Ships Eagle Mk II build for PvE vs large ships

Doesn’t the inertial impact make the weapon really inaccurate even if it’s fixed?

It kinda does.
For example, citoscramblers have 1.7° Jitter - yet at 600m i can put most, if not all shots, into an anaconda.
Inertial impact has 3° Jitter and the feat above is no longer possible. Yet, if you manage to keep closer, let's say under 400-450m, you will still put most of the shots in the target

The problem with small lasers and mc is they have low piercing. That versus the high hardness of large ships will make damaging the hull rather slow.

I'm coming to this thread late, but my Eagle build is a top gimbaled efficient beam with thermal vent, and two short range blasting railguns with super penetrator. I use the laser to slowly whittle down the shields (on large ships), and the rail guns for the hull and modules. It can be a lengthy engagement depending on the ship's rank, but it gets the job done.

I often fly the Eagle for combat because it's my most fun and immersive ship to fly in VR.

It kinda does.
For example, citoscramblers have 1.7° Jitter - yet at 600m i can put most, if not all shots, into an anaconda.
Inertial impact has 3° Jitter and the feat above is no longer possible. Yet, if you manage to keep closer, let's say under 400-450m, you will still put most of the shots in the target

The problem with small lasers and mc is they have low piercing. That versus the high hardness of large ships will make damaging the hull rather slow.

Focused mod gives a great boost to piercing values added with inertial impact makes them pretty decent at hull damage.

Old duck, try out the Cytoscramblers. Deals significantly more damage than size 1 beams.

Focused mod gives a great boost to piercing values added with inertial impact makes them pretty decent at hull damage.
Cytoscrambler got 1 piercing so increasing that with focused is still trivial damage. Significantly better to add corrosive in this case.

Old duck, try out the Cytoscramblers. Deals significantly more damage than size 1 beams.

Cytoscrambler got 1 piercing so increasing that with focused is still trivial damage. Significantly better to add corrosive in this case.

Ah yeah I was talking about jitter bursts. Surprisingly powerfull little weapons

Top Bottom