E3 - 2019

OP, if your point was to chastise Frontier for lack of communication, I agree. Was that your point? I'm not sure because I got distracted by your repeated apologies. :)

We don't apologize for arguing or offending on this forum! It's just not done! :)

Man, I wish some of you ace backseat developers had the opportunity to steer a creative project involving tons of people's livelihoods and millions of dollars.

Man, I wish some of you ace backseat developers had the opportunity to steer a creative project involving tons of people's livelihoods and millions of dollars.
Does a drilling business count?

In all seriousness, if you can't use forums to armchair quarte...err, armchair develop...where's the fun in coming here? I for one take more issue with communication strategy than I do actual game development (given I know about as much coding as can be fit onto a TI-93...which I guess isn't terrible now that I think about it). Anyways, it bugs me that their communication strategy is so flawed.

Pick a direction and stick to it - go radio silent and surprise us (Hello Games) or telegraph intelligently and honestly on time (Blizzard). For the love of all that is holy, don't do this wishy washy 'maybe I will maybe I won't' nonsense with new forum categories popping in and out of existence like Schrodinger's Cat.

Was there really ever a focused feedback forum? Or did we just imagine it?
Were they really thinking about changing Power Play to Open Only, or were they just testing the waters?
Is there actually a Thargoid threat, or is there no actual plan beyond 'break all the stations slowly but make them a pain to repair so nobody does'

I outsourced that ;) But checking up on progress seems to be harder work than it should be.

I do think any player without a lifetime pass has little to complain about, but personally I find it pretty frustrating to have nothing more than a vague date several years after paying extra for the lifetime pass. If I knew then that there would be a 5 year delay between paying extra and getting the next DLC after Horizons I would have just bought Horizons instead.

I outsourced that ;) But checking up on progress seems to be harder work than it should be.

I do think any player without a lifetime pass has little to complain about, but personally I find it pretty frustrating to have nothing more than a vague date several years after paying extra for the lifetime pass. If I knew then that there would be a 5 year delay between paying extra and getting the next DLC after Horizons I would have just bought Horizons instead.
But you couldn't live without the free snowflake and christmas tree bobbleheads 🤥

Top Bottom