Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Me too, but I can see how the EDDI functions can be useful with VoiceAttack in VR, as they put the found system name on the clipboard ready for pasting into the Galaxy Map.
This ^^^ is why i like making EDDI and VA be buddies and work together, the less I have to jump out of The game the better. I do like Inara for wider searches though.
Vale Cmdr Hoodathunk, nice work brother...

Thanks as always for the swift response.

A quick question that perhaps someone will be able to help me with.

I just built a new ship having not played much for a while. When I am fuel scooping, EDDI reports the progress by spelling out the ships name, at all other times, including I think when it reports the fuel level at a station, it speaks the name. So I think it's in the Jumped script where something is going funny. It doesn't happen with any other ship, and I presume all the ships use the same script(s) as I only use one personality.

Using v 3.7.1, and while I also use VA, I don't combine the two. Not a big deal, just a bit weird. :)

A quick question that perhaps someone will be able to help me with.

I just built a new ship having not played much for a while. When I am fuel scooping, EDDI reports the progress by spelling out the ships name, at all other times, including I think when it reports the fuel level at a station, it speaks the name. So I think it's in the Jumped script where something is going funny. It doesn't happen with any other ship, and I presume all the ships use the same script(s) as I only use one personality.

Using v 3.7.1, and while I also use VA, I don't combine the two. Not a big deal, just a bit weird. :)
Welcome back to the game. :)

First things first, if you are not using the default personality then please temporarily swap to the default personality and see if the default scripts behave the same as your normal personality? The script that triggers when you're scooping is called Ship refueled. If the default personality doesn't have the same issue as the personality which you are using then you might consider editing or resetting that script.

Another possibility is that your shipmonitor.json config file may have been corrupted (we've seen this happen for example if a commander with multiple accounts logs into the wrong account via the Frontier API). With EDDI closed, you can navigate to %appdata%/EDDI/shipmonitor.json to inspect and perhaps remove that file (at least temporarily) to see if doing so resolves the issue.

Hello Commanders,
I have a question:
Is there a way to stop the EDDI pronunciation in the stand alone variant?
In case of an ED event the priorities can be used. But this possibility does not exist for scripts that are called from other scripts.
Example:
ED event: Body scanned
Script call: Body report
I want to interrupt the pronunciation at "Body report" :unsure:

greetings nepomuk

Hello Commanders,
I have a question:
Is there a way to stop the EDDI pronunciation in the stand alone variant?
In case of an ED event the priorities can be used. But this possibility does not exist for scripts that are called from other scripts.
Example:
ED event: Body scanned
Script call: Body report
I want to interrupt the pronunciation at "Body report" :unsure:

greetings nepomuk
For scripts that are called from other scripts, the priority of the parent script (in this case, Body scanned) would apply.

Is there any way to add more types of bodies to the true false list?
Like for example
Ringed gas giants
Ringed high metal content worlds/moons
Ringed rocky world/moons
My profile doesn't list these options

Is there any way to add more types of bodies to the true false list?
Like for example
Ringed gas giants
Ringed high metal content worlds/moons
Ringed rocky world/moons
My profile doesn't list these options
I assume that you're referencing the Body report summary script? Yes, it's possible to revise the script to comment upon finding ringed bodies of a specific type rather than all ringed bodies.

Ohhh how?
Do I simply add "ringed high metal content world" ? As an example?
Well, you could follow the same pattern as we see in the Message received script if you don't want the default behavior (which reports all ringed bodies).

You would add something like this to the filters at the top of the script:
Code:
{set reportRingedPlanetTypes to:
[
    "Ammonia world": false,
    "Earth-like world": false,
    "Gas giant with ammonia based life": true,
    "Gas giant with water based life": true,
    "Helium gas giant": true,
    "Helium-rich gas giant": true,
    "High metal content world": true,
    "Icy body": false,
    "Metal-rich body": false,
    "Rocky body": true,
    "Rocky ice world": false,
    "Class I gas giant": true,
    "Class II gas giant": true,
    "Class III gas giant": true,
    "Class IV gas giant": true,
    "Class V gas giant": true,
    "Water giant": true,
    "Water giant with life": true,
    "Water world": false
]}
Then you would adjust the lines
Code:
    {if reportRings:
        {if reportbody.rings:
to
Code:
    {if reportRings:
        {if reportbody.rings && reportRingedPlanetTypes[reportbody.planetClass.invariantName]:

Details on the scripting language are available here.

Hello again,
I recently stopped Exploration and did a stint carrying passengers to boost my Federation and Empire Standing. I noticed that when I removed the Detailed Surface Scanner, or at least, stopped scanning Systems, EDDI stopped giving me information on the best Planets to survey after a "Honk". I have now resumed Exploration, and am back in my Anaconda with a DSS. But, EDDI, while it tells me about the System I am in when I arrive, doesn't give me any info on Planets that are worthwhile surveying after a Dicovery "Honk", as it used to. It will tell me, after I do a DSS on a planet, any other worthwhile planets or whether I have surveyed everything. This means I have to locate a likely Planet and survey it before EDDI gives me any info. I haven't changed anything in EDDI that would account for the change in behaviour. Any ideas would be much appreciated, I would like EDDI to give me that information on EVERY system if that is possible, after I "Honk". I am running the Road to Riches to get a bit of capital and EDDI* is\was invaluable to that.

N.B. This is NOT a GRIZZLE. EDDI is still the BEST addon for ED, no exceptions,
With thanks
WOZZ

Last edited:
Hello again,
I recently stopped Exploration and did a stint carrying passengers to boost my Federation and Empire Standing. I noticed that when I removed the Detailed Surface Scanner, or at least, stopped scanning Systems, EDDI stopped giving me information on the best Planets to survey after a "Honk". I have now resumed Exploration, and am back in my Anaconda with a DSS. But, EDDI, while it tells me about the System I am in when I arrive, doesn't give me any info on Planets that are worthwhile surveying after a Dicovery "Honk", as it used to. It will tell me, after I do a DSS on a planet, any other worthwhile planets or whether I have surveyed everything. This means I have to locate a likely Planet and survey it before EDDI gives me any info. I haven't changed anything in EDDI that would account for the change in behaviour. Any ideas would be much appreciated, I would like EDDI to give me that information on EVERY system if that is possible, after I "Honk". I am running the Road to Riches to get a bit of capital and EDDI* is\was invaluable to that.

N.B. This is NOT a GRIZZLE. EDDI is still the BEST addon for ED, no exceptions,
With thanks
WOZZ
You might check the role that you've assigned for your Anaconda? By default, the discovery scan recommendation is given either when you're in a ship assigned to the Exploration role or when you're in an uninhabited area of space and in a Multipurpose role ship.
Code:
    {if ship.Role.edname = "Exploration" ||
        (ship.Role.edname = "Multipurpose" && len(reportSystem.factions) = 0):

Last edited:
You might check the role that you've assigned for your Anaconda? By default, the discovery scan recommendation is given either when you're in a ship assigned to the Exploration role or when you're in an uninhabited area of space and in a Multipurpose role ship.
Code:
    {if ship.Role.edname = "Exploration" ||
        (ship.Role.edname = "Multipurpose" && len(reportSystem.factions) = 0):
Wow. Thank you for the prompt reply. You were right, I changed ships and my Anaconda was listed as Multi-purpose Role, not Exploration. Changed it and it should be back to normal.
I much appreciate your quick response AND all the work you do so we can enjoy our game.

Regards
WOZZ

Oh! I'm loving the improvements EDDI allows me to add to VoiceAttack, so nice to have things done for you automatically when an event is triggered ;)

Attachments

• changing.jpg
    changing.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 143
Hello all.

I have searched for the answer but all the info I found is quite dated.
My question is does the EDDP Monitor operate properly (and I a little dim) or is it trying to get data from a non working server (which the old info seems to indicate)

Any advice on this would be cool
Thanks

Top Bottom