Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Thanks, unfortunately that doesn't seem to have done it, and there are no routes listed in the mission monitor tab either (although I clicked clear route anyway).

It seems to be wanting to direct me to a technology broker from what I can tell from looking at the system map.

I had the same problem after trying out the "Find Broker" button in the Material Monitor so I also tried the "Clear Route" option although I didn't have a mission either. This didn't work for me also. Then I looked at the Missionmonitor.json file and there was the system which the Find Broker mentioned.
Then I took on a mission, EDDI changed the target mission and the number of jumps accordingly after a jump, I finished the mission and after then I checked the Missionmonitor.json file again and it was clear ("null"). I made another jump and EDDI still told me the previous system where the mission had been as the system I had to visit. So I thought that systemname had to be in one of the other .json files and I found it in the EDDI.json file. Then I used the Find Broker option again and the system EDDI gave me and keeps mentioning after the jump is now the one mentioned in EDDI.json so maybe there's the problem.

Hey guys, yup, it's an issue.

At some point, I was clearing the 'Destination' variables upon clicking the 'Clear Route' button, but it must have gotten lost in a commit.

Additionally, when you jump into a system, the 'Jumped' script is supposed to check if you've arrived in the destination system and look for pending mission(s) before the clearing it. That's missing too. Another indicator something was lost between commits.

This will be fixed in the next 'rc' release.

- Hooda

Hmm, that's odd (BTW I do speak a bit of Italian myself, but not enough to act as a translator). 'Trattino' is indeed in SpeechService\Properties\Phrases.it.resx so the question is how it is leaking in when you have English selected.

Please could I suggest that you enable the option in the 'Speech Responder' tab to 'Write text copies of speech ...'. This will make it much easier to identify the issues.
here's the file produced in an half hour game... as you might see the star's colours are still italian as the already mentioned "dash-trattino", but i could find also "Pianeta coperto da oceani di acqua" for "Planet covered with water oceans" and some other details ("ghiacciato-icy", "roccioso-rocky", "quadrillioni-quadrillion" which, btw is uncorrect: it should be quadrilione with a single L in italian, "circa 12 miliardi di-about 12 billions of", "ricco di metalli-metal rich", "ad alto contenuto di metalli-high metal content", "Gigante gassoso di prima classe-first class gas giant", "Corpo celeste ghiacciato-Icy Body", "Acqua lava flows-water lava flows")

more data: after having (again) zipped and then deleted all the entries in the It localization folder, thus eliminating the italians phrases from EDDI, the speech responder didn't mentioned all the part about active bounties and whatever that you might see in the attached file...
maybe you can get something out of this too?

Attachments

• speechresponder.txt
    14.9 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Hi CMDRs,
I have a problem with EDDI. The cargo monitor doesn't show me any content. The freight list is always empty. Does anyone else have this problem?
In github there are two tickets #1283 and new #1361. #1283 was closed but without correction because there were no more hints.
I had paused a few weeks with ELITE so I only noticed the problem now.

It's English (English)
It'd be beneficial to move this issue with Italian leaking through to an issue on Github rather than trying to piece the conversation together on the forums. Would you please open an issue?
Please also make sure that you note whether you are using VoiceAttack and if you are using a custom personality then switch back to the default personality and make sure that it is still occurring there. If you are using VoiceAttack, please test whether the same problem occurs when you are running EDDI standalone and let us know.

Last edited:
Hi CMDRs,
I have a problem with EDDI. The cargo monitor doesn't show me any content. The freight list is always empty. Does anyone else have this problem?
In github there are two tickets #1283 and new #1361. #1283 was closed but without correction because there were no more hints.
I had paused a few weeks with ELITE so I only noticed the problem now.
We've responded to this ticket with some requests for additional information.

A little hint for users of EDDI. After completing the system scan eddi responds with the recommended planets for mapping.In case you forget the names of the bodies or if you save the game to map them later , just honk the system again. It will tell you again the remaining recommended planets.Even if you map some of them you can honk again for the remaining names.Of course you have to be in super-cruise when you do this.

A little hint for users of EDDI. After completing the system scan eddi responds with the recommended planets for mapping.In case you forget the names of the bodies or if you save the game to map them later , just honk the system again. It will tell you again the remaining recommended planets.Even if you map some of them you can honk again for the remaining names.Of course you have to be in super-cruise when you do this.
That's not far from what I had working when I first designed that functionality for my EDDI personality, before the team decided to add it as a built in system to EDDI and the default personality. I'm waiting for a more stable version to be released before I have a look over the changes and additions, and to see what's been improved over my original version. Then I may tweak a few things to my personal liking.

With how I have mine right now, I've set up VoiceAttack commands to repeat any mapped or unmapped bodies in the current system. You don't even need to be in Supercruise to use it. ;)

That's not far from what I had working when I first designed that functionality for my EDDI personality, before the team decided to add it as a built in system to EDDI and the default personality. I'm waiting for a more stable version to be released before I have a look over the changes and additions, and to see what's been improved over my original version. Then I may tweak a few things to my personal liking.

With how I have mine right now, I've set up VoiceAttack commands to repeat any mapped or unmapped bodies in the current system. You don't even need to be in Supercruise to use it. ;)
But please don't remove this ability cause not everyone has the ability to use voice attack!

But please don't remove this ability cause not everyone has the ability to use voice attack!
That's true, I know. I always try to keep VA use to a minimum for that reason. I can't really be speaking orders in my house, as it's not practical, so I try to make things run native to EDDI first. Almost all of my VA commands just execute an EDDI script, which can also be run manually from EDDI, or triggered with some other action, ie. loading a game to report the bodies.

To begin with, I only used VA to save and load data between gaming sessions, like the bodies mapped and scanned. The EDDI team have done great work adding the stuff I've made in the past into EDDI, like the monitors (cargo, mission, legal) and now the exploration stuff. I'm guessing (as I've not looked yet) that I probably won't need to use VA for much anymore, as EDDI seems to be doing it all within itself now.

When I tweak EDDI to my personal preferences, it's always to add detail or functionality. I never take anything away from the default.

That's true, I know. I always try to keep VA use to a minimum for that reason. I can't really be speaking orders in my house, as it's not practical, so I try to make things run native to EDDI first. Almost all of my VA commands just execute an EDDI script, which can also be run manually from EDDI, or triggered with some other action, ie. loading a game to report the bodies.

To begin with, I only used VA to save and load data between gaming sessions, like the bodies mapped and scanned. The EDDI team have done great work adding the stuff I've made in the past into EDDI, like the monitors (cargo, mission, legal) and now the exploration stuff. I'm guessing (as I've not looked yet) that I probably won't need to use VA for much anymore, as EDDI seems to be doing it all within itself now.

When I tweak EDDI to my personal preferences, it's always to add detail or functionality. I never take anything away from the default.
There is a Bodies to map script (a familiar name to you I think), invokable from VA. It just also happens to be invoked when you honk the discovery scanner after fully scanning a system. 😉

There is a Bodies to map script (a familiar name to you I think), invokable from VA. It just also happens to be invoked when you honk the discovery scanner after fully scanning a system. 😉
Ha! Very familiar! ;) Thanks for retaining that!
I'd been trying to think of a way to do that without VA. I hadn't thought of using the honk again though. Sometimes the quick and easy way is best! :)

I've been using VA with HCS Astra and EDDI for a couple years now. It works really well.

Install VA, load Astra (or other) voice pack. Install EDDI, then import the EDDI.vap into the Singularity profile.

You get the best of both.

I initially started with VA + HCS, but I also wanted the ability to export ship builds to Coriolis and the pad location reports on station approach available in EDDI. That plus the exploration reports in EDDI makes using both an HCS voice pack with EDDI an incredibly improved ED experience.

Wouldn't do it any other way.

It also solved the problem of not needing to use the TARGET software with TM HOTAS - the only loss is not being able to use custom throttle/joystick response curves.

I've been using VA with HCS Astra and EDDI for a couple years now. It works really well.

Install VA, load Astra (or other) voice pack. Install EDDI, then import the EDDI.vap into the Singularity profile.

You get the best of both.

I initially started with VA + HCS, but I also wanted the ability to export ship builds to Coriolis and the pad location reports on station approach available in EDDI. That plus the exploration reports in EDDI makes using both an HCS voice pack with EDDI an incredibly improved ED experience.

Wouldn't do it any other way.

It also solved the problem of not needing to use the TARGET software with TM HOTAS - the only loss is not being able to use custom throttle/joystick response curves.
Importing EDDI.vap into HCS or any other voicepack isn't actually necessary... you can import EDDI.vap as its own profile then configure whatever other profile you'd like to include commands from EDDI.vap. The benefit of this approach is that it's very easy to update either profile without needing to re-import the other... it's very modular.

From VoiceAttack's help documentation:
'Include commands from other profiles' will allow you to reference, or, ‘include’ the commands from any or all of your other profiles. This way, you can create common profiles filled with commands that can be shared among several other profiles. The profiles that you include can be arranged in priority, from highest to lowest. When duplicate-named commands are encountered, the command in the profile with the higher priority will be retained. For instance, let’s say you have two profiles that you want to include: Profile A and Profile B. Profile A has been given a higher priority than Profile B (it’s higher up on the list). Both profiles have a command called, ‘Fire Weapons’. When you issue the command, ‘Fire Weapons’, the command from Profile A will be used, since Profile A has a higher priority.

Note: The included profiles in this set are higher priority than the Global Profiles selected from the Options screen (See, ‘Global Profiles’ on the Options screen). Also, the current, active profile always has the highest priority.

To edit the list of included profiles, click on the, ‘...’ button to the right. This will bring up the, ‘Include Profile Commands’ screen. Use the controls on the right side of the screen to add, arrange and delete included profiles. Click, ‘OK’ when you are finished.

A very good thread with long shelf life but for me if I said it once I will say it again. If there was an option,..oh lets say in outfitting to clean or customize the interior of the boats I would be all in. I understand that the bumps and scrapes make for a used interior feel but in combination with a new paint scheme and engineering it really would be nice to have that virtual bottle of armor all or clean up so the interior of your pride and joy is as nice on the inside as the exterior. Just saying that you spend a lot of time in there. Should be a pleasure and not give you the feel that you need a virtual tetanus shot getting in and out of the pilots position.

Importing EDDI.vap into HCS or any other voicepack isn't actually necessary... you can import EDDI.vap as its own profile then configure whatever other profile you'd like to include commands from EDDI.vap. The benefit of this approach is that it's very easy to update either profile without needing to re-import the other... it's very modular.

Yes - Thank you for clarifying that. It is what I do, but worded it poorly in my post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom