Eddb.io market prices don't match Xbox

I believe this is a recent development, but I am really not certain of that.

When I search for markets to sell commodities or use the route planner none of the prices in the game on Xbox match what eddb.io is showing.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

I am in the area around Colonia.

Last edited:
I believe this is a recent development, but I am really not certain of that.

When I search for markets to sell commodities or use the route planner none of the prices in the game on Xbox match what eddb.io is showing.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

I am in the area around Colonia.
If the total amount of your cargo is less than 10Xs the demand of the station it will dramatically cut down your selling price.

Ex. If you have 200 items that's supposed to sell for 100K but the station your at has a demand of 1,500 you wont get the the full price. It has to be at least 2,000 of your cargo is 200. There is I believe a 15 or 20% wiggle room though so you might get away with 1,850 or so. My point being payable attention to the demand as much as the price

You should also keep in mind that the prices on EDDB (and Inara) are not realtime. They rely on crowdsourced data from players, and the websites only update when a player running the correct plugin docks at the station.

In systems with low player traffic the info could be hours or days old.

As @Sensei Jacksama said, prices also crash when the demand dries up. So if you see a price listed on EDDB, other users may have already flocked there and flooded the market.

Lately I’ve been relying less on third party tools and more on the galaxy map’s commodity info. It’s tricky, but I’ve already scooped Inara a few times.

Now that the diamond rush is over as of the last patch this issue is not as prominent.

For a while there it was really crazy.

Thanks for the help.

Now that the diamond rush is over as of the last patch this issue is not as prominent.

For a while there it was really crazy.

Thanks for the help.
Dont put those mining missiles up yet. They haven't patched it out yet. It says so in the patch notes but for some reason it wasn't implemented into the update. I've been out there all week.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: ick
Top Bottom