the friend request to be accepted. However I expect she's been swamped with invites and is having to work through them in chunks. We likely all need to be a little patient, I'm sure she'll get round to all of us in time. :)

My request has been accepted. Excellent.

I was going to make a start and head over to the starting point last night - do I need to do that, or can I start from the system I'm currently in? The PS4 told me there was an update to ED so started the download and then I nodded off. It was nearly midnight after all.

Woke up on the couch at 5am. Given my alarm was due to go off at 510, I got up and got ready for work.

Not off to the best of starts :-(

I signed up last night. Pushing it I know. As of yet I don't have an entry number. Does this mean I won't be able to join the Pg if can't see it by the cut off?

My request has been accepted. Excellent.

I was going to make a start and head over to the starting point last night - do I need to do that, or can I start from the system I'm currently in? The PS4 told me there was an update to ED so started the download and then I nodded off. It was nearly midnight after all.

Woke up on the couch at 5am. Given my alarm was due to go off at 510, I got up and got ready for work.

Not off to the best of starts :-(

You can start from where you are, the original start point was for sentimental/historical reasons as that was where the original commander started from.

You can start from where you are, the original start point was for sentimental/historical reasons as that was where the original commander started from.

Ok. I'm less than 200ly away from Pallaeni and it's on my way anyway I think. What's another 200ly when I have to cover 5.5Kly?

Also, just noticed my official roster number is now three places higher than it was when I first appeared. Does that mean that people have dropped out, or it is in a state of flux until registration closes later today?

Also (2), are there any must have resources to keep next to me as I travel? I shall be using EDSM and will sign up on Discord when I get a moment and I have a bookmark folder of various links to the forum here.

I signed up last night. Pushing it I know. As of yet I don't have an entry number. Does this mean I won't be able to join the Pg if can't see it by the cut off?

I'm late too. I can't sign up on the latecomers yet since my job blocks google storage. Sign up or not, solo or with the group, I plan on heading out tonight when I get home from work.

I have confirmation that I'm on the main roster and have sent a friend request. My PSN is Stuey-77. Will wait to hear if the PG is reopened. Many thanks!

Been at Omega Mining site for a few days and managed to stop at all the highlight spots listed on the main DW2 page, ended up discovering several new systems along the way, and am finding the mining break at omega a welcome break from all the jumps.

Top Bottom