[DW2] PSA for the Return Journey: Take the Smuggler's Path Home!

I started the journey back to Sag A* and home, but this time I took the Smuggler's Path across the Abyss. This is a far, far easier (and more direct) route for Asp-class ships than Route 33. I spent three days manually pathfinding and backtracking to get from the end of Route 33 to Beagle Point. I was able to use the nav plotter the entire way on Smuggler's Path (just choose waypoints roughly 30 jumps apart on the rimward end of the path increasing to 60 jumps apart on the coreward end).

Add the following waypoints to the Beagle Point side of the path to get you from BP to the start of Smuggler's Path:
Ceeckia YJ-Z c16-0 (ELW orbiting the distant binary)
Iorant QJ-I c9-1

The waypoints for the nav planner I used on the Smuggler's Path itself:
Syre Thua RY-S c3-0
Puwee LD-K d8-3
Puwee FR-N c6-0
Chua Dryiae TY-N b40-0
Syneayoi SF-R c4-0
Pyroo Eohn ZU-V d3-2
Cho Thua SB-W c15-1 (end of Smuggler's Path)

My Asp has a range of just over 34ly, but none of the jumps were even close to 34. I didn't use any Jumponium at all -- very fast, very efficient, I wish I'd gone to Beagle Point this way instead of Route 33!

Hoping this helps some returning explorers get home...

Gryff

Nice! I actually ended up taking most of this route by accident on the way to Beagle Point, but got a little stuck at the end, 500ly out.
This will make it WAY easier to get home - thanks.

This is a far, far easier (and more direct) route for Asp-class ships than Route 33. I spent three days manually pathfinding and backtracking to get from the end of Route 33 to Beagle Point.

It took me a couple hours in my 35 Ly range limited Vulture after pulling an all-nighter the night before jump-honking along.

SvXI4Ls.png

Was actually a lot of fun. ☺

You guys can check if you can auto-plot between the bookmarks in the picture above. Perhaps not the most direct route, but it works for me.

Cheers.

Edit: Working on a better route. Will update when done.

Last edited:
Top Bottom