Earn up to 24p Per Week with ARX

If you were wondering, now you can work out how long it will take to get that set of fluffy dice :)

EDIT: Adding the important information from FDEV

Hello everyone,

Firstly, thank you for all of the feedback you have shared so far!

We’ve been looking through your comments and wanted to provide some clarity on some topics of discussion:

ARX PACKS

It seems there has been some confusion regarding the number of ARX in a pack, specifically if that bonus is included in or added to the displayed amount.

The bonus is always added on top of the base ARX in a pack. We've added the Total ARX included in each pack for you here:
  • 5000 ARX Pack
  • 8,400 ARX Pack (+420 bonus) = 8,820 total ARX
  • 16,800 ARX Pack (+900 bonus) = 17,700 total ARX
  • 25,500 ARX Pack (+1,300 bonus) = 26,800 total ARX
  • 51,000 ARX Pack (+3,000 bonus) = 54,000 total ARX
  • 85,000 ARX Pack (+15,000 bonus) = 100,000 total ARX
GAME EXTRA PRICES

Some of you have understandably requested some context in the form of prices of Game Extras in ARX, so that you can get an idea of your spending power, and how much your weekly free ARX will net you. We’ve provided a list of item types below and the range of prices they will cost in ARX. There are too many products to give you an exhaustive list of prices here, but to give you some idea, here are some examples of products and price ranges:

You can expect these prices for the following item types:
  • Decals - 50 to 150 ARX
  • Individual Fighter and SRV Paint Jobs - 460 to 3280 ARX
  • Individual Ship Paint Jobs - 620 to 5,520 ARX
  • Individual Bobbleheads – 2,450 to 6,450 ARX
  • COVAS – 8,850 ARX
  • Ship Kits (sold in Bundles) – 11,750 to 13,520 ARX
As mentioned by Executive Producer Adam Woods on the livestream, some Game Extras will only be available in bundles, such as Ship Kits and Holo-Me Customisation items.

EARNING ARX WHILE PLAYING

A key pillar of ARX is the ability to earn Game Extras over time through gameplay, which has previously not been possible. When earning free ARX, every Commander will be able to quickly spend them on a variety of items or save them for later purchases.
  • We don’t want to alter the way you play Elite Dangerous; we’ve looked at common in-game actions across all the main careers or activities (such as Exploration, Trade and Combat) and ensured that those actions provide a number of ARX.
  • By simply engaging with those activities, as you would normally (such as exploring a new system, hauling cargo or destroying other ships), you will receive a number of ARX.
  • Being in-game but inactive will not reward you with ARX. It isn’t based on time spent in-game, but on the actions you take.
FRONTIER STORE DOWNTIME
  • To clari

o7

Last edited:
I got a screen of how much was earnt in Adam's session:

so based off an hour's gameplay he made 9 from exploration and 3 from other

DANGER WILL ROBINSON! DANGER!

waves arms
Bounty-Hunting in HazRes and shopping for crewmen with funny names are both "activities".

This can be used as a metric to adjust rewards to certain activities with a different metric. While it makes no sense to reward somebody directly with additional credits for, say, hosting Multi-Crews, having a meta-currency like this can be applied using logic based on the "good for the game" metric.

Roughly out of my head and using the current prices it'l take you about ten weeks to earn a free paint, if you manage to reach the cap of 400arx per week that is.
Maybe they'll lower the prices though,........hmmmpf naaah.

I guess the 400/week cap is a simple way to avoid players exploiting this new mechanism. As a regular player who doesn't habitually buy cosmetics I see only positives in this, I can now get a few little bits & bobs for free where previously I simply went without, and anyone still feeling like they want to subsidise Frontier can just buy points regularly.

So we get a few free paints per year. Can't wait for the 100+ pages of outrage. :)
It is mystifying that people are literally getting free stuff and complaining about it.

Like, folks could have kept playing the game and not just gotten free cosmetics. And paired with this is the change that individual paint jobs can be purchased, which is excellent.

Earning a ship kit in 42 weeks is faster than never earning it at all.

Top Bottom