Community Event / Creation ED-Panel Inserts for Thrustmaster Cougar Pack MFDs

I have been using your MFD design and it's excellent.
Had it in B&W for a long time. Today printed in color. Can't wait to put it on.

Thank you.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
@NC Sarge: Would it be possible to add a "Enable Hyper-Drive" icon for the button at the right hand side of the top row (next to "Deploy Heatsink")? I have "Enable ShiftDrv" and "Enable Hyper-Drive" assigned to different key-combinations ("J" and "CTRL-J" respectively) to avoid mixups. I already use this MFD button for the hyper-drive but would appreciate an icon for it.

For anyone in the US following this thread - Best Buy Online has these on sale for $74 with free shipping to a local store for pickup. I just ordered mine today :)

Hello everybody,

NOOBY ALERT !!!
I cannot print out the PDF ( MFD Layout - first post in this thread ).... is this PDF secured ?
Thanks for help in advance :)

greets

@Jaydee: I really don't know what could be your problem. It's just a PDF. I can download it and print it via Adobe Reader without any problems... No protection.

Daft question: do you need to run them as a pair, or could you buy a set and install one on one PC and the second on another machine entirely?

This is the MFD I've been working on and revised over many weeks. I've mainly tried to limit the functions not mapped to my HOTAS. As you can see it is heavily influenced by the great work done by NC Sarge for which I give thanks and rep. [yesnod]

i6NPvHB.png

I have deliberately left out a centre graphic for others to add their preferred picture/logo etc.

I also think the Thrustmaster MFD option is ultimately a better solution than the Roccat Power-Grid software because having real buttons gives you a touch response. The ideal situation would be to have some external 2nd screen display mapped to an in game feature or UI. I hope FDev permit some kind of API access or UI export to a borderless window in the future.

Last edited:
On a slightly different tack, I've just ordered one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KUJ1F8Q - an 11.6" widescreen monitor - which should accommodate both MFDs side-by-side.

.... now, the "only" thing to do is to start to put together the program that's going to drive the images that I want to put in the middle of the panels.... :)

In order to skip having to do my own program, I bought a couple of cheap US$49 android tablets so I could load them up with LEA Extended Input, so the MDFs are now functional touchscreen controllers too. Of course, MDF buttons are rendered obsolete by touchscreens (providing the touchscreens have bumps so you can still operate them without looking at them) so it's a slightly aesthetically-awkward UI to be enabling a oldschool technology via a newer technology that should really replace it entirely, but it looks cool and it works and that's what counts :D

Last edited:
On a slightly different tack, I've just ordered one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KUJ1F8Q - an 11.6" widescreen monitor - which should accommodate both MFDs side-by-side.

.... now, the "only" thing to do is to start to put together the program that's going to drive the images that I want to put in the middle of the panels.... :)

Please keep us updated on whether they fit the screen Robert and I'll grab one. Looking to do the same thing for DCS as well as Elite.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Please keep us updated on whether they fit the screen Robert and I'll grab one. Looking to do the same thing for DCS as well as Elite.

They do fit - when I get the chance to mock them up, I'll post an image of them in place. I did a test fit image mock-up:

XVrNjhI.png

Superb Robert :)
That's one half of my Christmas present sorted! I was thinking of just making up several full screen PNG's with different backgrounds to fit the MFD's with all the button functions marked (as per the TM cards) and just rotate as a slideshow. It'd be wornderful if FD would let us export displays like DCS but let's get the game finished first :D

Top Bottom