Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Javert

Volunteer Moderator
Make sure your voice is fully compatible. If you're using the unlocked Microsoft Eva Mobile, for example, not only will pauses not work, but certain calls turn into loud static, probably because it doesn't support the latest API. I had some other voices that I downloaded which I liked but did the same thing because they were a bit older.

Well as far as I remember, I haven't altered anything from the standard voice settings ever.

I use MS Zira Desktop at 100 volume, Speed 1, Processing Level 0

Integrates really well and almost identical to Astra

A friend has said that to me as well, an Aussie with a deep voice. All you could really hope for, if you're unable to enunciate or use small pauses to get around it, is some workaround like using another phonetic based command to call the command you have trouble with. Watch the event log in Voice Attack and note the words it think you are using, and add them to a phonetic list of words you can substitute as command words to make them fire correctly.

For example, you can make a command for "Body 8 2;Body 82;" and translate that to A 2 and call the correct command. Certain words will have issues, so having another way to call something can help, too. VA can wait for a user input now, so a simple If statement could be used to have VA ask what you just said, and wait for you to quickly type an "A" or an "8". There are obviously many ways to try to create a workaround, but in the end, it's the current "wall" for voice recognition and control in the current year: foreign accents, regional accents & dialects, deep voices, and speech impediments are just not fun to try to work around.
I too have some problems with VA and some commands. If there is any ambient sound (TV, people talking) voice attack dispatch "gear down" or "lights off" commands, even if the sounds are low level. What is strange is that people and TV are talking in Portuguese and I use VA in English. If a tea spoon falls on the floor, "gear down" command is activated. 😂😂
I have raised speech recognition level to 90% for these commands and it helped a lot, but I still have to fight with VA some times. ;)

For me, it always tries to do 'Route report', mostly from the quiet sounds my flight stick makes when in use. Yet I can have YouTube playing on my second monitor, with the audio less than 50cm from my mic, and nothing happens! :LOL:

Yeah, #MeToo
omg, bro! don't use that tag like that! that is for women who were assaulted (no joke).

I have raised speech recognition level to 90% for these commands and it helped a lot, but I still have to fight with VA some times. ;)

You might consider some sort of "push-to-talk" key for VA so it only listens when a key is held, would allow more accuracy and a lowered recognition. 90 is pretty high, I can imagine it causing a few repeated commands even when you say it exactly right.

Some of my VA issues lately involve the recognition cutting out before I'm done saying a sentence, and it's not like I paused or had a gap... Using wildcards that are stored in variables, none of which I know, but I know they are saved and the command will fire if I can just get it to hear me out:

"What bookmark number is saved for Founders World?" (the answer for my test was 14) -- but sometimes it cuts out before the place name, so I get it telling me that an empty entry does not exist. The rabbit hole gets pretty deep and when things get complex, I think VA starts to struggle a little.

And then I get it recognizing "What bookmark number is saved 4 Founders World?" so my commands that use "to" or "for" now look like this:
[to;two;too;2;for;four;4]

sigh
VoiceAttack is a source of endless joy, and frustration, at times.

I’ve been locked out of my forum account, but now that’s fixed, I want to let you know that my testing shows all my outstanding issues were resolved with the latest release. Thanks to the team for your hard work. Much appreciated! o7

I'm really well sorted as well. Certainly no game breakers, and I can't think of anything that I do that has uncovered anything I need to report.

Great work team!

Hello! EDDI is running fine again. It's no surprise this handy app is essencial for my elite playtime!
I have the body report tangled a bit, making it less absurdly long when scanning all those huge systems. It's in a pretty good state all i wanted is to have eddi tell me the percentage or something of sorts about tier 3 and up planet materials like tellurium, technetium, polonium etc. I hadthis in an old personality but i cant find it! It made eddi say "there's a high a concentration of technetium in this planet" (or something in these lines)... Would be awesome to snip the body report! Can cottle masters make it happen? Gracias o7

Hello! EDDI is running fine again. It's no surprise this handy app is essencial for my elite playtime!
I have the body report tangled a bit, making it less absurdly long when scanning all those huge systems. It's in a pretty good state all i wanted is to have eddi tell me the percentage or something of sorts about tier 3 and up planet materials like tellurium, technetium, polonium etc. I hadthis in an old personality but i cant find it! It made eddi say "there's a high a concentration of technetium in this planet" (or something in these lines)... Would be awesome to snip the body report! Can cottle masters make it happen? Gracias o7

Hi tulextreme,

The default Body Report has a bunch of options at the top to configure the report to your liking.
Code:
{_ Preferences _}
{set reportGravity to 1}        {_ Set to 1 to report the body's gravity. _} 
{set reportTerraformState to 1} {_ Set to 1 to report the body's terraform state. _}
{set reportRings to 1}          {_ Set to 1 to report the body's rings. _}
{set reportRadius to 0}         {_ Set to 1 to report the body's radius. _}
{set reportMass to 0}           {_ Set to 1 to report the body's mass. _}
{set reportRotation to 0}       {_ Set to 1 to report the body's rotation. _}
{set reportVolcanism to 1}      {_ Set to 1 to report the body's volcanism. _}
{set reportAtmosphere to 1}     {_ Set to 1 to report the body's atmosphere. _}
{set reportMaterials to 1}      {_ Set to 1 to report the body's materials. _}
{set reportScanValue to 1}      {_ Set to 1 to report the body's estimated value. _}
The above is from my version of the report, and I've re-written them to be more uniform, plus added a couple of options, but I think you get the idea. Or did you want to make the report even more specific? With the above, I've made the report quite short.

Also, the other parts of the report, like the Body Materials Report which is called at the end, also have their own options sections. For example:-
Code:
{_ Preferences _}
{set reportMats to 1} {_ Set to 0 if you only want to hear about materials below your minimum inventory level _}
                      {_ Set to 1 if you also want to hear about materials below your desired inventory level _}
                      {_ Set to 2 if you want to hear about all materials on the body _}
{set reportMatConc to 0} {_ Set to 0 if you do not want to hear about material percent concentrations _}
                         {_ Set to 1 if you only want to hear about great material percent concentrations _}
                         {_ Set to 2 if you want to hear about good and great material percent concentrations _}
                         {_ Set to 3 if you want to hear about all material percent concentrations _}
(Again, this is my updated version.) I think this is what you are looking for, right?

tulextreme & Darkcyde,

I wouldn't spend too much bandwidth on scanning, body reports, etc as T'Kael has a HUGE overhaul of EDDI scanning and reporting functionality coming soon in the next beta. It resolves ALL the GitHub scanning related issues and I have zero doubt the community will be very pleased. :)

Also in the coming beta... other 3.4 journal additions, a Crime & Punishment Monitor, FSD optimal mass from engineering data providing (reasonably) accurate jump range calculations (similar to Coriolis), destination system setting and tracking, mission routing functionality for standalone users... it's a very long list. :D

Say is there an event log that would let me create a script which tell me the "breached" planet gravity level?
- "Like cmdr we just entered a high gravity 10g planet be super careful"

Exploring a bit yesterday on the bubble got me 10kk and some ideas! o7

tulextreme & Darkcyde,

I wouldn't spend too much bandwidth on scanning, body reports, etc as T'Kael has a HUGE overhaul of EDDI scanning and reporting functionality coming soon in the next beta. It resolves ALL the GitHub scanning related issues and I have zero doubt the community will be very pleased. :)

Also in the coming beta... other 3.4 journal additions, a Crime & Punishment Monitor, FSD optimal mass from engineering data providing (reasonably) accurate jump range calculations (similar to Coriolis), destination system setting and tracking, mission routing functionality for standalone users... it's a very long list. :D
Just had a quick look over some of the commits going into the new exploration update. Nice to see some of them seem to be doing (by default) stuff I put into my scripts a while ago. That means I can trim my scripts back a lot (probably), maybe even go to default! ;) I see I may not need my 'Body Name Tidy' script anymore too! I'm really looking forward to this new update now! :D Is it likely to be ready anytime soon?

Just had a quick look over some of the commits going into the new exploration update. Nice to see some of them seem to be doing (by default) stuff I put into my scripts a while ago. That means I can trim my scripts back a lot (probably), maybe even go to default! ;) I see I may not need my 'Body Name Tidy' script anymore too! I'm really looking forward to this new update now! :D Is it likely to be ready anytime soon?
It's fair to say that your scripts have influenced this latest iteration. :-D
We've got a few other things to merge in and then we need to shake it down a bit to make sure nothing broke too badly. ;-) But yes, soon(tm).

Gnight! Got ask i've been having serious crashes on the latest eddi version 3.4 . Seems like what i noticed is the app 'bottleneck" and memory got leak somewhere and it shuts down! I've uninstalled it 3x now, aways cleaning my EDDi roaming folder "shinrarta dezra" this is your first time here! hurts my feelings; And it just crashed again! Is there some log i can check for issues and try to find the culprit here? Big thx!

Top Bottom