Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Not seeing that on my installation. I have 14 tabs and so far everything is behaving very well; I haven't yet found any bugs that directly affect me.

I'd suggest doing a direct download from GitHub and doing a re-install over the top of your current installation. If that doesn't fix it, save the data directory and do a clean install. If that works you can recopy the saved data back into the active data directory.

HTH

Tried all of above but still same........Screen shot....

Anyone help?

Could anyone help. Just updated my EDDI, as VA suggested i do, but since updating, i am only getting 4 tabs in EDDI, (Not in game so can't verify which ones, but it is not working as it should. What do i need to do to get it working again? get no ingame talk at all from EDDI.

Thanks
Hi Wasp0,

This has happened to others in the past. Not sure why it happens though. Check out this link to earlier in the thread:- Link It was fixed by following the advice from Tkael in the post after. Give it a try and see how you get on. :)

DC

Could anyone help. Just updated my EDDI, as VA suggested i do, but since updating, i am only getting 4 tabs in EDDI, (Not in game so can't verify which ones, but it is not working as it should. What do i need to do to get it working again? get no ingame talk at all from EDDI.

Thanks
I had this same problem back in January, here is a copy of the advice I was given which resolved it for me. Hope this works for you too.

Tkael said:
It's probably not anything to do with the Frontier API.
Which version of EDDI are you reinstalling? The latest version is located at https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/releases/download/Release/3.3.2/EDDI-3.3.2.exe.
If you're already running the latest version, try the steps here to determine if there's something off in one of your config files: https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/blob/master/TROUBLESHOOTING.md#eddi-doesnt-start-or-crashes-on-startup
Thankyou that did the trick I have all the folders back again now o7

I had this same problem back in January, here is a copy of the advice I was given which resolved it for me. Hope this works for you too.

Thankyou that did the trick I have all the folders back again now o7

YEA....Damn 'elite.json' file was the naughty one. All running again now.

As usual this forum is great, (Except the general discussion bit HeHe)

Thanks guys, Repped

Things are working well, but EDDI still isn’t updating EDDN or EDSM. My first thought is of a configuration error on my part. The respective responders are enabled; where are the EDDN updates triggered?

I'm afraid that they fall into the "not very useful" camp right now - they are only updated during the Loadout event - e.g.
1. When you first start the game
2. When you exit outfitting
3. When you swap ships
Things are working well, but EDDI still isn’t updating EDDN or EDSM. My first thought is of a configuration error on my part. The respective responders are enabled; where are the EDDN updates triggered?
Which version of EDDI are you running? Beta versions do not send data to EDDN or EDSM.

A little update for the community...

I've been working on a 'Crime Monitor" addition to EDDI, which tracks bonds, bounties & fines, and it's getting very close. I've also included additional navigation queries under a new 'Navigation Service', which significantly expands the missions route functionality. A query for finding the nearest Interstellar Factors Contact is working, with Brokers and Traders on the way.

Presently, I have a 'Crime check system' script, which tells you (following a jump) if you're wanted by local factions, the nearest station (for your ship size) to clear any local fines, whether there are 'Legal Facilities' in the system to clear your bounties, etc. A 'Crime check station' script, provides station-specific information upon returning to normal space. Plus, the ubiquitous 'Crime Report'.

With the understanding that there are limitations as to what the data can provide, does the community have any thoughts on how the 'Crime & Punishment' data can be further leveraged to provide additional value to EDDI? Let me know what you think, either here or by PM, and I will get back to you on whether it can be done.

Cheers,
Hooda

Not sure if this is the proper place to report this. If not feel free to move it.
I just got (bought a month ago) Voice Attack and for some reason after the latest Windows 10 update standalone EDDI quit working.
The EDDI plugin still worked for VA. But I only use VA when i'm in VR.
When i'm not in VR, I.E. Just on desktop working on ship engineering and such I use EDDI a LOT to export my ship configs to Coriolis to tie in with the Inara engineers list to see what I have left to gather mat wise.
Works brilliantly.
It fixed it by deleting the EDDI folder from Appdata and re-installing EDDI. (might be an easier way by deleting a specific .json file but I just went full monty)
Now I can again use EDDI standalone in desktop mode and VA fires up the EDDI plugin fine when I go VR guns blazing lol.
I'm on EDDI 3.3.7 now, was on 3.3.6 before the Windows 10 update.
Oh, and I did have to put in the Frontier API info again to complete it of course.
Anyway, thanks guys/gals for your awesome work !!
I know you are open source type folks but if you had a "Donate" button for the project I will happily do so.
For abbreviation limited types:
EDDI=EDDI
VA=Voice Attack
VR=Virtual Reality
I.E.= for example (this one will toss a few) :rolleyes:
LOT= a lot or i.e. often (see above)

Last edited:
If you still had your logs from when EDDI quit working, we'd have been happy to review them. For reference, for startup issues we typically recommend
1. reviewing the troubleshooting documentation and using the steps documented there as the first step to identify the problem file, then
2. reporting your findings (ideally with a copy of your logs) on Github.

In any case, we're glad you got it working again. :)

We don't currently accept donations, but some of the services that we use to source data (like EDSM) do have ongoing maintenance costs and accept donations. If you are in a donating mood, you might consider donating towards the maintenance of those servers.

Lastly, a more precise translation of i.e. would be in other words (which happens to match the way you used it). ;)

Is there some reason EDDI isn't reporting verbally when you sell Exploration Data? I have mine set at the default and every time I sell exploration data, I get nothing but silence from EDDI.

Is there some reason EDDI isn't reporting verbally when you sell Exploration Data? I have mine set at the default and every time I sell exploration data, I get nothing but silence from EDDI.
I believe the way this information is reported changed with the 3.4 game release. I also think updating it is already on our list but it got a little buried. Consider me reminded to take a look at it.

I believe the way this information is reported changed with the 3.4 game release. I also think updating it is already on our list but it got a little buried. Consider me reminded to take a look at it.
No problem. I figured it was an oversight. Thanks so much for all you guys do.

Hi!
Have anyone noticed an issue with "Location" script in newest version of EDDI or it is just with me?
When I (re)load the game, "Location" script does't caling... Nothing happened...
I tried to implement into "Commander continued" script (it has no problem) with {F("Location")} but after 'cmdr contiuned' text, EDDI says: "You are in the system" and that's it!
If I press test button for this problematic script EDDI says: "You are docked at the orbital station Heyerdahl Hub in the Alpha Caeli system." but it is just an exaple sample, (I'm onway to Colonia to SagA* at this momment.) so in game this dont work... :( I think there are issues with calling variables or whatever...?
THX for replies.
Fly safe!

Hi!
Have anyone noticed an issue with "Location" script in newest version of EDDI or it is just with me?
When I (re)load the game, "Location" script does't caling... Nothing happened...
I tried to implement into "Commander continued" script (it has no problem) with {F("Location")} but after 'cmdr contiuned' text, EDDI says: "You are in the system" and that's it!
If I press test button for this problematic script EDDI says: "You are docked at the orbital station Heyerdahl Hub in the Alpha Caeli system." but it is just an exaple sample, (I'm onway to Colonia to SagA* at this momment.) so in game this dont work... :( I think there are issues with calling variables or whatever...?
THX for replies.
Fly safe!
Repetition of the Location event was disabled by the original author of this application in response to user requests - users wanted to be able to re-log / flip mission boards without re-triggering that event. We're re-assessing whether this is still needed.

Variables for Location are set by EDDI when the event is generated and are not stored in memory after the fact. Invoking event driven scripts like F("Location") can be problematic - those scripts depend on variables that are only set when the events are allowed to trigger normally. It's possible to work around this if you customize scripts to store and retrieve values using the SetState() function but that is a burdensome approach and is not recommended.

Top Bottom