[CLOSED] EDDB - a site about systems, stations, commodities and trade routes in Elite: Dangerous.

Is it somehow possible to download a CSV or mysql dump of the celestial bodies (that's probably the file that has been removed)? I would like to be able to select bodies ordered by their material content and between N and M lightyears away from a reference system. (Once you have the data, it's a simple query, and I understand that it may not necessarily be desireable as a feature because virtually unlimited queries like this may burden the server undesirably, so I'd rather download and run queries like that locally (or perhaps publish my own web page so anyone could use it).)

And is there a way to provide data for players on xbox?

G'day, and, even though I'm a long-time user, I don't think I've expressed my thanks for this most awesome tool for the Elite Dangerous community before.

So thank you to all contributors and keep up the great work.

I had a question regarding whether EDDB updates market information, as in commodities, not just prices, but it seems that it, eventually, does (I just checked). How long does it take to update when new data is uploaded via EDMC?

How long does it take to update when new data is uploaded via EDMC?
Depends on the cache system of the browser your using and ISP cache servers
The update is Seconds after EDMC and EDDN is updated from the upload...
Your browser and ISP have more say in if the page goes live to you than the site does...

So looking over the content on the home page, it says to connect a navigation program (I'm using EDDiscovery) and i have syncing enabled for EDSM and Inara but the systems I visit and scan aren't showing up. Example SKAUDE CM-L C24-0. Any thoughts on what I might be missing?

So looking over the content on the home page, it says to connect a navigation program (I'm using EDDiscovery) and i have syncing enabled for EDSM and Inara but the systems I visit and scan aren't showing up. Example SKAUDE CM-L C24-0. Any thoughts on what I might be missing?
are you talking about eddb - eddb.io? (as this thread is about that)

are you talking about eddb - eddb.io? (as this thread is about that)
Yep, so if you go to eddb.io, near the bottom of the page it includes information about where the information comes from. I've got my syncing enabled with EDDB, but the systems i visit and scan are not showing up on eddb.io. Trying to figure out what might be happening.

Where does the data on EDDB come from?

The data which can be found on EDDB is 100% community generated. There is no regular data dump from Frontier. Systems, stations, commodity prices, outfitting or shipyard information - all this information is 100% coming from the actual player base.
How can you help keeping the data on EDDB up to date?

Short answer: Use a program like EDMC while playing the game, and every time you visit a system or a station, EDDB is being updated with the latest data.
Long answer: Not only EDDB but most of the Elite community websites are connected to a realtime data network called EDDN. The basic idea is that players use an EDDN client while playing the game and for instance if the player docks on a station, the latest station information is being transmitted to the EDDN network. Every website which supports EDDN gets those updates immediately. There are many client programs, offering different kinds of functionality. However, one simple to use client is EDMC, so I recommend this one for starters.

If you have EDDN send one (default) in your commander, it will send data. You can see it in the log. If you have CAPI on it will send on dock as well.

Oh yeah I'm using EDDiscovery. It's been doing great so far. Just the content doesn't seem to be reflected on eddb.io. Not sure if there is a lag between uploads and when it's on the site.
Ahh okay. That makes sense. Yeah i was trying to use those systems as a reference system to find nearby space stations :). That makes sense that it doesn't list uninhabited systems though. Explains a lot :). Appreciate the info. Thanks CMDR.

Last edited:
Screenshot_2021-05-22 Multi Hop Trade Route Finder - EDDB.png

Hi, if anyone from eddb reads this, can i strongly recommend/ask that ye add a new filter to the Find Commodity tool whether to display Odyssey stations or not, as the lack of such a filter had me very confused (and i'm sure several others) tonight 🤔😂 .

You can read my little anicdote on the Mahon CG page just now 😃🤘 .

Either I am not using your tools right or somethings wrong with the Data your tool gets, cause everytime I use a Route "recommended" by your tool, it seems to show 30% more Profit than I actually make. I get then the Price cant be 100% accruate but 200k Profit on a trip where your Tool shows 2million is a bit odd

Either I am not using your tools right or somethings wrong with the Data your tool gets, cause everytime I use a Route "recommended" by your tool, it seems to show 30% more Profit than I actually make. I get then the Price cant be 100% accruate but 200k Profit on a trip where your Tool shows 2million is a bit odd
Do you have any NPC pilots employed? Because they take a flat percentage cut of all your earnings (amount varies according to their rank when you hired them & their rank now) for as long as you have them employed.

Top Bottom