Early Alpha/Beta Testers

I would really like it if there was some form of early beta or alpha we could opt into maybe for ore-ordering the game or something like that.

I know this is slightly different then the rest in this section but I would really like to try it even if it’s just for a few days or something

Would be nice and cool. But I spent a pretty penny on Planet Coaster pre-alpha and alpha, and to be honest, the value just wasn’t there. The fault lies with me however as I should have done a litter more research on it. Still enjoyed myself a ton but if they do in fact do a pre-alpha/alpha/beta pay to enter I will probably do a little more research before I buy this time. (Side note, I love Planet Coaster I am simply speaking of the pre-alpha/alpha worth)

My guess is no alpha or beta.

We where testers for the engine with Planco, we where not testing the content of the game.

I guess they don't need the engine to be tested again, as it improved in the meantime.

I'd like to prefix this post by saying that I love all Fdev's games and the community.

BUT

Honestly... Alpha and Beta testing makes sense only if Frontier would be willing to actually use the data from the testers and improve the game before release.
They don't work that way.

So no. We can betatest the game after the release like always.

I could help change the developer mind if they are willing to look at example of success and see how popular and profitable it is to do so! :) Planet zoo will be a even better then what it is now and i can promise the community and developer this guarantee. ;) How? Learn from those who were successful from the experts! :) Even indie developer were having success too! It be good if frontier can go down this path with all their games cause they shown they can make popular games. Even realistic sim developer have headed down this path.:)

I wonder how many can name examples of this? Anyone knows what i am talking about? Is this the correct thread as there is not much post on it?

I could help change the developer mind if they are willing to look at example of success and see how popular and profitable it is to do so! :) Planet zoo will be a even better then what it is now and i can promise the community and developer this guarantee. ;) How? Learn from those who were successful from the experts! :) Even indie developer were having success too! It be good if frontier can go down this path with all their games cause they shown they can make popular games. Even realistic sim developer have headed down this path.:)

I wonder how many can name examples of this? Anyone knows what i am talking about? Is this the correct thread as there is not much post on it?

I would say wrong thread because I'm completely lost with your post.
edit: I'm confused.

Last edited:

I will have a gander on your questions.
"I wonder how many can name examples of this?"
Let me see, if you talking about game companies charging people for alpha and beta access to be "profitable" head on over to steam and all the games that give you the ability to buy into early access. Do I think that is a right thing to do? Depends on the game. But I see this being abused.
"Is this the correct thread as there is not much post on it?"
Maybe, are you talking about access to alpha and beta? If that is the case yes.

Top Bottom