Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

I know ... which is why it would be easier if there was an option to uncheck all the checkboxes and then I can check the few I do want active.
In that case please could you expand on your use case? I'm unclear why you would want to disable all the scripts while keeping the plugin enabled.

Edit: ah, so you want all off and then just enable a few of them. OK. That is doable and there is fairly established UI for it.

Maybe some kind of "CTRL+Click" on any box checks or unchecks all, and a small text note describing that function? That's a familiar means to expand or collapse all categories in the VoiceAttack commands UI. W/E you guys do would be awesome! I fully agree that lists of checkboxes in a UI with no means to check/uncheck all for quickly adding only a couple 'checked' can be painful, the longer the list is the worse it is. Got a web panel for all the servers we run at VG, each time I have to add a new user, I get the joy of manually unchecking around 20 boxes of various permissions for any server I assign them to, only to add back the one or two checkboxes I want them to have (start/stop/restart, update). Totally feel for UseLessUK here ;)

Would be a great addition to EDDI UI if you all are able.

Hello EDDI team, I was reading up on this: https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues/349

Do we have panel tab numbers and names now since 2018 or still no? I asked because a fellow CMDR reported that the HCS packs can handle manual quit out of the panels at whatever tab and still gets the tab correct afterwards without calibration. Thanks.
We do not have panel numbers, just the gui_focus properties you see in the status object. (https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/wiki/Variables#status). HCS can use this to know if you've quit out of a panel but not if you've manually advanced to a different panel number.

I don't follow HCS developments, but as far as I'm aware
1. Panels are reset during jumps and the HCS profile at least one time took advantage of this to reset the panel numbers that they tracked in their profile. They likely still do.
2. Some menu items respond differently to a long keyboard press vs. a short keyboard press (stopping at a known position with a long press). The HCS profile likely takes advantage of this, when it is available, to move to a known good position before advancing to the requested position.
3. If a key or joystick bind being tracked by the HCS profile is used to manipulate the panels, the HCS profile would obviously be able to follow that.
4. Panel number tracking is likely still vulnerable to being messed up in some cases if a player manually adjusts panels and then later invokes an HCS panel command.

TLDR: I don't think that HCS has access to any information that isn't available from EDDI + VoiceAttack but if I've missed something then we'd of course be happy to look into it.

EDIT: I peeked at the official HCS Discord and it looks like panel tracking is still vulnerable to getting "confuzzled" by manual inputs (https://discordapp.com/channels/283298849072742401/360415485516447746/771111101290905611).

Last edited:
Thanks for the ideas. Let me try to improve it later now that painite is rekt ;) And yes, being the dude that worked on panels I can see how I can "confuzzle" the s out of it :D

We do not have panel numbers, just the gui_focus properties you see in the status object. (https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/wiki/Variables#status). HCS can use this to know if you've quit out of a panel but not if you've manually advanced to a different panel number.

I don't follow HCS developments, but as far as I'm aware
1. Panels are reset during jumps and the HCS profile at least one time took advantage of this to reset the panel numbers that they tracked in their profile. They likely still do.
2. Some menu items respond differently to a long keyboard press vs. a short keyboard press (stopping at a known position with a long press). The HCS profile likely takes advantage of this, when it is available, to move to a known good position before advancing to the requested position.
3. If a key or joystick bind being tracked by the HCS profile is used to manipulate the panels, the HCS profile would obviously be able to follow that.
4. Panel number tracking is likely still vulnerable to being messed up in some cases if a player manually adjusts panels and then later invokes an HCS panel command.

TLDR: I don't think that HCS has access to any information that isn't available from EDDI + VoiceAttack but if I've missed something then we'd of course be happy to look into it.

EDIT: I peeked at the official HCS Discord and it looks like panel tracking is still vulnerable to getting "confuzzled" by manual inputs (https://discordapp.com/channels/283298849072742401/360415485516447746/771111101290905611).

HCS can occasionally get confuzzled

Just manually set the left panel on the Navigation tab, then select the right panel and move to the "Home" tab. furthest left - then invoke "Run diagnostics" and all your settings will be properly aligned. There's also a routine that should be run once to ensure inputs from joystick/throttle are also tracked correctly, but I did it so long ago that I can't remember exactly how that works, but it's somewhere in the documentation. If you haven't done that or can't find the docs, the guys at HCS can guide you on their forum.

HTH

I've just downloaded it from the GitHub site without problem, using this link to the .exe:

That link worked thanks!

To which link are you referring please?

I've actually managed to download it now, maybe was an issue with githubs servers earlier.

TL/DR: Where do I toggle the announcement of signals when using the FSS scanner?

Updated to the newer EDDI 3.7.1, using it through VA, and really like how it announces every single thing when I am trying to FSS but I would like to be able to have less on occasion. Have looked for options in Speech Responder, both default and my custom versions and in the Signal detected script have tested setting the true/false statements to all false and VA/EDDI is still announcing everything.

TL/DR: Where do I toggle the announcement of signals when using the FSS scanner?

Updated to the newer EDDI 3.7.1, using it through VA, and really like how it announces every single thing when I am trying to FSS but I would like to be able to have less on occasion. Have looked for options in Speech Responder, both default and my custom versions and in the Signal detected script have tested setting the true/false statements to all false and VA/EDDI is still announcing everything.
The true/false statements in the Signal detected are typically applied only to the signals detected when EDDI enters a system, not to signals detected when in fss mode or in saa mode. If you'd like to apply them in fss mode then you can change lines 33-34 from
Code:
{if status.gui_focus = "fss mode" || status.gui_focus = "saa mode" || (spokenSources[event.source] = true && event.unique):
to
Code:
{if status.gui_focus = "saa mode" || (spokenSources[event.source] = true && event.unique):

Alternatively, you can use
Code:
{if spokenSources[event.source] = true && event.unique:
if you'd like to also filter the signals detected while in saa mode and launching probes at the surface of a body.

The true/false statements in the Signal detected are typically applied only to the signals detected when EDDI enters a system, not to signals detected when in fss mode or in saa mode. If you'd like to apply them in fss mode then you can change lines 33-34 from
Code:
{if status.gui_focus = "fss mode" || status.gui_focus = "saa mode" || (spokenSources[event.source] = true && event.unique):
to
Code:
{if status.gui_focus = "saa mode" || (spokenSources[event.source] = true && event.unique):

Alternatively, you can use
Code:
{if spokenSources[event.source] = true && event.unique:
if you'd like to also filter the signals detected while in saa mode and launching probes at the surface of a body.
Nice tip @T'kael
However, do you think it would be better if there were separate events created for Signal detected fss mode and Signal detected saa mode ?

TK, I solved it. Using your fantastic {TXT:Status gui focus} of course. And updated my profile accordingly. Now you can 1 2 3 4 all your like, esc out, back out, say module, and just leave, and the next time you say firegroups it will go to the right place. In working on that I saw the true problem with the panels. It's the animation. When your {TXT:Status gui focus} is 'none'. And you press 1, there's a delay for when the 'none' switch to 'external panel'. If you press your tab next key right at that animation, no one can help you. Another way is to press the tab next key real quick, so quick that the 'tab check' logic in the back can't i++ quick enough.

I've also tested mapping the joystick keys to VA, and ask VA to trigger the command instead of directly bound in ED. Same limitation occurs. All I gained was added lag so I took that out. Thought you'd be interested. Cheers.

Nice tip @T'kael
However, do you think it would be better if there were separate events created for Signal detected fss mode and Signal detected saa mode ?
I don't really want to clutter the event list with multiple similar events (particularly when an inexperienced commander may not understand differences between those events). What value do you see in taking that approach?

I don't really want to clutter the event list with multiple similar events (particularly when an inexperienced commander may not understand differences between those events). What value do you see in taking that approach?
Well, it solves the issue raised above by @Rabe without the need to edit code as you described.

TK, I solved it. Using your fantastic {TXT:Status gui focus} of course. And updated my profile accordingly. Now you can 1 2 3 4 all your like, esc out, back out, say module, and just leave, and the next time you say firegroups it will go to the right place. In working on that I saw the true problem with the panels. It's the animation. When your {TXT:Status gui focus} is 'none'. And you press 1, there's a delay for when the 'none' switch to 'external panel'. If you press your tab next key right at that animation, no one can help you. Another way is to press the tab next key real quick, so quick that the 'tab check' logic in the back can't i++ quick enough.

I've also tested mapping the joystick keys to VA, and ask VA to trigger the command instead of directly bound in ED. Same limitation occurs. All I gained was added lag so I took that out. Thought you'd be interested. Cheers.

If you are using macros that access any of the panels, you will want to turn off GUI effects and 'Look at X Panel' options to 'Does Nothing' -- otherwise you can throw off your macros while they are in action, potentially resulting in a string of bad things happening, like a reef hit to a diver you might need to reset a bunch of things due to an errant macro

Lg6pLwe.png

KSo0ZGL.png

Ah thank you, sir. I have does nothing already but forgot about the GUI FX, will do that now. I think what I've fixed yesterday though, allows me to turn back on the does nothing :) Very powerful this gui focus var.

Hi Apologies in advance if this has been answered I could not find it...
Simply put I am using the Route function in some scripts works a treat for finding mats traders, interstellar factors etc. My issue is: Is it limited to systems within one jump, i.e. your max jump range. Or can it do a multi-jump route, and i'm just too dim to work it out properly ?

Thanks in advance for answers or even a librarian like tut-tut and some minor eye rolling.
Love EDDI (run it with VA) could not image myself flying without it hats of to T'Kael, VerticalBlank, and all the rest for answers and maintaining this thread and EDDI

Hi Apologies in advance if this has been answered I could not find it...
Simply put I am using the Route function in some scripts works a treat for finding mats traders, interstellar factors etc. My issue is: Is it limited to systems within one jump, i.e. your max jump range. Or can it do a multi-jump route, and i'm just too dim to work it out properly ?
You are right that this should be better documented on our wiki.

The Route function was implemented by the late Cmdr Hoodathunk, and one of his final posts on our Discord server was to confirm that it operates over a cube centred on your current position. It queries the EDSM database and for performance reasons, and to reduce the load on the EDSM server, this query needs to be somewhat tightly specified. Specifically it is restricted to:

(a) stations within 10000 Ls from the arrival point and
(b) a cube of 80 Ly for Technology Brokers, 40 Ly for Materials Traders and 25 Ly for Interstellar Factors.

I hope this helps.

Top Bottom