E3 - 2019

Personally, after watching some of E3 I realised that I prefer Frontier's decision to only announce something when they are ready and close to release. I know that will be an unpopular opinion here but this is my reason.

Instead of being hyped for an upcoming game announced at E3, and it did look like there were some good up-coming games (e.g. Cyberpunk 2077), I came away disappointed when I realised that I would have to wait for almost a year before I could play something I want to play now.

I actually think for me upcoming games are announced too far in advance as after an initial moment of excitement for a new game, my enthusiasm wanes as a year or more is a long time and my interests may change. I personally think 6 months should be the maximum time period between an announcement and the release.

CD Projekt Red generally doesn't announce release dates on games until they are very far along, which I prefer actually. I guess I can't be too surprised that they announced the Cyberpunk 2077 game today, though it's probably been in development for 3-5 years. They are just getting around to announcing the release date. Most studios don't take this approach and I wish they did.

Likewise with Planet Zoo, that game looks pretty far along so they showed it today. People act like Frontier is holding out on us when that is probably not the case at all, they probably don't have anything ready to show and anything they might have been able to show is too raw for them to actually show. Oh, but they could give us little details and string us along.... for a year plus.....yeah that's not better either, please don't do that Frontier. Waiting will be hard enough already.

Last edited:
Looks like frontiers do noting with elite, maybe they just abonded this game?
I verry much love elite, but half of years no any news, only uslees events and some streems, I don't think this game can be alive anymore.
BRABEN PLZ!

They already said nothing's coming till 2020. What else do you need updating with? Though I'd enjoy seeing Will do a one hour of livestream with nothing but - "Yeah, it's still not 2020. Still waiting for then to announce something. <checks watch> Yep, still nothing.".

Im betting that the 2020 update will be a viper Mk4 Ship kit. Im expecting that Frontier are just working really hard on it.
I'd prefer that to fleet carriers.

Well, I am glad that this topic has received at least some response, as well, I thank you all for your answers.
keep writing please
As for me, I apologize to fd for everything I ever wrote, I thought that the problem was in you, I was wrong, but after reading and analyzing the answers, I came to the conclusion that the problem lies in the community itself and not in you, I have it seems that some of them want to get information on the new era, but it’s as if afraid to talk about it directly, the rest, as if they don’t want to know anything about the “new era”.

As for me, I apologize to fd for everything I ever wrote, I thought that the problem was in you, I was wrong, but after reading and analyzing the answers, I came to the conclusion that the problem lies in the community itself and not in you, I have it seems that some of them want to get information on the new era, but it’s as if afraid to talk about it directly, the rest, as if they don’t want to know anything about the “new era”.
Oh, go boil your head. Seriously, this "I'm entitled to know" nonsense is getting tiring. They'll announce when they're ready to, not when you want them to.

Oh, go boil your head. Seriously, this "I'm entitled to know" nonsense is getting tiring. They'll announce when they're ready to, not when you want them to.
Well, of course, this is a great excuse, I know. frontiers can say "we are not ready" in 2020, and in 2021 and in 2022 and in 2122 and further, well, and you will repeat all this time, "wait, as they will be ready and they will tell" :)

Well, of course, this is a great excuse, I know. frontiers can say "we are not ready" in 2020, and in 2021 and in 2022 and in 2122 and further, well, and you will repeat all this time, "wait, as they will be ready and they will tell" :)
It's over a year away! Do you seriously want them to say stuff now that they may have to retract later? 'Cause I don't know if you're familiar with this community but they tend not to react well when that happens. Besides, marketing departments get tetchy when other people try to dictate information release schedules.

Personally I would quite like to know what's in the next quarterly update, since that should be pretty much locked and loaded by now, but the 2020 update? No. It's vapourware currently.

It's over a year away! Do you seriously want them to say stuff now that they may have to retract later? 'Cause I don't know if you're familiar with this community but they tend not to react well when that happens. Besides, marketing departments get tetchy when other people try to dictate information release schedules.

Personally I would quite like to know what's in the next quarterly update, since that should be pretty much locked and loaded by now, but the 2020 update? No. It's vapourware currently.
hey, so do you think marketers fd kings or gods?
no, they are not gods, and not even mortal kings, they are the same workers as me or you, and I know that all they care about is profit, I thought about it, and while horyzons / beyond are profitable they do not need to announce A new addition, la this is one of the possible options that I described in the first post,
and they may also be mistaken like me or you.

What the hell does that even mean?

Again, they'll tell us when they're good and ready.
I have already explained what this means, I use a translator, because some points may be incomprehensible. Well, yes, as I said, "we are not ready" they can speak in 2020 and in 2021 and in 2022, and you will repeat this time, "they will say how they will be ready." :)

I have already explained what this means, I use a translator, because some points may be incomprehensible. Well, yes, as I said, "we are not ready" they can speak in 2020 and in 2021 and in 2022, and you will repeat this time, "they will say how they will be ready." :)
So...to be clear...you think that because they haven't released details of an update that's at least a year away, that means it's going to be delayed?

Okaaaaay.

So...to be clear...you think that because they haven't released details of an update that's at least a year away, that means it's going to be delayed?

Okaaaaay.
based on what they said in 2016 and in 2017, the same words “we are not ready” and the community echoed “they will say how they will be ready”, yes, I consider this option very likely. :)

{shrug} ok, that's your call. Have fun with that.
let me say, these are not my words, look, 2016, David Braben answered the question and said: Yes. We have ongoing work on the planets, including the atmospheres, planetary life, those. it turns out that he was working on it even then, but where is any confirmation of that? perhaps he deceived the community in order to calm him down? but then it turns out that they can deceive the community and now (hey, stop being offended, I don't intend to hurt anyone!) with the same purpose.
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4l4f3c/_/d3k96iy Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4l4f3c/ask_him_anything_david_braben_cocreator_of_elite/d3k96iy/?context=3

let me say, these are not my words, look, 2016, David Braben answered the question and said: Yes. We have ongoing work on the planets, including the atmospheres, planetary life, those. it turns out that he was working on it even then, but where is any confirmation of that? perhaps he deceived the community in order to calm him down? but then it turns out that they can deceive the community and now (hey, stop being offended, I don't intend to hurt anyone!) with the same purpose.
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4l4f3c/_/d3k96iy Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4l4f3c/ask_him_anything_david_braben_cocreator_of_elite/d3k96iy/?context=3
Perhaps you are deceiving the community. See, I can make random stuff up too!

Top Bottom