• Good news Guest, we've updated our reporting system to make it easier for you to report issues to us!

Head over to https://issues.frontierstore.net/ to report, vote, and give feedback on the issues that matter most to you!

Easy Increase In Scenery Rating

Severity
Moderate

Frequency
All of the time (100% reproducible)

Area of Game Affected
Scenery

Description
The glitch allows you to quickly increase park rating and queue path rating if money isn't a problem to you, in a tiny area. This means you can increase the park rating in an illegitimate manner which is unfair and can mean easy mission completion.

Steps to Reproduce
1. Place many props inside each other (preferably cheap scenery props)
2. Once you have about 20, create a blueprint of that whole stack.
3. Spam the stack again inside each other until you have about 600+ props sacked.
4. Place 1 beside a queue path or multiple outside of the park's main area and your park rating will easily increase.

(Images here: http://imgur.com/a/SqRr1)

This seems like more of a cheat than a bug. Since the game counts the amount of objects and ads up there percentage rating, copying the same item placed in itself 600 times is no different than creating a great looking 600-piece building and copying that around your park. I don't see how the programmers can change that, unless they want to make the algorithms very complicated.

A guide to scenery ratings (and the cheat you described) can be found here: https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/18133-Complete-guide-to-gaming-the-scenary-rating-system

That's true. The developers could limit the use of a single prop in a specific vicinity, maybe 5 of the same props per 5M to stop people using this to their advantage and being lazy. This would probably make the game a little more rewarding for the players who enjoy decorating their stuff (like me [big grin]) and it could make it more realistic in a way. Nonetheless, great game and I'm loving every bit of it.

No limits please, there's been much conversation on this subject on various forums. Any limiting you do will limit creativity and put appeal or appreciation into the computers hands. No thanks.

Pretty much any limiting can be overcome by the next clever person. I like they way it does the scenery now and really don't want to see a change, it's a pretty good balance of getting you to decorate without restricting what that means.

They could limit how many items of the same kind actually count for the scenery rating of a line/coaster, but then how about rock works and foliage or the 4 meter wall of a specific type that you use to make a huge station/queue building...? All-in-all, they just chose the easy way (the right choice for me), and people who don't want anything to do with scenery and decorating a park can use the 'cheat'. However, these persons may have bought the wrong game...

But why should they? If you think placing decoration and props in a still beautyful way but really near to each other ( massive flower arrangements combined with bushes for example... i do this a lot and add stones and things to it...) are a bug or cheating... The whole Steam Workshop should be locked down because if you use it, you're literally cheating creative people.

Description
The glitch allows you to quickly increase park rating and queue path rating if money isn't a problem to you, in a tiny area. This means you can increase the park rating in an illegitimate manner which is unfair and can mean easy mission completion.
You simply can download massive buildings and decoartions or even whole stations for you rides and decorate your park without even investing one second in creativitiy. This is unfair against creative people, don't you think? But who cares? Some people are creative and some play the game in a different way and enjoy the creativity of others. Planet Coaster is not about competition. If you have fun with the game the way you play it... it's great. If you feel cheated because you decorate with heart and some decorate mechanically you can't blame others. I for my part enjoy the creative part but sometimes I use blueprints of buildings.

Regarding the uploaded images... Well if you personally like the stile. I don't like it and won't use this kind of arrangement. But some don't care about creativity and only want to build a park. Why should you blame their playstile? For example... You can rotate signs and other 2d props on the spot and create a really cool 3d effekt. that wouldn't be possible if you only could place some items on the same spot.

So no.... The system does not need a change in my opinion.

Last edited:

QA-Mark

Frontier QA Team
Staff member
This isn't a bug, and it's up to the player as to how they wish to play the game!

It probably won't create the most aesthetic parks, though!