Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

For those that had tried and liked the unlocked Eva Mobile voice except for the distortion problem on certain lines, I've just been messing with it and discovered the cause. It's the Pause value before a sentence. The longer the Pause value, the worse the distortion. Simply adding a period/full-stop after the Pause command causes a reset and the ensuing sentence comes out clear (with a slightly longer pause probably, as the period/full-stop is basically creating an end-of-sentence pause and reset).

Of course, this means that in order to use the voice you'd have to edit every script in EDDI to amend every Pause function... and I don't know if any other issues would crop up with that voice as I haven't done that myself, but there is something to try if you're so inclined.

I've just setup EDDI but I noticed straight away that EDDI is talking over my voice attack assistant. Is there any way to stop this from happening?

I'm running EDDI as a plugin to VA.

I've just setup EDDI but I noticed straight away that EDDI is talking over my voice attack assistant. Is there any way to stop this from happening?

I'm running EDDI as a plugin to VA.
You can either disable any speech triggered by an event from the Speech Responder tab in the UI or customize it to complement your current VoiceAttack assistant.

Note: To open EDDI's UI from VoiceAttack, import and load the EDDI.vap profile from the install folder then say configure EDDI or Open EDDI.

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch. I've disabled speech responder for now, once I'm more familiar with events, I might go about customising it instead.

I really like it so far.

We're pleased to announce that EDDI 3.4.2 final is available via GitHub and the update channel.
The full change log is here.

Highlights:
* EDDI's startup no longer waits for network operations to respond before displaying the UI.
* Increased EDDI's maximum volume level. Users who prefer prior volume levels should set volume to approximately 80% of their former setting.
* Revised the System state report script to describe all factions in the system rather than just the controlling faction and to describe any conflicts between system factions.
* Updated the Galnet news published script to add an option (enabled by default) to read article titles rather than full article text.

I've been running into an issue lately and I suspect I know the reason. I run EDDI/VA/ED on multiple machines but my main system is the one having the trouble. It gets the most usage by far, so I suspect the problem is being caused by a memory issue. Let me explain.

The issue is my keyboard hotkeys in my custom .VAP profile stopped working when I have EDDI loaded. This was happening with the previous version and is now happening with the latest version of EDDI. Once upon a time I conversed with an EDDI developer about another EDDI related issue and he had me delete a file which had grown to enormous size (> 1gb). I remember the developer saying he was surprised it was so large. This was probably about 2 years ago so I suspect that may be the issue once again.

Just to confirm, when I load my VA profile without EDDI the hotkeys work fine. Can anyone recommend a fix or the collections file that should be cleared?

I've been running into an issue lately and I suspect I know the reason. I run EDDI/VA/ED on multiple machines but my main system is the one having the trouble. It gets the most usage by far, so I suspect the problem is being caused by a memory issue. Let me explain.

The issue is my keyboard hotkeys in my custom .VAP profile stopped working when I have EDDI loaded. This was happening with the previous version and is now happening with the latest version of EDDI. Once upon a time I conversed with an EDDI developer about another EDDI related issue and he had me delete a file which had grown to enormous size (> 1gb). I remember the developer saying he was surprised it was so large. This was probably about 2 years ago so I suspect that may be the issue once again.

Just to confirm, when I load my VA profile without EDDI the hotkeys work fine. Can anyone recommend a fix or the collections file that should be cleared?
If you're running an up to date version of EDDI, you should find that EDDI no longer keeps appending data to a mega-log file. Rather, it keeps 10 log files where each log file represents a single session. Anything older is automatically deleted. You can review your log files at %appdata%/EDDI.

To be clear, you are saying that as soon as you disable the EDDI plugin your hotkeys begin to work again? If so, that is odd. Off the top of my head, I don't know how EDDI could prevent hotkeys from working.

If you're running an up to date version of EDDI, you should find that EDDI no longer keeps appending data to a mega-log file. Rather, it keeps 10 log files where each log file represents a single session. Anything older is automatically deleted. You can review your log files at %appdata%/EDDI.

To be clear, you are saying that as soon as you disable the EDDI plugin your hotkeys begin to work again? If so, that is odd. Off the top of my head, I don't know how EDDI could prevent hotkeys from working.
Yes, that is exactly correct. It is very weird and started happening about a 6 weeks ago. Up until yesterday, restarting VA seemed to help but now they just don't work at all.

I had taken a look at AppData/Roaming/EDDI but the only sizable file I saw was EDDI.sqlite and it's only 212,380 KB. To be clear, my voice commands still work, its only the hotkeys that do not. (The hotkeys are in the profile, not EDDI.)

In the VoiceAttack UI, what is the status of the Keyboard Shortcuts toggle button when hotkeys are working and when they are not? Does changing it cause hotkeys to begin working again?

Most likely explanation is that the keyboard recognition is disabled in VA. When you open VA, make sure the keyboard symbol does NOT have the red circle over it. If so, just give ot a mouse click to activate kybd input.

I ran into the same thing after the recent HCS auto-update.

All good thoughts, but the keyboard shortcuts are on. :\

Edit: I will mess with it a little more, see if I can discover the cause. If you think of anything else to check, please let me know and thanks for all the help for me and everyone else with EDDI!

I think that I may have encountered this a few times, but I never suspected EDDI. In fact, I thought it was ED's UI itself. Why? I quickly noticed that it wasn't just EDDI but also my HOTAS where I had set a key to a keyboard key/sequence. To me, not confirmed, it seems something to do with having a sub-page open in a UI panel and then switching away from that panel without closing it properly. Re-opening that panel & closing it properly or switching pages within the panel seem to resolve it.

I know i said this afew times in the past but you guys working on EDDI's development keep me playing ED more than anything else. Tinkering with my VA/EDDI scripting is probably the only reason why i still have ED installed. and now I have a new world opening up now that I got VR. The whole reason why i got into this scripting stuff was for me to get things working with voice so I'd hardly ever take the headset off and after all these yrs of waiting, building a new i9 rig & waiting for Rift S I'm finally there.

But the journey has only just begun.....

ö7

We're pleased to announce that EDDI version 3.4.3-b2 is now available from https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/releases/download/Release/3.4.3-b2/EDDI-3.4.3-b2.exe. This is a beta release.

This corrects a configuration error with 3.4.3-b1 and removes an in-process .dll accidentally included with release 3.4.3-b1.

Highlights
* Reinstated the Glide event.
* Fixed a bug preventing the Material use report script from executing correctly.
* Fixed display artefacts on the priority column when scrolling in the user interface.

Full release notes are available at https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/blob/Release/3.4.3-b1/EDDI/ChangeLog.md.

ok I'm still out exploring on DW2 yeah I only just got to Beagle Point a couple of days ago. I was trying to see if when ((EDDI Body Mapped)) is triggered to get it to just say "Earth like mapped" or "High metal Content mapped" I thought I could have just added the bodytype variable into the script but i doesn't say what the body type is.

Ta ö7

Top Bottom