EDABC - Astronomical Body Counter

Hello Commanders,

If anyone was interested in an exploration tool that helps keep track of the number of astronomical bodies that you've scanned, then you can find one here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hgrk6oa3h0mnqei/AACXBfvtIMF7HyNT0Tz7mayza?dl=0

Yes, there's now another one... If you're happy using the excellent Captain's Log or ExplOCR, then save time and read no further ;). Otherwise...:

This is something I produced, not really intending to release, but put out there anyway. The program, EDABC, reads through the ED screenshot directory and works out using OCR what the targetted body was - and keeps a count of them. Basically take a screenshot (of the main screen), with your scanned planet / moon / star targetted and run the program later.

Did I mention you would need to compile the program from source ? Ah, well instructions on how to do that are given in the readme. (It's written in Java). Oh and you'd need to download tesseract to use it as well. (Again instructions are included - well, actually just a link is provided...).
Basically I was using this to help keep track of things for Dognosh's Exploration List. It worked quite well for me, so I thought I'd share it.

To be honest I don't really intend to support it that much... Hence I recommend using Captain's Log or ExplOCR instead !

Eminor out

Top Bottom