Distant Worlds II Event DW2 PS Edition

I'm offering my services to organize/host a "PS4 Exiles" PG for the overflow of people on PS4 and/or latecomers.

PSN: Wartooth118

Just as a heads-up, make sure to include your fleet roster number if you send me a request.

If this is unwanted or unwelcome please let me know and I'll take back the offer. o7

Hey guys I've only just recently started playing the game on the PS4. I've got a Cobra MKIII with some stuff, jump range is around 20Ly. I'm currently around 13,000Ly away from the DW2 waypoint. I would like to take part in the event but it feels like I'm too far behind to catch up. The motivation for finally starting the game was to take part in DW2 but now that I've seen how far away you are and will be even further before the weekend my limited playtime feels like it would be best spent elsewhere. Does anyone have any tips on what I should do to try and catch up so I can take part each week? Any magical stuff out there in the cosmos that would see me get into the action sometime before next Christmas? Cheers.

Hey guys I've only just recently started playing the game on the PS4. I've got a Cobra MKIII with some stuff, jump range is around 20Ly. I'm currently around 13,000Ly away from the DW2 waypoint. I would like to take part in the event but it feels like I'm too far behind to catch up. The motivation for finally starting the game was to take part in DW2 but now that I've seen how far away you are and will be even further before the weekend my limited playtime feels like it would be best spent elsewhere. Does anyone have any tips on what I should do to try and catch up so I can take part each week? Any magical stuff out there in the cosmos that would see me get into the action sometime before next Christmas? Cheers.

I think the first thing you need to do is buy a better jump drive and bigger fuel scoop then go see Felicity Farseer, the engineer, to try and boost your jump range even more. Shouldn't take more than a few hours. Pretty sure it's been mentioned on here somewhere that the minimum jump range you need for the trip is around 32ly.

Judging by the squadron I'm in, I reckon I'm up towards the top quarter of the group for distance travelled, and I've been playing around 4-6 hours a week with an average jump range of around 45ly.

I reckon if you bumped up your range a wee bit, got sat down in your comfiest chair (underpants optional), and really went for it, you could catch up with everyone over a weekend's worth of playing.

I'm currently sitting in a space port near WP4, but (whisper...in real life, I'm about to head off to the Italian Dolomites for a week of skiing....whisper), so I'm expecting to drop behind everyone and be forced to play catchup. If you do decide to come along, you could always drop me a line and we could wing up for company at the back o' the bus.

The others have some great advice and I don't have a lot to add to that, but if you are even thinking about joining us sign up on the latecomers roster as a matter of priority. Without that I can't get you into the PG, which is important in a way that you may not, as an early career CMDR, yet appreciate. Check the OP for details and if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

I'm offering my services to organize/host a "PS4 Exiles" PG for the overflow of people on PS4 and/or latecomers.

PSN: Wartooth118

Just as a heads-up, make sure to include your fleet roster number if you send me a request.

If this is unwanted or unwelcome please let me know and I'll take back the offer. o7

Hi! Thank you for the offer! Right now (07/02/3305) applications for the PG and other PS facilities are still open. They will close on Feb 17th though after which the official advice is to join Mobius.

Thanks for the tips and words of encouragement guys. I actually put in a little time last night and discovered that even with my current jump range I can achieve about 350Ly for about 30 minutes of play. I've also found thanks to the beauty of the internet that scanning planets is very lucrative and have set myself a target of getting a better ship and with that comes a larger jump range. I've also spoke to Farseer already but she requires some materials which I'm not familiar with. I'll have to consult CMDR Google once again for that. So with all that said if I can get my jump range up and I can manage 1000Ly an hour then if I put in a good weekend then I should mostly be able to catch up. I'm excited again :)

The others have some great advice and I don't have a lot to add to that, but if you are even thinking about joining us sign up on the latecomers roster as a matter of priority. Without that I can't get you into the PG, which is important in a way that you may not, as an early career CMDR, yet appreciate. Check the OP for details and if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

I actually signed up to the late comers roster earlier in the week. Not sure if there's a way for you to check that my details were saved but I'm assuming they were. How do I see what # I am? Thanks!

Welcome to the club Cmndr! You should go straight to Colonia, get a new ship there. o7

Edit: All the exploration between will get you the money you need.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips and words of encouragement guys. I actually put in a little time last night and discovered that even with my current jump range I can achieve about 350Ly for about 30 minutes of play. I've also found thanks to the beauty of the internet that scanning planets is very lucrative and have set myself a target of getting a better ship and with that comes a larger jump range. I've also spoke to Farseer already but she requires some materials which I'm not familiar with. I'll have to consult CMDR Google once again for that. So with all that said if I can get my jump range up and I can manage 1000Ly an hour then if I put in a good weekend then I should mostly be able to catch up. I'm excited again :)

I actually signed up to the late comers roster earlier in the week. Not sure if there's a way for you to check that my details were saved but I'm assuming they were. How do I see what # I am? Thanks!

In that case I need a PSN friend request from you and I'll take care of the rest. o7

Last edited:
In that case I need a PSN friend request from you and I'll take care of the rest. o7

Hey mate, I just sent you a friend request on the PS4 now. Thanks!

Just an update on my previous posts - I've now got a Diamondback Explorer with a jump range of 56Ly :) Spent some time over the weekend getting setup and collected the materials I needed to get level 5 FSD mods from Farseer. Should make it a fair bit easier to catch up :) Thanks for all the suggestions and feedback. Appreciate it.

I've thought about throwing a exploration setup on either my dbx, krait mk2 or conda and hopping out there and I have 143 premium fsd injections to help make things a lil faster. How's the security been so far on the trip? Are player pirates chasing the group constantly picking people off like wolves or is it generally laid back? I'm used to taking it easy while exploring and would think a large group in the open would be attracting a lot of attention.

Last edited:
I wish they'd done the slot changes in Beyond, as it would have given my Cobra the space I felt it needed for the trip. Bit to far to go back and swap now too, although I may go back to Sag A or Colonia after DW2 and swap then.

Since I uploaded this for the other thread, here's a mass jump to help inspire DWers - fly safe o7

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58XGM0jdVhE

CMDRs! We're a week in to the final leg now and into the validation period (22 April-13 June). I'm sure many of you are thinking about (if not already begun) your return to the Bubble.
First, Thank you for making this expedition truly amazing! I'll never forget it or you and how you all come together to break records and make gaming history! But we're not quite done yet...

I and the Org team would like to understand your plans and if you would still like our support in some way. The form linked here seeks to understand your next move so we know how we might be able to help. Please fill it in between now and Midnight Monday April 29. and I'll report back to you with the results soon: https://forms.gle/uK95ALsdAN9wzbZR7

Finally: If anyone has any validation issues arising from a PSN ID name change or spelling mistake, please PM me and I will correct your roster entry. I can’t add anyone not already on it though I’m afraid o7

Thank's Crow for helping making DW2 a success! Also thanks to all Cmdrs i met on the journey out here!
Been nice chatting to you over coms.
Im hanging at Salomé's reach. I might take a short stroll to see if i find something worthy of mapping, But I still not sure of what way to take back.. yet
(I filled out the form btw),

Top Bottom