E3 - 2019

Well, I am glad that this topic has received at least some response, as well, I thank you all for your answers.
keep writing please
As for me, I apologize to fd for everything I ever wrote, I thought that the problem was in you, I was wrong, but after reading and analyzing the answers, I came to the conclusion that the problem lies in the community itself and not in you, I have it seems that some of them want to get information on the new era, but it’s as if afraid to talk about it directly, the rest, as if they don’t want to know anything about the “new era”.

As for me, I apologize to fd for everything I ever wrote, I thought that the problem was in you, I was wrong, but after reading and analyzing the answers, I came to the conclusion that the problem lies in the community itself and not in you, I have it seems that some of them want to get information on the new era, but it’s as if afraid to talk about it directly, the rest, as if they don’t want to know anything about the “new era”.
Oh, go boil your head. Seriously, this "I'm entitled to know" nonsense is getting tiring. They'll announce when they're ready to, not when you want them to.

Oh, go boil your head. Seriously, this "I'm entitled to know" nonsense is getting tiring. They'll announce when they're ready to, not when you want them to.
Well, of course, this is a great excuse, I know. frontiers can say "we are not ready" in 2020, and in 2021 and in 2022 and in 2122 and further, well, and you will repeat all this time, "wait, as they will be ready and they will tell" :)

Well, of course, this is a great excuse, I know. frontiers can say "we are not ready" in 2020, and in 2021 and in 2022 and in 2122 and further, well, and you will repeat all this time, "wait, as they will be ready and they will tell" :)
It's over a year away! Do you seriously want them to say stuff now that they may have to retract later? 'Cause I don't know if you're familiar with this community but they tend not to react well when that happens. Besides, marketing departments get tetchy when other people try to dictate information release schedules.

Personally I would quite like to know what's in the next quarterly update, since that should be pretty much locked and loaded by now, but the 2020 update? No. It's vapourware currently.

It's over a year away! Do you seriously want them to say stuff now that they may have to retract later? 'Cause I don't know if you're familiar with this community but they tend not to react well when that happens. Besides, marketing departments get tetchy when other people try to dictate information release schedules.

Personally I would quite like to know what's in the next quarterly update, since that should be pretty much locked and loaded by now, but the 2020 update? No. It's vapourware currently.
hey, so do you think marketers fd kings or gods?
no, they are not gods, and not even mortal kings, they are the same workers as me or you, and I know that all they care about is profit, I thought about it, and while horyzons / beyond are profitable they do not need to announce A new addition, la this is one of the possible options that I described in the first post,
and they may also be mistaken like me or you.

What the hell does that even mean?

Again, they'll tell us when they're good and ready.
I have already explained what this means, I use a translator, because some points may be incomprehensible. Well, yes, as I said, "we are not ready" they can speak in 2020 and in 2021 and in 2022, and you will repeat this time, "they will say how they will be ready." :)

I have already explained what this means, I use a translator, because some points may be incomprehensible. Well, yes, as I said, "we are not ready" they can speak in 2020 and in 2021 and in 2022, and you will repeat this time, "they will say how they will be ready." :)
So...to be clear...you think that because they haven't released details of an update that's at least a year away, that means it's going to be delayed?

Okaaaaay.

So...to be clear...you think that because they haven't released details of an update that's at least a year away, that means it's going to be delayed?

Okaaaaay.
based on what they said in 2016 and in 2017, the same words “we are not ready” and the community echoed “they will say how they will be ready”, yes, I consider this option very likely. :)

{shrug} ok, that's your call. Have fun with that.
let me say, these are not my words, look, 2016, David Braben answered the question and said: Yes. We have ongoing work on the planets, including the atmospheres, planetary life, those. it turns out that he was working on it even then, but where is any confirmation of that? perhaps he deceived the community in order to calm him down? but then it turns out that they can deceive the community and now (hey, stop being offended, I don't intend to hurt anyone!) with the same purpose.
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4l4f3c/_/d3k96iy Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4l4f3c/ask_him_anything_david_braben_cocreator_of_elite/d3k96iy/?context=3

let me say, these are not my words, look, 2016, David Braben answered the question and said: Yes. We have ongoing work on the planets, including the atmospheres, planetary life, those. it turns out that he was working on it even then, but where is any confirmation of that? perhaps he deceived the community in order to calm him down? but then it turns out that they can deceive the community and now (hey, stop being offended, I don't intend to hurt anyone!) with the same purpose.
https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4l4f3c/_/d3k96iy Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/4l4f3c/ask_him_anything_david_braben_cocreator_of_elite/d3k96iy/?context=3
Perhaps you are deceiving the community. See, I can make random stuff up too!

I guess most people can understand that 1.5 years in advance is not the best time to talk in detail about the expansion's features.

The problem is Elite's "games as a service" model. People expect regular content/events and so far Interstellar Initiatives just don't cut it, unless they improve a ton. Maybe Frontier should just have told us there's not much going for the next 18 months, so people can put Elite on a proverbial shelf and check again in 2020.

As I said before, nobody complains about classic single player games that don't get updates every 3-6 months. FD are just not really great at managing expectations. Obviously players are guilty of that too, but it takes two to tango.

I guess most people can understand that 1.5 years in advance is not the best time to talk in detail about the expansion's features.

The problem is Elite's "games as a service" model. People expect regular content/events and so far Interstellar Initiatives just don't cut it, unless they improve a ton. Maybe Frontier should just have told us there's not much going for the next 18 months, so people can put Elite on a proverbial shelf and check again in 2020.

As I said before, nobody complains about classic single player games that don't get updates every 3-6 months. FD are just not really great at managing expectations. Obviously players are guilty of that too, but it takes two to tango.
hmm, forgive me, but if you didn’t notice, there was only a year left until the "planned" release of the "new era", and this is just about the time when the first announcements should be made, because after that, time must pass so that people discuss it, make pre-orders, conduct several waves of closed and open beta test (which in itself can take a year), see how those Blizzard do with their world of warcraft.

and, no, of course I do not ask the frontiers to release the "new era" right now or after 15 minutes. I just want to understand why they are silent. Now I’ll come to the conclusion that the community itself doesn’t really want to learn anything about the “new era”

and, no, of course I do not ask the frontiers to release the "new era" right now or after 15 minutes. I just want to understand why they are silent. Now I’ll come to the conclusion that the community itself doesn’t really want to learn anything about the “new era”
You can come to all the conclusions you want, but it doesn't actually mean anything.

Top Bottom