Earth Visit - Well nearly....

Arrived in the system and... it's madness! The first attempt I lost my unprotected exploration Anaconda to someone - I wasn't firing back, what was the point? Anyway, went back in a more appropriate ship and there is an interesting open gameplay scenario 'can you reach the Abraham Lincoln and dock?'. Well, I lasted through 4 fights (they never stop coming at you!). I then had to hyperspace out as my shield generator was at 11%. But I nearly got there! - I'll be coming back lads...

LOL thats the spirit man, have some REP.
This silly PvP thing can be a pain ... sometimes.
I hardly see anyone around A. L. normally, where do you life?

S

What?? There's a party in the Sol system?

Maybe I'll take Herbie the Sidey over and try for another selfie! :D

cKPV0RK.jpg

I was on the xbox. I don't know if my timing was just unlucky or not - but, there was no way I could slow down at 7 secs and get within the zone without being interdicted. I'm going to try it again now - so if you're around you're welcome to wing up...

I've always found Sol to be a very toxic place on Xbox. Same with Deciat. They just start shooting straight away. Sometimes they nearly manage to kill me before I can quit to dashboard. ;)

Buts that's only if I forget to change to solo before going there.

Arrived in the system and... it's madness! The first attempt I lost my unprotected exploration Anaconda to someone - I wasn't firing back, what was the point? Anyway, went back in a more appropriate ship and there is an interesting open gameplay scenario 'can you reach the Abraham Lincoln and dock?'. Well, I lasted through 4 fights (they never stop coming at you!). I then had to hyperspace out as my shield generator was at 11%. But I nearly got there! - I'll be coming back lads...

While reading your post I was at "(...) I wasn't firing back" and thought to myself "hmmm, maybe that's why he got killed in 1st place, the rest will be another rant about griefers, well nothing for me here, let's move on...". Then got to the part "Anyway, went back in a more appropriate ship (...)" HELL YEAH!!!!! That's my boy! :D

Pure fun reading such posts Commader. I salute you!!! o7

How strange, I was sure Earth (well all of the Sol System) would be heavily protected and actions like the OP described would not be tolerated. Guess the Earth Defence Force or whatever it is called isn't that keen on looking after it's own territory, heck they even have a Sky Marshall in charge. Guess they are too busy creating plans for colonisation :D

OP, well done in persevering, you won in the end!

I wouldnt say I won. Initially they attacked an unarmed man with no cargo in a ship built for DW2 - obviously I was going back, they didn’t have the right moral code. I didn’t go back in one of the big 3 or even a Krait, that would be a bit like arriving for a fight in a Ford Focus. But it was a better ship than the first - and yes the Feds were there after a while, I wouldn’t have got through 4 fights on the bounce without some help.

Bottom line, I didn’t manage to get through them - each time you’re put back at the 7 sec run in and my shield gen module strength was at 11% so I had to go back home on the fifth interdiction. I put in another mod reinforcement and went back later but they weren’t around and I just sailed straight in to AL - I don’t see that as a victory. However, it’s not over! I’ll be popping back it’s a good challenge :)

I wouldnt say I won. Initially they attacked an unarmed man with no cargo in a ship built for DW2 - obviously I was going back, they didn’t have the right moral code. I didn’t go back in one of the big 3 or even a Krait, that would be a bit like arriving for a fight in a Ford Focus. But it was a better ship than the first - and yes the Feds were there after a while, I wouldn’t have got through 4 fights on the bounce without some help.

Bottom line, I didn’t manage to get through them - each time you’re put back at the 7 sec run in and my shield gen module strength was at 11% so I had to go back home on the fifth interdiction. I put in another mod reinforcement and went back later but they weren’t around and I just sailed straight in to AL - I don’t see that as a victory. However, it’s not over! I’ll be popping back it’s a good challenge :)

Whut?!? You are using other players for your amusement?!? Think of those poor gankers living off the frustrations of others! They will starve!

I've always found Sol to be a very toxic place on Xbox. Same with Deciat. They just start shooting straight away. Sometimes they nearly manage to kill me before I can quit to dashboard. ;)

Buts that's only if I forget to change to solo before going there.

Same here...

Though I admit last time i went I was flying an unarmed but reasonably well shielded cutter and they seemed to object to having a mostly harmless duke on their patch...

Some people can be so touchy!

Top Bottom