In-Development E.D.I.S.O.N orbital and surface navigation

Cmdr Maxine Slayton is the author (Dev) of E.D.I.S.O.N

Please rep the Author ...:)
[video=youtube;2gnqRvFt8hw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gnqRvFt8hw&t=43s[/video]

[video=youtube;3eh8QTltxts]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eh8QTltxts[/video]

The author
Cmdr Maxine Slayton
user-online.png

Dropbox E.D.I.S.O.N File link
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o8bzpp8zwyy4029/AADUCZ1n__27EzQLXNscK4B1a?dl=0

'Orbital and surface navigation' images, are now included in the download for initial setup & testing

Thoughts ?

*Note first mentioned ( I believe ) by ObsidianAnt Jul 24, 2017 in
3303 Elite Dangerous - Gamescom 2017 Elite Meet, 200 Million Cr Mission Nerf, Navigation Tool

Last edited:
Hubba Hubba!!!! I have GOT to have me one of those!!! And with VA?!? Oh boy!!

Where can we get a beta for this outstanding program???

Excitement got the best of me, I'm on it!!

Last edited:
I've had a couple of runs at this now. Unfortunately, I use a 4k monitor and this software can't handle that resolution when setting up the bounding boxes for the area to be OCRed. I've emailed Michael about this and I have to say, I am impressed with how quickly he has personally responded and put out a new version (v1.21). It still doesn't handle 4k monitors, but I'm sure Michael will get this sorted out soon. Awesome work Michael! [heart]

Hubba Hubba!!!! I have GOT to have me one of those!!! And with VA?!? Oh boy!!

Where can we get a beta for this outstanding program???

Excitement got the best of me, I'm on it!!

The Dropbox link for the install is in the first post...

Hi Michael here,

I am the author of E.D.I.S.O.N.

Ive asked the Dev to include a 'orbital and surface navigation' image, in the comment section of the above setup video, just for initial setup testing

I have uploaded some example screenshots and settings. Your will find them in the folder "Tips and Examples" if your follow the Dropbox link.

Would like this to work with Voice Attack and Amy Ivona voice, HSC voice packs, and EDDI, if needed

These are some great ideas, I will keep them in mind. :)

Fly safe!

I've had a couple of runs at this now. Unfortunately, I use a 4k monitor and this software can't handle that resolution when setting up the bounding boxes for the area to be OCRed. I've emailed Michael about this and I have to say, I am impressed with how quickly he has personally responded and put out a new version (v1.21). It still doesn't handle 4k monitors, but I'm sure Michael will get this sorted out soon. Awesome work Michael! [heart]

Yeah I know : I'm on a triple monitors setup myself so it won't work either *BUT* all the same, maybe this will convince our beloved devs to give us some planetary navigation instruments before the end of what was sold as the SURFACE LANDING SEASON :D

Hello FD ? Anybody home ? This is becoming ridiculous ya know ?

Last edited:
Michael,

Works beautifully, didn't need any setup other than tell it where the screensave folder was. I was expecting an hour or two fine tuning the threshold etc. but it was already set up. As others have said, With Ivona Amy or HCS Verity, it would be perfect. I have it on my small third monitor with VA, Eddi and captains log.

Outstanding work [up]

++Rep

Yeah I know : I'm on a triple monitors setup myself so it won't work either *BUT* all the same, maybe this will convince our beloved devs to give some planetary navigation instruments before the end of what was sold as the SURFACE LANDING SEASON :D

Hello FD ? Anybody home ? This is becoming ridiculous ya know ?

Navigation / Exploration , need to be able to work in FULLSCREEN / VR MODE

Amazing tool, but it's a crying shame that you have to resort to OCR. The current long/lat should be made available to external tools like this!

Amazing tool, but it's a crying shame that you have to resort to OCR. The current long/lat should be made available to external tools like this!

ED the crying game ...:rolleyes:

Yes it just BUGS me that Elite Dangerous players are having to rely on Third party apps Dev's, just to make Frontiers game playable.

These Third party apps DEVS are doing a great job, still its really quite insulting that for years Players are waiting for Third party apps Dev's work to be fully supported with API so Full screen Mode and thus VR uses can play without Headset OFF Headset ON dance to access information, that SHOULD be in game and viewable while wearing a headset !

Or if your not running VR , like me, having to ALT TAB, to access app data on your desktop.

Android access ( tablet 2nd screen) is also another way of staying in Fullscreen Mode and in game, yet this solution is still not very helpful for VR uses

This app could be developed by Frontier https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...xy-Remote-the-ED-netLog-to-multiple-listeners
allowing an interface with all other APPS like E.D.I.S.O.N, to use Frontier data

Update this also may help https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/368810-MyCMDR-Companion-Application

Last edited:
First of all great tool, thank you for developing!

Am i right it dont run on a 4k monitor, i did the setup, made a screenshot folder,setup ocr.
But actually no date is comming in the programm. The screenshot folder hasent to be in a speciffic place or the standart elite screenshot folder. Is the date comming directly from the monitor output or, does the programm need to do sreenshot every x secunds?
I run elite in borderless mode, i think i tryed fullscreen too but no changes.

Thank you for the help

Last edited:
First of all great tool, thank you for developing!

Am i right it dont run on a 4k monitor, i did the setup, made a screenshot folder,setup ocr.
But actually no date is comming in the programm. The screenshot folder hasent to be in a speciffic place or the standart elite screenshot folder. Is the date comming directly from the monitor output or, does the programm need to do sreenshot every x secunds?
I run elite in borderless mode, i think i tryed fullscreen too but no changes.

Thank you for the help

Hi Alex,

after you hit the "Run" button E.D.I.S.O.N. watches the screenshot folder for new files. You will have to take the screenshots manually (e.g. hit F10 to use Elite screenshot feature).

There is one exception:
If you are running E.D.I.S.O.N. on the same machine as Elite, you can setup the Auto Screenshot feature. Just set the "External screenshot tool hotkey" to the hotkey you press to take a screenshot.
Then, after you hit run, E.D.I.S.O.N. will "press" this hotkey for you every x seconds (You can set the interval to anything between 1 and 30 seconds).

I hope this helps.

o7

I hope this helps.

o7

Thx it worked, agian amazing work and respect for putting so mutch effort in it.

so to clarify the ocr is going for the screenshots, so for every new algo. to run you have to do a new screenshot or let the auto magic do its work

for the info the screenshot folder is under

C:\Users\[USER NAME]\Pictures\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous

f10 is ingame to hit a screenshot

Now i go barnacle hunting

It's a great idea. Sadly after following the instructions, it just comes up with error messages.
Most video and graphics related apps don't work on my laptop.

o7

It's a great idea. Sadly after following the instructions, it just comes up with error messages.
Most video and graphics related apps don't work on my laptop.

o7

Hallo Yanick,

please send me a screenshot of these error messages. Maybe we can work it out.
(You can find my email address in the readme.txt)

o7

Hallo Commanders,

I've uploaded a new version.

Changelog Version 1.3
----------------------------------
-Implemented help feature
-Downscaling for large screenshots (4k monitors)
-Setting for screenshot format
-Improved filtering of ocr results (German and french language are now supported)
-Improved detection of Altitude HUD line

o7

Top Bottom