Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

I haven't had that issue yet, but if it does pop up, how do I check if I'm using the revised default script? I just let EDDI auto update and haven't encountered any errors yet.

THX
If the Reset button is greyed out when you're viewing the list of scripts in the Speech Responder then the script matches the default. If the Reset button is active, the script differs from the default. If the button is active and labeled as Delete rather than Reset then there is no match for that script within the included default personality.

Are you using the revised default script?
Ahhh ... NO. Did not realise my old custom personality script would cause that "Error with Signal Detected Script". Switched to your new default script and all good now. And I notice there are lots of new voice reports in there as well. Very nice, well done !
Created a copy and proceeding to make my own custom modifications, like before. Thanks for your advice.

I was getting the 'exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation' error prior to updating to EDDI 3.7.1-b1, it would go away though if I restarted Voiceattack. Now I have updated I am getting the error 'object reference not set to an instance of an object' on a few different scripts. I have noticed it on the 'FSD Engaged' script, the Discovery scan script and the system status script but I am just out exploring at the minute. Restarting Voiceattack and Elite Dangerous makes no difference now.

As I saw what had been said above I have deleted my profile and gone back to to the default to see if that fixed it but it hasn't made any difference.

I was getting the 'exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation' error prior to updating to EDDI 3.7.1-b1, it would go away though if I restarted Voiceattack. Now I have updated I am getting the error 'object reference not set to an instance of an object' on a few different scripts. I have noticed it on the 'FSD Engaged' script, the Discovery scan script and the system status script but I am just out exploring at the minute. Restarting Voiceattack and Elite Dangerous makes no difference now.

As I saw what had been said above I have deleted my profile and gone back to to the default to see if that fixed it but it hasn't made any difference.
First, if you're not using the default scripts then please switch to the default scripts and test if the default scripts still throw the same errors. If they do, please submit a ticket at https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues/new/ and attach a copy of your .log files from %appdata%/EDDI so that we can review.

I've actually just figured out what the problem was myself after looking at the log files. I hadn't put anything in as a 'Home' system in the EDDI CMDR details screen. I don't really have a Home system now so I left it blank. It seems this is what was causing the error. I have entered a Home system and now it's working as intended again.

So if anyone else has the issue check that you have entered something for your home system in the EDDI CMDR details.

I've actually just figured out what the problem was myself after looking at the log files. I hadn't put anything in as a 'Home' system in the EDDI CMDR details screen. I don't really have a Home system now so I left it blank. It seems this is what was causing the error. I have entered a Home system and now it's working as intended again.

So if anyone else has the issue check that you have entered something for your home system in the EDDI CMDR details.
Yep, looks like an issue that can occur if a home star system is not selected. Fixed for the next release. o7

[B]T'kael[/B] - If you recall back on page 95 I'd reported and worked on an issue whereby EDDI would open in the lower right hand quadrant of the screen regardless if I'd closed in while minimized on the task bar. Its been working as expected until I installed this last beta 3.7.1_b1

[B]T'kael[/B] - If you recall back on page 95 I'd reported and worked on an issue whereby EDDI would open in the lower right hand quadrant of the screen regardless if I'd closed in while minimized on the task bar. Its been working as expected until I installed this last beta 3.7.1_b1
Noted. Unfortunately, window positioning isn't an area where we've made any recent changes and when I test this I don't observe the same behavior. I believe @VerticalBlank raised some theories (documented at https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues/1878) when this issue was first raised.

Another shoutout to you crazy EDDI people. Do you know how useful the message received command is? This is my first try but I am sure there are many other automation possibilities uses due to NPC messages. Thanks to you guys, I fixed my wonky auto dock command in an afternoon :)

Code:
    Execute command, 'Set Speed To 0% - bindED' (and wait until it completes)
    Execute command, 'Ship FSD to Supercruise - bindED' (and wait until it completes)
    Pause 5 seconds
    Set text [{TXT:EDDI message received message}] to ''
    Execute command, 'Set Speed To 50% - bindED' (and wait until it completes)
    Start Loop While : [{TXT:EDDI message received message}] Does Not Equal 'No fire zone entered.'
        Pause 0.5 seconds
        Begin Text Compare : [{TXT:EDDI message received message}] Equals 'No fire zone entered.'
            Execute command, 'Request dock; request docking; docking request' (and wait until it completes)
            Pause 0.5 seconds
            Execute command, 'Set Speed To 0% - bindED' (and wait until it completes)
            Loop Break
        End Condition - Exit when condition met
    End Loop

Last edited:
12:27:05.853 Unable to fully initialize EDDI. Some functions may not work.

This is the issue I am having

Tried removing all the files from appdata and also tried the beta?

Any ideas?

12:27:05.853 Unable to fully initialize EDDI. Some functions may not work.

This is the issue I am having

Tried removing all the files from appdata and also tried the beta?

Any ideas?

A little vague, but sounds like an uninstall and wipe directory data and then do a clean install of the recent beta. I've been using the beta since it came out and do not see any problems so far.

HTH

A little vague, but sounds like an uninstall and wipe directory data and then do a clean install of the recent beta. I've been using the beta since it came out and do not see any problems so far.

HTH
An exception apparently occurred while launching the VoiceAttack plugin. Cleaning the install directory and re-installing might work.
If not, you can open a ticket here and share your recent .log files from the %appdata%/EDDI configuration directory and we'll do our best to pinpoint the issue.

Could it be because of steam VA?

Also, one user installed everything into the default directories and apparently it worked fine.

Again, I don't use Steam so I haven't tested either setup using ED/Steam installation, but from what I've seen it should work either way as long as you're consistent installing EDDI to the VA/Apps folder whether its in a Steam sub-directory or in it's own default directory.

Top Bottom