Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

I'm pleased to announce that EDDI 3.4.1 is now available via the update channel and on GitHub.

Full release notes are here.

Highlights:

• Crime Monitor
    • New monitor tracks all bond & bounty awards and fines & bounties incurred.
    • Monitor attempts to determine the minor faction's 'home system' via its name, but defaults to system presence with highest influence.
    • Minor faction's 'home system' may be manually entered and is archived for future use.
    • 'Add Record' button allows manual addition of claims, fines & bounties.
    • 'Find Legal Facilities' button allows standalone users to locate the nearest 'Legal Facilities' contact.
    • New FactionRecord and FactionReport properties, available via Cottle scripting. See the Variables window for details.
    • Tracks all ships you have targeted within the current system. Data available in shiptargets as a list of Target properties.
  • Material Monitor
    • Added 'Find' buttons for the nearest encoded, manufactured & raw Materials Traders and guardian & human Technology Brokers.
  • Mission Monitor
    • Added 'Find Route', 'Next Route', 'Update Route', and 'Clear Route' buttons to give standalone users access to missions routing functionality.

Last edited:
And we have Github of course. Issues or (if you're interested in getting more involved) Pull Requests are both welcome.

How long has it been since you checked? Please re-check with EDDI's latest version.
EDIT: ninja'd.

The last time I played (several months ago), the "Docked" event went off every time you, well...docked. :p

I just saw that someone posted that the event fired off when logging on ("...not wanting to hear the 'Docked' notification each time they logged off and back on. ")?? That, I agree would be annoying. However, that was not the case the last time I played several months ago. It did not go off when logging on, only when actually docking.

I just hopped on last Thursday when I noticed the new behavior.

Today I was prompted to update to 3.4.1 which I did, but i did not actually test.

Thanks for the heads up and all the hard work!

So, I'm running missions locally and I keep getting told by EDDI that I'm wanted by one faction in this system. Yet, when visiting any of the security offices, or checking the left panel for any open transactions, I have nothing listed. It's only a 1000cr fine that is announced by EDDI but if the game doesn't think I have a fine, what is hanging on to this.
Full disclosure, I took a smallish break from ED and have not incurred a fine since being back (<2 weeks) so IF this is valid, its from long ago and I'm not sure what needs to be reset.

Thoughts or ideas?

I've also been meaning to ask, is there a cmd line switch to launch minimized? I'm opening 4 things in a ps1 and would like to tell EDDI to be minimized on open.

I've also been meaning to ask, is there a cmd line switch to launch minimized? I'm opening 4 things in a ps1 and would like to tell EDDI to be minimized on open.

EDDI remembers its entire window state upon exit. So if you mininize it and then close it from the taskbar, it will open minimized next launch.

We did consider minimizing to the SysTray, but nowadays MS are are directing devs to limit that to faceless notification servers, so we decided against it.

So, I'm running missions locally and I keep getting told by EDDI that I'm wanted by one faction in this system. Yet, when visiting any of the security offices, or checking the left panel for any open transactions, I have nothing listed. It's only a 1000cr fine that is announced by EDDI but if the game doesn't think I have a fine, what is hanging on to this.
Full disclosure, I took a smallish break from ED and have not incurred a fine since being back (<2 weeks) so IF this is valid, its from long ago and I'm not sure what needs to be reset.

Thoughts or ideas?

A bit late to the party here... My guess is that the first time you ran EDDI with Crime Monitor, the 'log load' picked up an old fine/bounty incurred. For future reference, you don't need to delete the crimemonitor.json file to recover from borked data. You can go to the Crime Monitor tab and 'Remove' or edit the offending entry.

Can you inform us how EDDI detects the recommended bodies for mapping ? So far my assumption is that almost all water worlds , earth worlds and Terra-form able planets are the ones but after lots of travelling and scaning i realized that almost every planet that its temperature is around 220-250k is interesting for mapping.Is that the case because a few times i found land-able planets that were not in the above categories except for temperature which was around the 220-250k range.Today i found a gas giant with around 226K.Is this the way that was meant to be working ?

Can you inform us how EDDI detects the recommended bodies for mapping ?

All the logic for this lives in the "Bodies to map" script in the Speech Responder so that it is customisable. By default is it all terraformables, plus all ammonia worlds, earth-like worlds, water worlds and anything with an esitmated value over 80,000Cr.

All the logic for this lives in the "Bodies to map" script in the Speech Responder so that it is customisable. By default is it all terraformables, plus all ammonia worlds, earth-like worlds, water worlds and anything with an esitmated value over 80,000Cr.
Thanks for clarifying it

We're pleased to announce that EDDI version 3.4.2-b1 is now available. Full release notes are here. Highlights:
* EDDI's startup no longer waits for network operations to respond before displaying the UI.
* Increased EDDI's maximum volume level. Users who prefer prior volume levels should set volume to approximately 80% of their former setting.
* Revised the System state report script to describe all factions in the system rather than just the controlling faction and to describe any conflicts between system factions.
* Updated the Galnet news published script to add an option (enabled by default) to read article titles rather than full article text.

It's been awhile since I've been messing about with EDDI but I'm noticed something thats been happening of late.

Sometimes it seems that the VA part of EDDI isn't getting triggered and when i open EDDI's config window I see EDDI Status: Safe mode - upgrade required I'm already on 3.4.1 (now 3.4.2-b1)

I've never seen the EDDI Status: Safe mode before, what causes it just so know know for future reference

oh one other thing i was trying to script is when I enter a system and scanned everything it gives me a list of bodies it recommends to map. I got it to say what bodies to map already but I'd love it if I asked or it straight up said "nothing worth mapping" At the moment it doesn't say anything at all when there is nothing to scan

It's been awhile since I've been messing about with EDDI but I'm noticed something thats been happening of late.

Sometimes it seems that the VA part of EDDI isn't getting triggered and when i open EDDI's config window I see EDDI Status: Safe mode - upgrade required I'm already on 3.4.1 (now 3.4.2-b1)

I've never seen the EDDI Status: Safe mode before, what causes it just so know know for future reference
Usually, you should only see Safe mode when you are running a version that is older than the minimum version. If you're seeing it when you've already on the latest version, something is probably off. Please open a ticket on Github with a copy of a log file from a session where this occurred (log files are located at %appdata%/EDDI).

oh one other thing i was trying to script is when I enter a system and scanned everything it gives me a list of bodies it recommends to map. I got it to say what bodies to map already but I'd love it if I asked or it straight up said "nothing worth mapping" At the moment it doesn't say anything at all when there is nothing to scan
Hi BumbleB, I'm currently working on adapting the new version of the default EDDI personality to my liking, and what you ask is one of the first things I put in. This is still a work in progress, but useable...
Code:
{_ Preferences: _}
{F("Body mapping preferences")}
{_ Fetch from Context _}
{set reportSystem to SystemDetails(state.eddi_context_system_name)}
{if !reportSystem:
    {set reportSystem to SystemDetails(state.eddi_context_body_system)}
}
{_ Identify bodies worth mapping _}
{set totalBodies to state.eddi_context_total_bodies}
{if totalBodies = 0: {set totalBodies to len(reportSystem.bodies)}}
{set toMapList to []}
{set mappedBodies to 0}
{set scannedBodies to 0}
{set scannedStars to 0}
{for body in reportSystem.bodies:
    {_ set totalBodies to totalBodies + 1}
    {if body.mapped:
        {set mappedBodies to mappedBodies + 1}
    |else:
        {if body.bodyType.invariantName != "Star":
            {if body.terraformState.invariantName != "Not terraformable":
                {if reportTerraformables:
                    {if !toMapList[body.shortname]:
                        {set toMapList to cat(toMapList, [body.shortname])}
                    }
                }
            |elif reportPlanetTypes[body.planetClass.invariantName]
             || body.estimatedvalue > highValueThreshold:
                {if !toMapList[body.shortname]:
                    {set toMapList to cat(toMapList, [body.shortname])}
                }
            }
        |else:
            {set scannedStars to scannedStars + 1}
        }
    }
    {if body.scanned:
        {set scannedBodies to scannedBodies + 1}
    }
}
{_ Begin speaking _}
{set worthy to OneOf("worthwhile", "interesting", "notable", "noteworthy")}
{if len(toMapList) > 0:
    {if len(toMapList) = 1: Body |else: Bodies}
    {set cur to 0}
    {while cur < len(toMapList):
        {P(toMapList[cur])}
        {set cur to cur + 1}
        {if cur = len(toMapList) - 1: and
        |elif cur < len(toMapList) - 1:,
        }
    }
    {if len(toMapList) = 1: is |else: are }
    {if event.type = "Body mapped": {OneOf("also")} }
    {if len(toMapList) = 1: a }
    {OneOf("recommended", "good")}
    {set candidates to:
        {if len(toMapList) > 1: candidates |else: candidate}
    }
    {OneOf('{candidates} for mapping', '{candidates} to map', 'mapping {candidates}')}.
|elif mappedBodies > 0:
    {OneOf("You have mapped all {if mappedBodies < (totalBodies - scannedStars): {worthy}}
            bodies scanned {if scannedBodies < totalBodies: so far |else: in this system}.",
           "All {OneOf('{if mappedBodies < (totalBodies - scannedStars): {worthy}} bodies',
                       'bodies {if mappedBodies < (totalBodies - scannedStars): of interest}')}
            {if scannedBodies < totalBodies: scanned so far} {OneOf('have been mapped', 'are now mapped')}."
    )}
|elif reportNoBodiesToMap = true:
    {if scannedBodies < totalBodies:
        You have {OneOf("not yet scanned", "yet to scan")}
        any {worthy} bodies in this system
    |else:
        {OneOf("There are no", "You have not found any")}
        {Occasionally(2, "{worthy}")}
        bodies {OneOf("to map", "worth mapping")} in this system
    }.
}

Note at the top, I've moved the preferences into a separate script to centralise all options for this and a couple of other scripts I'm working on. Here's the preferences script, but you can just copy these back into the top of the Bodies to map script above if you like....
Code:
{_ Body Mapping Preference Script _}
{_ Used to centralise reporting preferences that are used in Commander Continued and Bodies to map scripts_}
{set reportTerraformables to true}   {_ Reports all terraformable and terraformed bodies _}
{set highValueThreshold to 80000}   {_ The minimum threshold for estimated exploration value worth mapping _}
{set reportPlanetTypes to [
    "Ammonia world": true,
    "Earth-like world": true,
    "Gas giant with ammonia based life": false,
    "Gas giant with water based life": false,
    "Helium gas giant": false,
    "Helium-rich gas giant": false,
    "High metal content world": false,
    "Icy body": false,
    "Metal-rich body": false,
    "Rocky body": false,
    "Rocky ice world": false,
    "Class I gas giant": false,
    "Class II gas giant": false,
    "Class III gas giant": false,
    "Class IV gas giant": false,
    "Class V gas giant": false,
    "Water giant": false,
    "Water giant with life": false,
    "Water world": true,
]}
{set reportNoBodiesToMap to true}    {_ Report when no mappable bodies found in a system _}

Hopefully this should work OK for you. If not, then let me know, and I'll see what I can do to fix it up. :)

DC

With the latest version 3.42 beta 1 i have the following problem : after exiting hyper-space i always hear the word information.In the previous version i only heard the word information if a star was not scoop-able.Now what is the meaning of a plain word information?

With the latest version 3.42 beta 1 i have the following problem : after exiting hyper-space i always hear the word information.In the previous version i only heard the word information if a star was not scoop-able.Now what is the meaning of a plain word information?
Please clarify - you hear just the word "information" with no following details? "Information" should always be followed by some actual details about the system you are visiting.
Does it only do this in certain kinds of star systems (for example, only in unpopulated systems)?

Top Bottom