Ships Eagle Build

I’d like some advice on making the (non-Imperial) Eagle a better ‘big game’ hunter.

As the PowerPlay modules are the last thing I’ve left to unlock, I’m looking at some kind of Cytoscrambler/Enforcer Cannon build, but I’m wondering if anyone has got some good advice on the optimum combination/Engineering guide for this?

Or any other combo (not really into rails or torps though)?

if by big game hunting you mean assasination missions, then TV beam and 2 SRB rails with SP and FC should work, for pvp more natural but not that easy to use against common FDL's is 3 enforcers build, but generally you need FC somewhere, you dont have enaugh alpha damage to break ship shields before large bank kick in. I would opt for hybrid build with c2 thermal bi-weaves.

Cheers, are the Cyto’s no good? I’ve read conflicting stuff about how if you get (very) up close and have Inertial Impact, or phasing, you can have some fun...

The beam/double rail is probably the go-to otherwise (although there are ammo concerns with it)

Only advantage cytos have over SRB rails is no need for ammo, and you kill faster by removing shields and sniping modules than through cytos and some other weapons, remember that you have c1 hardpoints, and only rails can penetrate heavy armour on those, it's hard when you dont have acces to at least 1 med hardpoint, it opens up plasma options and frags on c2 begin to be usable as primary weapons.

it's just bad build, no need afmu if you dont have module reinforcements to rapair and for c1 afmu b rated is better couse of more "ammo", also gains in speed on eagle are not worth flying without hull, EPT ships are most vulnurable to hitscan, paper hull makes them even weker in this. sturdy rail is horrible mod on rails, and even worse if you are using single railgun. i agree with drive distributors on ept thrusters being best 99% of the time

I'm really looking at this: (not joking...)

Worlds Deadliest Eagle

Based on this discussion

Looks like I should use Drive Distributors vs Drag Drives. Boost speed goes to over 700!

I'm just now gathering materials, but I'm excited to be building this ship!

Some good stuff in there, I’ll not be dabbling with AMFU and hull reinforcements though. Yeah drive distributors are the way to go on smaller ships.

I’m interested to see what Inertial Impact can do on short range blaster Cytos, aware of the awful jitter but would use it like a sawn-off space shotgun laser...

Eagle is very tough one :/ Imperial one packs more punch and I'd recommend that one for taking down larger targets, neverthelss I built me a quickie Eagle recenty. Shares many internals with my super-Sidey. I didn't want to blow too many mats on hrps's so I decided to build sort a hybrid tank with gsrp's. Looks kinda weird, but it is fun.

Alt load? Lightweight cyto + two lightweigtht rails. Gains + 50 m/s of speed due to g5 lightweight weapons.

Some good stuff in there, I’ll not be dabbling with AMFU and hull reinforcements though. Yeah drive distributors are the way to go on smaller ships.

I’m interested to see what Inertial Impact can do on short range blaster Cytos, aware of the awful jitter but would use it like a sawn-off space shotgun laser...
I didn’t realise until recently that drag drives are better on very light weight builds. Drive distributors improves optimum mass, and on 3A EPT takes it up to 67t. Below 67t your max speed and boost doesn’t change. However with drag drives minimum mass is 61t and at around 63t drag drives are faster than drive distributors. At 61t or below with drag drives that is the max speed you will get out of your class 3 EPT.

Eagle is very tough one :/ Imperial one packs more punch and I'd recommend that one for taking down larger targets, neverthelss I built me a quickie Eagle recenty. Shares many internals with my super-Sidey. I didn't want to blow too many mats on hrps's so I decided to build sort a hybrid tank with gsrp's. Looks kinda weird, but it is fun.

Alt load? Lightweight cyto + two lightweigtht rails. Gains + 50 m/s of speed due to g5 lightweight weapons.

Yeah I put together something similar with Guardian boosters but due to no PowerPlay weapons and ammo issues I focussed on all laser builds.

Tried with x3 efficient thermal vents beams, takes too long to kill even targeting modules, then tried x1 beam with x2 focussed bursts but still no joy.

I’m probably going to try Cyto and x2 Enforcers

I can share my build and experience on eagle if someone intrested. It's one target fight build (pvp or pve), but you seriusly don't care who you atack with it (rails and missiles should be mentiond earlyer simply run away if smaked more then 3 times with it) . Maybe you wouldn't get win but either it's hard to kill you too. Using with all canons because didn't get this powerplay staff i needed.

Last edited:
I’ve began running 2xC1 Rapid Fire Shock Mines, with Reverbs and 1xC1 Rapid Fire Adv. Missile Rack with Penetrator Munitions with great success.

It won’t work for the very few dedicated PVPers, but it will work for the majority of the population. Why dedicate a build for the specialized few, when you can make a build that can take on wider variety of ships.

Due to limited hull, you’ll need to work fast to destroy shield gen and disable ship through power plant malfunctions.

Most opponents will get target fixation as the Eagles hull begins to melt. This is part of baiting them into the mines. Must keep your nerves at this crucial phase, their shields generator is weaker than your overall hull.

Source: https://youtu.be/-dVrcaPr8bE

Last edited:
Top Bottom