Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

I think there is only the event shieldstatus/shieldsup (-down) during the fight.
During the "silent" flight the shield is rated with "Status.json" .

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

In my last fight, an NPC killed me (yes, I'm a fight-noob), I found no shieldsdown-events in the Journal.log.

{ "timestamp":"2019-11-18T22:55:25Z", "event":"Music", "MusicTrack":"Interdiction" }
{ "timestamp":"2019-11-18T22:55:27Z", "event":"ReceiveText", "From":"$npc_name_decorate:#name=Nashbeard;", "From_Localised":"Nashbeard", "Message":"$Pirate_Arrival10;", "Message_Localised":"Was haben wir denn da?", "Channel":"npc" }
{ "timestamp":"2019-11-18T22:55:28Z", "event":"Music", "MusicTrack":"Combat_Dogfight" }
{ "timestamp":"2019-11-18T22:55:39Z", "event":"ReceiveText", "From":"$npc_name_decorate:#name=Nashbeard;", "From_Localised":"Nashbeard", "Message":"$Pirate_OnDeclarePiracyAttack10;", "Message_Localised":"Stirb schon, Mistkerl!", "Channel":"npc" }
{ "timestamp":"2019-11-18T22:55:58Z", "event":"UnderAttack", "Target":"You" }
{ "timestamp":"2019-11-18T22:55:59Z", "event":"UnderAttack", "Target":"You" }
{ "timestamp":"2019-11-18T22:56:08Z", "event":"ReceiveText", "From":"$ShipName_Police_Federation;", "From_Localised":"Föderaler Sicherheitsdienst", "Message":"$Police_ArrivedAtInvestigationLocation04;", "Message_Localised":"Schnelleingreiftruppe abgesetzt. Initiiere Scans aller Schiffe im Bereich.", "Channel":"npc" }
{ "timestamp":"2019-11-18T22:56:08Z", "event":"ReceiveText", "From":"$ShipName_Police_Federation;", "From_Localised":"Föderaler Sicherheitsdienst", "Message":"$Police_ArriveInvestigate03;", "Message_Localised":"Anti-Verbrechen-Einheiten abgesetzt.", "Channel":"npc" }
{ "timestamp":"2019-11-18T22:56:09Z", "event":"ShipTargeted", "TargetLocked":true, "Ship":"ferdelance", "Ship_Localised":"Fer-de-Lance", "ScanStage":3, "PilotName":"$npc_name_decorate:#name=Nashbeard;", "PilotName_Localised":"Nashbeard", "PilotRank":"Master", "ShieldHealth":100.000000, "HullHealth":100.000000, "Faction":"Mob of RR Caeli", "LegalStatus":"Wanted", "Bounty":156377 }
{ "timestamp":"2019-11-18T22:56:17Z", "event":"HullDamage", "Health":0.793116, "PlayerPilot":true, "Fighter":false }
{ "timestamp":"2019-11-18T22:56:19Z", "event":"HullDamage", "Health":0.598927, "PlayerPilot":true, "Fighter":false }
{ "timestamp":"2019-11-18T22:56:21Z", "event":"HullDamage", "Health":0.397119, "PlayerPilot":true, "Fighter":false }
{ "timestamp":"2019-11-18T22:56:22Z", "event":"HullDamage", "Health":0.199420, "PlayerPilot":true, "Fighter":false }
{ "timestamp":"2019-11-18T22:56:24Z", "event":"Died", "KillerName":"Nashbeard", "KillerShip":"ferdelance", "KillerRank":"Master" }
{ "timestamp":"2019-11-18T22:56:25Z", "event":"Music", "MusicTrack":"MainMenu" }

Last edited:
I have 2 small requests for eddi development team (perhaps i am wrong and it is g19s applet matter)
a)When we have passengers on board they make requests of entering a combat zone, asking for some specific item , or informing us of going to the next waypoints , changing destination etc..
is there a way of hearing their requests through a script instead of seeing a message?
b)When cargo hauling we receive messages such as incoming enemy or change of destination etc ..
Also is there a way to hear them instead of message ?
I think it's probably trick but one can hope ......

I have 2 small requests for eddi development team (perhaps i am wrong and it is g19s applet matter)
a)When we have passengers on board they make requests of entering a combat zone, asking for some specific item , or informing us of going to the next waypoints , changing destination etc..
is there a way of hearing their requests through a script instead of seeing a message?
b)When cargo hauling we receive messages such as incoming enemy or change of destination etc ..
Also is there a way to hear them instead of message ?
I think it's probably trick but one can hope ......
Yes, EDDI already does this. It's the 'Mission redirected' script, part of the default EDDI personality. It tells you when destinations are changed during a mission. :)

I'm not so sure about the 'asking for an item' or 'incoming enemy' parts though. It's been a while since I did those types of missions.

Last edited:
Yes, we're prepping something more interesting.

unknown.png

Hi !
Sorry for stoopid question but :
When I collect mats in SRV, isn' EDDI (out of the box profile) supposed to tell me infos about it ? (material gathered, wich type, how much I have? ...)

Hi !
When I collect mats in SRV, isn' EDDI (out of the box profile) supposed to tell me infos about it ? (material gathered, wich type, how much I have? ...)
The default Material collected script does not currently do so but you can edit the script to do just that.

Hi !
I have mine do something similar to what you are asking. Try it if you like... :)
Code:
{_ Context _}
{SetState('eddi_context_last_subject', 'material')}
{SetState('eddi_context_last_action', 'collect')}
{SetState('eddi_context_material_name', event.name)}

{_ Function to obtain a material from inventory _}
{set _inventory(required) to:
    {for material in materials:
        {if material.material = required:
            {return material}
        }
    }
}

{set matis to MaterialDetails(event.name)}

{OneOf("{matis.name} {OneOf('Received','Collected','Ob-tained')}",
       "{OneOf('Received','Collected','Ob-tained')} {matis.name}")}.

{if matis.category = "Data":
    {if matis.rarity.level > 3:
        {Occasionally(2,"This is")} a {matis.rarity.name} {OneOf("data set","set of data","data scan")}.
    }
|elif matis.category = "Element":
|elif matis.category = "Manufactured":
|elif matis.category = "Unknown":
}

{Occasionally(2, "{set inventory to _inventory(event.name)}
                   {if inventory && inventory.amount > 0:
                       You have {inventory.amount} unit{if inventory.amount != 1:s}
                       {OneOf('on board', 'in your inventory', 'in your storage')}.
                   }")}
It only tells me about the rarity of data scans, but you can easily update it to do anything you pick up. :)

Yes, if you open EDDI and select the EDDI tab then you'll be able to choose any of the languages we currently support.

ok, but when i try to choose italian, it doesn't work well. Eddi doesn't translate all parts
hi, i translated most of those parts in the last months but i never really used it 'cos i prefer the original language, although i think it should be completely translated by now. are you using the latest release? it's been completed some weeks ago if i'm not wrong...

Single 55" curved 4k Samsung .. not braggin or anything .. okay .. maybe a little.

a file called EDDI.exe.config in the install directory? I do and I manually edited the Minimized parameter to True (maximized was at false, left it) and still opens to windowed mode in LL quadrant.

Also the Windows location cords there are 40,40,800,600 - no wheres near anywhere I've placed it.

@T'kael

I've done a complete uninstall, and re-install and still EDDI is not obeying the user.config specifications.
I'm am not doubting that this is NOT an issue with EDDI but something with my configuration. I've done what I could think of .. what else could/would cause EDDI to ignore user.config file?

Top Bottom