Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

I'd definitely second the idea of using a headset and mic to isolate your voice from the background sounds output from the game.

VoiceAttack isn't for everyone. It's great for power users but takes some work to get accustomed to it and to get it set up. You'll have to judge whether you fall into that camp.

^^ 100% correct

I've been using VA/HCS/EDDI together now for about 3 years. Once properly set up, fully customized, and integrated it's a powerful and rewarding experience in ED that truly adds so much to the way you play that it really makes ED enjoyable and worth playing for years.

Problem is - setting up everything individually and then getting each component properly integrated is no easy task. Then you have to cope with keeping things up to date, which can be confusing.

I use desktop speakers, but I also have a professional grade microphone designed for podcasting. Obviously, not practical for everyone.

If you install and integrate all the components you are going to use - it is still imperative that you have the Text-to-Speech PROPERLY trained. I think I ran through the script 3 or 4 times before I felt it was ready. Once that's all in good shape, you need to go under the hood of VA and fine tune the Recognition settings so that the background sounds don't reach levels to be misinterpreted as command in VA.

This is just a brief outline of the level of attention needed to make everything work properly, not by any means an exhaustive troubleshooting guide. I have the time to invest and enjoy solving this kind of puzzle. It should go quite a bit easier with a good gaming headset with integrated mike, but if you use VA/HCS + EDDI you still have to do the installation and setup properly. And then there's the whole keyboard/joystick tracking in the HCS pack that's a separate setup that's really a necessity if you don't want things getting out of sync when you use a key press or button push instead of a voice command...

Once done - it's fantastic and you just fly without thinking - you just speak commands or use HOTAS as needed using the most convenient option available as you go about the business of ED game-play.

But it definitely isn't as easy as it sounds - even given the brief outline of things your likely to encounter in the process.

FYI, it sounds like EDDB's EDDN listener stopped unexpectedly. The dev has given his server a reboot and it should be listening to EDDN again.
I'm not sure how Inara sources their data but if they use EDDB them that might also explain the Inara portion.
From what I have read it appears that Inara does use EDDN as well. Neither EDDI or EDMC are working for me still though. Any ideas/suggestions?

Is anyone else able to get systems/stations/factions to update on Inara/EDDB using EDDI or EDMC right now? My CMDR details are updating but nothing else.

This log on Inara would suggest that the connection is working, but the systems/stations/factions are not getting updated.
Image1.jpg

Last edited:
Did you see the message at INARA after logging in ? I had to authenticate INARA to Frontier again.
Only then were the last data automatically transferred. I test this again with EDMC. ...

Attachments

• 1572372450316.png
    1572372450316.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 208
Did you see the message at INARA after logging in ? I had to authenticate INARA to Frontier again.
Only then were the last data automatically transferred. I test this again with EDMC. ...
I didn't see any message but I have just manually connected and it now says "Auto update enabled". It said it had imported all my data but still none of the systems/stations/factions have updated.

I just jumped again and docked in one of the systems and it hasn't updated. The Inara API log showed the updates from both EDDI and EDMC but the systems didn't update.

Last edited:

With me also no update of the data ! There seems to be a problem with the API of Frontier.
(will also be pointed out, see screenshot previous message)

After about 15 minutes the freight was there !

Okay, I didn't check the system, the station, the faction, just the cargo. ...

Okay, my flight-log is okay, right station.

Last edited:
Okay, I didn't check the system, the station, the faction, just the cargo. ...

Okay, my flight-log okay, right station.
My flight log is updating correctly. It shows that I have gone to the system and landed at the station, what I am saying is in the system information it doesn't update that information, like the controlling faction, the various factions influence or who owns the stations.

My flight log is updating correctly. It shows that I have gone to the system and landed at the station, what I am saying is in the system information it doesn't update that information, like the controlling faction, the various factions influence or who owns the stations.

I understand you, but I can't help you with that, sorry.

Okay, I got a friend to run EDMC and jump into one of the systems and it updated for him, so it looks like this is an issue with me. :(

No idea what or why though.

I have managed to get EDMC working now. I had forgotten that I turned off the EDDN updating in EDMC when I used to run both EDDI and EDMC (because EDDI didn't update Inara and EDMC did). Anyway, once I turned on the EDDN updates in EDMC again it has started updating the systems/stations/factions in Inara. This solves my problem of not being able to update them but it shows that the EDDN Responder in EDDI is not sending the system/station/faction updates as the EDDN Responder has been turned on the whole time and hasn't been updating them.

I have managed to get EDMC working now. I had forgotten that I turned off the EDDN updating in EDMC when I used to run both EDDI and EDMC (because EDDI didn't update Inara and EDMC did). Anyway, once I turned on the EDDN updates in EDMC again it has started updating the systems/stations/factions in Inara. This solves my problem of not being able to update them but it shows that the EDDN Responder in EDDI is not sending the system/station/faction updates as the EDDN Responder has been turned on the whole time and hasn't been updating them.
The Inara API is used to sync details of your specific commander but general system / station / faction data is not included in the information we can send through the API and is coming from other sources (listening to data broadcast over EDDN primarily but possibly also syncing data from EDDB or EDSM databases).

... it shows that the EDDN Responder in EDDI is not sending the system/station/faction updates as the EDDN Responder has been turned on the whole time and hasn't been updating them.
According to your log screenshot from Inara you're using EDDI 3.5.0-b2 which means beta which means only sending to the EDDN test endpoint and not the live one which means no update at EDDB.

What @gazelle said. Why "what version are you running?" is not the first question asked, is beyond me.

We have posted on numerous occasions, when running an EDDI beta, that you should run (or enable reporting in) another non-beta 3rd party app to keep updates flowing, but it quickly gets buried.

It's the necessary price of getting to play with the 'bleeding edge'.

Last edited:
oh I wanted to ask has there been an update to the example VA profile so I can use VA to ask where the nearest (Legal Facities/ Material TRader /Brokers/etc ) yet? or know how i can ask EDDI with VA where certain things are?

Since this last update, everytime I enter ED, EDDI tells me "has granted you level blueprints" and yes ... she leaves out the who and the level. Assuming that something has to be reset.
Any ideas?

Since this last update, everytime I enter ED, EDDI tells me "has granted you level blueprints" and yes ... she leaves out the who and the level. Assuming that something has to be reset.
Any ideas?
Make sure that you've updated your Engineer Progressed script to match the default.

Top Bottom