Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Die einfachste und schnellste Änderung ist folgende:
The simplest and fastest change is the following:
Code:
{if system.allegiance = "Empire":
    {F("Empire honorific")}
|elif system.allegiance = "Federation":
    {if cmdr.empirerating.rank >= 0:
        Attention, you're entering hostile space!
    |else:
        {if cmdr.federationrating.rank = 0:
            commander
        |else:
            {cmdr.federationrating.name}
        }
    }
|else:
    commander
}

Das Problem dabei ist, Du kannst ja bei beiden Mächten einen Rang haben. Für Dich, der nur für das Imperium kämpft, würde das aber passen.
Probiere es einfach mal aus.
The problem is, you can have a rank with both powers. For you, who only fights for the empire, this would fit.
Just try it out.

Last edited:
Die einfachste und schnellste Änderung ist folgende:
The simplest and fastest change is the following:
Code:
{if system.allegiance = "Empire":
    {F("Empire honorific")}
|elif system.allegiance = "Federation":
    {if cmdr.empirerating.rank >= 0:
        Attention, you're entering hostile space!
    |else:
        {if cmdr.federationrating.rank = 0:
            commander
        |else:
            {cmdr.federationrating.name}
        }
    }
|else:
    commander
}

Das Problem dabei ist, Du kannst ja bei beiden Mächten einen Rang haben. Für Dich, der nur für das Imperium kämpft, würde das aber passen.
Probiere es einfach mal aus.
The problem is, you can have a rank with both powers. For you, who only fights for the empire, this would fit.
Just try it out.
thanks for cross-posting in English. Websites already in English (in chrome at least) don't give translation options for portions or posts therein without using fancy plugins or extensions - can be a chore to take each reply over to a translator just to follow along, or check out the solution. Cheers!

thanks for cross-posting in English. Websites already in English (in chrome at least) don't give translation options for portions or posts therein without using fancy plugins or extensions - can be a chore to take each reply over to a translator just to follow along, or check out the solution. Cheers!
Please do. After all, this is an English forum and if two Germans meet here this time, the majority of the readers should be able to read along without much effort
(even if only through deepl). And yes ... Cheers ! 🍻😋☺️

Hi all,

first of all thanks for a very useful tool and happy holidays!

I'm running EDDI 4.0.1 without VA and with EDH. I tried one of the new multi limpet controllers and the EDDI script doesn't recognize the MLC.
I've seen that you already inserted the MLCs in DataDefinitions/ModuleDefinitions.cs. So I guess they will be supported in the next version update.

Is there another class property apart from compartment.module.name and compartment.module.invariantName? Currently, both are empty for the MLC. In particular I'd find it useful to have an exported property for the ED journal item value, like int_multidronecontrol_operations_size3_class4. This way new modules wouldn't necessarily have to be actively supported as the journal data is transparently exported to Cottle.

Another small thing: Could the location of the edit script window be saved as well?

My limpet check script for context:
Code:
{set controllers to 0}
{set isMiner to false}
{_ set cntCompartment to 1}
{for compartment in ship.compartments:
    {_ Log(cat("Compartment ", cntCompartment, ": ", compartment.module.name, " - ", compartment.module.invariantName))}
    {set cntCompartment to cntCompartment + 1}
    {if find(compartment.module.name, "Controller") != -1 || find(compartment.module.invariantName, "dronecontrol") != -1:
        {set controllers to controllers + 1}
    |elif compartment.module.name = "Refinery":
        {set isMiner to true}
    }
}

{set limpets to 0}
{for cargo in inventory:
    {if cargo.edname = "Drones":
        {set limpets to cargo.total}
    }
}

{set percentLimpets to ship.cargocapacity * 0.05}
{if isMiner: {set percentLimpets to ship.cargocapacity * 0.7}}
{if controllers > 0 && limpets = 0 && cargoCarried < ship.cargocapacity / 2:
    You are not carrying limpets.
|elif controllers > 0 && limpets < percentLimpets && cargoCarried < ship.cargocapacity / 2:
    You only have {limpets} {if limpets = 1: limpet |else: limpets} on-board.
|elif controllers = 0 && limpets > 0:
    You are carrying limpets but no limpet controller.
}

Hi all,

first of all thanks for a very useful tool and happy holidays!

I'm running EDDI 4.0.1 without VA and with EDH. I tried one of the new multi limpet controllers and the EDDI script doesn't recognize the MLC.
I've seen that you already inserted the MLCs in DataDefinitions/ModuleDefinitions.cs. So I guess they will be supported in the next version update.

Is there another class property apart from compartment.module.name and compartment.module.invariantName? Currently, both are empty for the MLC. In particular I'd find it useful to have an exported property for the ED journal item value, like int_multidronecontrol_operations_size3_class4. This way new modules wouldn't necessarily have to be actively supported as the journal data is transparently exported to Cottle.

Another small thing: Could the location of the edit script window be saved as well?

My limpet check script for context:
Code:
{set controllers to 0}
{set isMiner to false}
{_ set cntCompartment to 1}
{for compartment in ship.compartments:
    {_ Log(cat("Compartment ", cntCompartment, ": ", compartment.module.name, " - ", compartment.module.invariantName))}
    {set cntCompartment to cntCompartment + 1}
    {if find(compartment.module.name, "Controller") != -1 || find(compartment.module.invariantName, "dronecontrol") != -1:
        {set controllers to controllers + 1}
    |elif compartment.module.name = "Refinery":
        {set isMiner to true}
    }
}

{set limpets to 0}
{for cargo in inventory:
    {if cargo.edname = "Drones":
        {set limpets to cargo.total}
    }
}

{set percentLimpets to ship.cargocapacity * 0.05}
{if isMiner: {set percentLimpets to ship.cargocapacity * 0.7}}
{if controllers > 0 && limpets = 0 && cargoCarried < ship.cargocapacity / 2:
    You are not carrying limpets.
|elif controllers > 0 && limpets < percentLimpets && cargoCarried < ship.cargocapacity / 2:
    You only have {limpets} {if limpets = 1: limpet |else: limpets} on-board.
|elif controllers = 0 && limpets > 0:
    You are carrying limpets but no limpet controller.
}
Hmm, I'm not able to test this right now, but have a try with .EDName (or .edname) instead of .name/.invariantName. I know this is used in a couple of default scripts, so may work here too. It should give something like the int_multidronecontrol_operations_size3_class4 you mention, assuming it works.

Edit: This. @T'kael & @VerticalBlank please do this if at all possible. It drives me nuts with the window opening in different places each time I open one. 😁

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm not able to test this right now, but have a try with .EDName (or .edname) instead of .name/.invariantName. I know this is used in a couple of default scripts, so may work here too. It should give something like the int_multidronecontrol_operations_size3_class4 you mention, assuming it works.
Thanks. Both properties exist. But for the MLC they are also empty.
Code:
2021-12-23T15:57:12 [Info] Log:function Compartment 7: Cargo Rack - Cargo Rack - Int_CargoRack_Size5_Class1
2021-12-23T15:57:12 [Info] Log:function Compartment 9: Supercruise Assist - Supercruise Assist - Int_SupercruiseAssist
2021-12-23T15:57:12 [Info] Log:function Compartment 8:  -  -
2021-12-23T15:57:12 [Info] Log:function Compartment 11: Guardian Hull Reinforcement - Guardian Hull Reinforcement - Int_GuardianHullReinforcement_Size5_Class2

Thanks. Both properties exist. But for the MLC they are also empty.
Code:
2021-12-23T15:57:12 [Info] Log:function Compartment 7: Cargo Rack - Cargo Rack - Int_CargoRack_Size5_Class1
2021-12-23T15:57:12 [Info] Log:function Compartment 9: Supercruise Assist - Supercruise Assist - Int_SupercruiseAssist
2021-12-23T15:57:12 [Info] Log:function Compartment 8:  -  -
2021-12-23T15:57:12 [Info] Log:function Compartment 11: Guardian Hull Reinforcement - Guardian Hull Reinforcement - Int_GuardianHullReinforcement_Size5_Class2
Oh. Well, it was worth a try. Sorry they didn't work out. 😕

Hmmmm

I seem to have lost sound output.

Opened EDDI standalone. Verified Frontier API connection. Opened Speech Responder EDDI Personality.

Nothing from hitting the Test buttons.

All other VA and system sounds working fine. ???

Any ideas?

EDIT: Fixed

Somehow the Text to Speech Voice got de-selected. All good.

Is there a way for EDDI to not use Windows own speech settings? It's hilarious but I've got a Finnish language Windows 11 and for some reason EDDI speaks English with a hilarious Finnish accent. It sounds worse than Kimi Räikkönen, Marcus Grönholm & Mika Häkkinen combined.

EDIT: I actually just jumped and i listened to an utterly hilarious "vuel level is ät kakskyt-yks pörsent."

EDIT2: Whew. Changed it back to Zira. For some reason it had changed in the settings to the Windows Default. No more rally English!

Last edited:
Is there a way for EDDI to not use Windows own speech settings? It's hilarious but I've got a Finnish language Windows 11 and for some reason EDDI speaks English with a hilarious Finnish accent. It sounds worse than Kimi Räikkönen, Marcus Grönholm & Mika Häkkinen combined.
Kimmi Räikkönen COVAS would be awesome! 🤣🤣

Happy New Year as well!

Good opportunity to set goals for the new year. ;) Any chance a new version may be released soon, which supports the new limpet controllers?

If you've been following along on Github, I've been working towards a next release (which will support the new limpet controllers). I'm not ready to announce that new release yet though. ;-)
I saw that there seem to be structural changes in progress. As this could take usually a little longer, I was not expecting an immediate release. It's ready when it's ready.

If you've been following along on Github, I've been working towards a next release (which will support the new limpet controllers). I'm not ready to announce that new release yet though. ;-)
Will we be able to merge the new stuff with our edited scripted speech somehow? Or will all customized scripts stay untouched?

Will we be able to merge the new stuff with our edited scripted speech somehow? Or will all customized scripts stay untouched?
When you install a new version of EDDI, any scripts that you have made changes to are not updated. Scripts that are still default will be updated.

So if you want to add any of the new updates to scripts you have previously made changes to, then you will need to manually add the updates yourself. Any scripts with the 'Reset' button active, are ones you have made changes to from the default.

Top Bottom