Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Gnight! Got ask i've been having serious crashes on the latest eddi version 3.4 . Seems like what i noticed is the app 'bottleneck" and memory got leak somewhere and it shuts down! I've uninstalled it 3x now, aways cleaning my EDDi roaming folder "shinrarta dezra" this is your first time here! hurts my feelings; And it just crashed again! Is there some log i can check for issues and try to find the culprit here? Big thx!
Yes, log files are located at %APPDATA%/EDDI. You can follow the troubleshooting steps at https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/blob/master/TROUBLESHOOTING.md#eddi-doesnt-start-or-crashes-on-startup, and if that fails then you can open a ticket at https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues.

Thank you T'kael yesterday i went to explore a bit and noticed the crashes come from the jump action in game! So i decided to have only the EDDI app open not voice attack which i use Astra/Singularity and it worked flawlessly. So yeah there's some thing messing these two together on my end! Maybe its the fuel warning, idk... Oh well ima try hcs disc and see if i can sort this out!

Thank you T'kael yesterday i went to explore a bit and noticed the crashes come from the jump action in game! So i decided to have only the EDDI app open not voice attack which i use Astra/Singularity and it worked flawlessly. So yeah there's some thing messing these two together on my end! Maybe its the fuel warning, idk... Oh well ima try hcs disc and see if i can sort this out!
Does it still crash when you are using the vanilla eddi.vap profile?

Does it still crash when you are using the vanilla eddi.vap profile?

yea it does! Had two crashes in 5min! i use the eddi.vap as a hooked profile on the singularity.vap i use from hsc! And yeah its definitely some conflict with astra. Had a major pc freeze just now! I'm use eddi.vap as the main profile in va and hook astra to see the results! This is baaad lol

Follow up!

After my pc crashed (never happened before playin elite!) my ed settings went bogus, minimal graphics settings, opened va again no sign of EDDI whatsoever! Opened eddi app and now all my settings are gone, no tabs, nothing! Yeah ima uninstall eddi until the next release! Thins 3.4 bugged hard on my end!

Edit

T'kael' is an old eddi version i could download and see how it behaves on my pc? Thanks

Attachments

• 2019-05-13 22_49_47-April Update_ Xbox controller vibration _ Frontier Forums - Opera.jpg
    2019-05-13 22_49_47-April Update_ Xbox controller vibration _ Frontier Forums - Opera.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
yea it does! Had two crashes in 5min! i use the eddi.vap as a hooked profile on the singularity.vap i use from hsc! And yeah its definitely some conflict with astra. Had a major pc freeze just now! I'm use eddi.vap as the main profile in va and hook astra to see the results! This is baaad lol

Follow up!

After my pc crashed (never happened before playin elite!) my ed settings went bogus, minimal graphics settings, opened va again no sign of EDDI whatsoever! Opened eddi app and now all my settings are gone, no tabs, nothing! Yeah ima uninstall eddi until the next release! Thins 3.4 bugged hard on my end!

Edit

T'kael' is an old eddi version i could download and see how it behaves on my pc? Thanks
Please open a bug report and share log files from your last few sessions so that we can try to diagnose the issue. Log files are located at %appdata%/EDDI.
In the meantime, both current and old releases are available here.

Your pic is indicative of an exception thrown when EDDI is loading the responders/monitors. The usual suspect is a corrupt json file. Did you try the 'EDDI doesn't start or crashes on startup' procedure that T'kael linked above?

Hallo wise pilots, I have an idea but I'm definitely incapable on the programming side of things so if somebody could help me I'd appreciate it a lot
Question: can EDDI be used to avoid waiting for the FSS scan of bodies with surface POIs?
You know that things that happens when a certain body got geological/biological/human/alien locations on surface but you still have to wait for the scan to complete to know if they're simple Geo or more interesting things...
It would be really nice (and way faster!) having EDDI bothering about it and warning me of and when something nice appears.
Would it be possible? In that case could anybody guide me step by step to it?

I'm using EDDI and VA

We're please to announce that EDDI 3.4.1-b1 is now available.
Full release notes are here. Highlights:
  • Added a new crime monitor
  • Added helpful buttons to the material monitor and mission monitor
  • Added a new JumpDetails() function
  • Added a new TrafficDetails() function
  • Revised the RouteDetails() function to expand the navigation options available
  • Harmonized variable names between events and objects.
  • Overhauled scripts and added new variables and capabilities around exploration
The release is available here.

We're please to announce that EDDI 3.4.1-b1 is now available.
Full release notes are here. Highlights:
  • Added a new crime monitor
  • Added helpful buttons to the material monitor and mission monitor
  • Added a new JumpDetails() function
  • Added a new TrafficDetails() function
  • Revised the RouteDetails() function to expand the navigation options available
  • Harmonized variable names between events and objects.
  • Overhauled scripts and added new variables and capabilities around exploration
The release is available here.

Excellent update.A much needed one probably the best update (at least for me) even better than the application it's self.The community cannot thank you enough for your efforts.An amazing tools for giving life to this already wonderful game.

Hallo T'kael, got a weird things happening today: I messed a little with the priority of some setup choices but now EDDI keeps telling me about the same "notable bodies to be mapped" it found 10 jumps ago... What is my mistake?

P.s. I'm using the last EDDI release as part of a HCS singularity VA pack

Hallo T'kael, got a weird things happening today: I messed a little with the priority of some setup choices but now EDDI keeps telling me about the same "notable bodies to be mapped" it found 10 jumps ago... What is my mistake?

P.s. I'm using the last EDDI release as part of a HCS singularity VA pack
It's hard to say without knowing exactly what you've changed, but does your Body scanned script still contain this section?
Code:
{_ Context _}
{SetState('eddi_context_last_subject', 'body')}
{SetState('eddi_context_last_action', 'scan')}
{SetState('eddi_context_body_system', system.name)}
{SetState('eddi_context_body_name', event.name)}

It's hard to say without knowing exactly what you've changed, but does your Body scanned script still contain this section?
Code:
{_ Context _}
yes it does,
if i'm doing it right it's like this:
Code:
{_ Context }
{SetState('eddi_context_last_scan_estimated_value', event.estimatedvalue)}

{Pause(500)}

{OneOf("Scan", "Analysis", "Scan and analysis")}
{OneOf("complete", "completed", "finished")}.

{if ship.Role.edname = "Exploration" || ship.Role.edname = "Multipurpose":
    {Pause(500)}
    {F("Body report")}
}
but i actually have it disabled in speech responder (because i already have body infos coming from VA's Celeste)
all i did was (in speech responder) to modify some priority fro the default 3 to something i figured more important... can i have broken it with this?
here's what i changed:

-AFMU repairs to 1
-Cockpit breached to 1
-Hull damaged to 1
-Location to 1
-Screenshot to 1
-Star Scanned to 2

nothing else.

i think it's the Bodies to Map script the one i 'm speaking about but it doesn't have a modifiable priority and i didn't touched it's script (as i'm totally unable to coding).

also, i noticed that when reporting the stellar scan, when there's something notable about it (as a very old one or something like that), EDDi still uses the italian colour to describe it even if i have the "english" language activated in main monitor.

Last edited:
Bodies to map references the context variables set during Body scanned. If you've disabled Body scanned and are invoking Bodies to map from VoiceAttack without Body scanned then you need to set those context variables another way (it is possible to do so via the SetState feature).

Bodies to map references the context variables set during Body scanned. If you've disabled Body scanned and are invoking Bodies to map from VoiceAttack without Body scanned then you need to set those context variables another way (it is possible to do so via the SetState feature).
got the culprit but i'm totally unable to understand the solution i'm afraid... do you have time and patience enough to explain in a "for dummies" fashion?

sorry to bother you, if you think it's too hard to explain i can live with re-enabling body scanned but i would like it to not speak, can it be done this way?

got the culprit but i'm totally unable to understand the solution i'm afraid... do you have time and patience enough to explain in a "for dummies" fashion?

sorry to bother you, if you think it's too hard to explain i can live with re-enabling body scanned but i would like it to not speak, can it be done this way?
1. Please re-enable the Body scanned script so that the context variables can be set.
2. Once you've done so, the easiest script to edit will be the Body report summary script (The Body scanned script uses this script to speak by default in EDDI version 3.4.1-b1) - you'll edit the preference options found at the top to turn off any/all information you'd rather not hear about:
Code:
{_ Preferences _}

{set reportTerraformables to 0}         {_ Reports terraformable and terraformed bodies _}
{set reportPlanetTypes to 0}            {_ Reports Earth-like and water worlds _}
{set reportMass to 0}                   {_ Reports notable masses (relative to Earth's) _}
{set reportRadius to 0}                 {_ Reports notable radii (in kilometers) _}
{set reportDensity to 0}                {_ Reports notable densities (in kilograms per cubic meter) _}
{set reportGravity to 0}                {_ Reports notable gravity (in G's) for landable bodies _}
{set reportTemperature to 0}            {_ Reports notable temperatures (in Kelvin) _}
{set reportMaterials to 0}              {_ Reports materials per preferences in the `Body materials` script. _}
{set reportLandableVolcanism to 0}      {_ Reports volcanism on landable worlds _}
{set reportRings to 0}                  {_ Reports ring details _}
{set reportInterestingOrbits to 0}      {_ Reports notable orbital characteristics _}
{set reportRapidRotation to 0}          {_ Reports very fast rotating bodies _}
If you set all of these to 0, speech from Body scanned will be completely disabled. If you'd rather reduce verbosity without disabling speech completely, you can keep some of these set to 1 and EDDI will only speak for those items.

Top Bottom