ED Graphical Improvement with Reshade Injector 2.0.3.f by Moiker.

Suggestion: Have "BEFORE" (Stock) and "AFTER" (Your mod) pics side by side in the original post.
(another comment suggested a video)

Right, check out the comparison below:

Fig 1 - Vanilla:
2016-07-26_20-42-04.jpg

Fig 1 - Reshade:
2016-07-26_20-42-18.jpg

Fig 2 - Vanilla:
2016-07-26_20-43-44.jpg

Fig 2 - Reshade:
2016-07-26_20-44-01.jpg

Last edited:
I was wondering if there was an easy way for me to disable the DOF effects. I have a surround monitor setup and the DOF kind of interferes with that.

I was wondering if there was an easy way for me to disable the DOF effects. I have a surround monitor setup and the DOF kind of interferes with that.

Hello @Farinhir
Yes you can disable any effect, just follow this steps bellow, it's really simple:

1-To turn on/off any effect go to:
Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\ReShade\Presets

2-The effects are separated by author, DOF for example is MartyMcFly, so open the file below with your notepad:
Shaders_by_ MartyMcFly.CFG

3-Now search for this line in the CFG file:
#define USE_DEPTHOFFIELD 1 //[DOF] //-

4-Now set the effect to zero (0) to turn off, should look like this:
#define USE_DEPTHOFFIELD 0 //[DOF] //-

So the basic idea is that zero is off, one its on, in this first line, in subsequent lines you control the parameters of the effect.

Last edited:
Hi Moiker.

I love your mod but am having one issue. When looking at my left or right panel, the highlighted options is too bright to read it and makes the others near it quite difficult to read.

Which preset/setting should i modify to reduce this effect? My HUD color is set to a green, almost neon green. I'd like to avoid changing this color if possible.

Hello @Farinhir
Yes you can disable any effect, just follow this steps bellow, it's really simple:

1-To turn on/off any effect go to:
Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-64\ReShade\Presets

2-The effects are separated by author, DOF for example is MartyMcFly, so open the file below with your notepad:
Shaders_by_ MartyMcFly.CFG

3-Now search for this line in the CFG file:
#define USE_DEPTHOFFIELD 1 //[DOF] //-

4-Now set the effect to zero (0) to turn off, should look like this:
#define USE_DEPTHOFFIELD 0 //[DOF] //-

So the basic idea is that zero is off, one its on, in this first line, in subsequent lines you control the parameters of the effect.

Moiker
This looks really good been reading up trying to figure out what the processes do, to the game
Mediator gives some information but how they affect a game , is something I'm still learning , wanting to know

I'm only posting this , as an example , of what I have now... to ask ( and others too see ) how different your approach is

Been using EDFX 2.5.0.6 Deep Space Feeling Performance Black Edition ... Ive set the Technicolour to LOW
running game in Ultra/high with a GTX 980 1920x1080

Ive no idea what these setting actually change in game
The EDFX interface , is something I like also

http://imgur.com/9uPENw3
http://imgur.com/eiRu5oa

Light rays coming out of the Star image, bug me a bit , not sure what settings does that

All the FX stuff is very good and me been the end user really appreciates the hard work , that goes into making ED look better.

Now to figure out Which FX too use choices choices

Last edited:
Hi Moiker.

I love your mod but am having one issue. When looking at my left or right panel, the highlighted options is too bright to read it and makes the others near it quite difficult to read.

Which preset/setting should i modify to reduce this effect? My HUD color is set to a green, almost neon green. I'd like to avoid changing this color if possible.

Hello Oorcuss,
All right, to change the intensity of the light You can try to change some parameters in Ambient Light and Bloom (both Ganossa).

1- Ambience Light:
Raise the alThreshold will make a only a very brighter light source and also reflected light triggers the effect.
Lower alIntensity will lower the base intensity of the effect.

2-Bloom:
Raise fBloomThreshold will make a only a very brighter light source and also reflected light triggers the effect.
Lower fBloomAmount will lower the intensity of the bloom of this effect.

OBS: tweak first alThreshold, change to something like 90.00, this may be the cause of your issue.

Hope this Helps.

Last edited:
Setting the first value under alThreshhold to 90(from 16) seems to have worked. Next issue I have is with DoF. When looking at my menu, it seems the DoF effect renders as if the window behind my menui is influencing it. Anyu reccomendations here. I attached a screenshot for clarity.

5D4FB27DF91CBDC18C315DD309FAB1BFFC7B165C

Notice the blurred text following the "footprint" of the window. Is there a way to set maybe the minimum distance DoF can be applied to?

Hello Oorcuss,
All right, to change the intensity of the light You can try to change some parameters in Ambient Light and Bloom (both Ganossa).

1- Ambience Light:
Raise the alThreshold will make a only a very brighter light source and also reflected light triggers the effect.
Lower alIntensity will lower the base intensity of the effect.

2-Bloom:
Raise fBloomThreshold will make a only a very brighter light source and also reflected light triggers the effect.
Lower fBloomAmount will lower the intensity of the bloom of this effect.

OBS: tweak first alThreshold, change to something like 90.00, this may be the cause of your issue.

Hope this Helps.

Setting the first value under alThreshhold to 90(from 16) seems to have worked. Next issue I have is with DoF. When looking at my menu, it seems the DoF effect renders as if the window behind my menui is influencing it. Anyu reccomendations here. I attached a screenshot for clarity.

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...801/5D4FB27DF91CBDC18C315DD309FAB1BFFC7B165C/
Notice the blurred text following the "footprint" of the window. Is there a way to set maybe the minimum distance DoF can be applied to?

Hello again Oorcuss,

About the DOF we already discussed this problem here and unfortunately there's nothing I can do about right now. That's because Reshade do not recognize those UI panels in cockpit, so they simply are invisible to the Algorithm that controls the Depth Buffer in Reshade. I recommend to disable DOF if you can't get used to this issue.

# I already tried to fix before, quite a lot, no success until now.

Sorry.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response Moiker. I saw the discussion further up the thread but wasn't sure if you had made any progress.

I have zero experience with this stuff, just some basic coding knowledge. Can you perhaps explain how the shader determines the distance an object is from the camera?

Just bouncing ideas around in my head. Maybe there is a filter that can be applied post DoF effect that removes the effect on the lower half of the screen(where most of the cockpit menus are). This would work but would leave a visible line where the DoF effect was on and off. Maybe use some kind of interpolation between the full "on" value and "off" value over a percentage of screen space to blur this visible boundary?

Just throwing ideas around.

Hello again Oorcuss,

About the DOF we already discussed this problem here and unfortunately there's nothing I can do about right now. That's because Reshade do not recognize those UI panels in cockpit, so they simply are invisible to the Algorithm that controls the Depth Buffer in Reshade. I recommend to disable DOF if you can't get used to this issue.

# I already tried to fix before, quite a lot, no success until now.

Sorry.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response Moiker. I saw the discussion further up the thread but wasn't sure if you had made any progress.

I have zero experience with this stuff, just some basic coding knowledge. Can you perhaps explain how the shader determines the distance an object is from the camera?

Just bouncing ideas around in my head. Maybe there is a filter that can be applied post DoF effect that removes the effect on the lower half of the screen(where most of the cockpit menus are). This would work but would leave a visible line where the DoF effect was on and off. Maybe use some kind of interpolation between the full "on" value and "off" value over a percentage of screen space to blur this visible boundary?

Just throwing ideas around.

All right maybe you can help to solve this, I appreciate your efforts.

The DOF effect have some basic parameter setting, take a look, and if you want to tweak, first the basics:
1) Before you start tweak this, just to clarify, without the autofocus enable (AUTOFOCUS), you can setup a infinite focus distance (INFINITEFOCUS) and a manual focus distance (MANUALFOCUSDEPTH), those two settings will define focal plane and what objects (to far or to close) gets blurred or not. Besides you can setup the settings bellow, they also are relevant:

2) More basic parameters:
#define DOF_METHOD 4 - Here the best one is Marty McFly Advanced DOF (5), I had to setup the Matso method only to minimize the UI panels issue.

#define DOF_AUTOFOCUS 1 //[0:1] - Autofocus makes the DOF became focused, changing as the camera moves toward any direction, better enable this one to have a nice looking effect.

#define DOF_FOCUSRADIUS 0.02 //[0.02:0.20] -Radius of samples around the focus point.

#define DOF_NEARBLURCURVE 10.0 //[0.50:1000.00] - This may fix the problem, because change the amount of blur closer than focal plane. Higher means less blur.

#define DOF_FARBLURCURVE 1.0 //[0.05:5.00] - This I think only deal with far objects, because change the amount of blur behind the focal plane. Curve of blur behind focal plane. Higher means less blur.

#define DOF_BLURRADIUS 2.0 //[2.0:100.0] -This change the amount of blur , high values , more blur.

Tips:
*** To set up every parameter, always the first number is the amount or enable/disable (after #define DOF_parameter number) and the other numbers inside brackets are the range.
**** Also, each type of method has a fine setup.

Thanks !!![yesnod]

Uninstall
Just delete the zip package content from the games directories.
I know this is for version 1.3.7 but need help, these uninstall instructions are useless for 3.0.3. The 7z zip package from the link contains two files...

ED2016v2.ini
ReShade_Setup_3.0.3.exe

Neither of these two files exist in the ED folder. When I use a 7Zip to open the ReShade_Setup_3.0.3.exe none of the files found inside that are in the ED folder either. Wound like to uninstall reshade without having to remove the whole game and reinstall ED. Appreciate any help.

EDIT: Forget it, using validate game files from the ED launcher removed the unwanted files from the game folder.

Last edited:
Top Bottom