Release EDDI 3.3 - Bring your cockpit to life

Back to back Questions :)

what is the best way to share a script, or part there of?

For use by others or constructive criticism etc.

thanks

Hello all.

I have searched for the answer but all the info I found is quite dated.
My question is does the EDDP Monitor operate properly (and I a little dim) or is it trying to get data from a non working server (which the old info seems to indicate)

Any advice on this would be cool
Thanks
The EDDP monitor is unfortunately not currently functional.

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered but with 121 pages in this thread to wade through, well, not going to happen. Search isn't helping either.

I'm running EDDI 3.7.1 and VA 1.8.7 trying to respond to "EDDI carrier jumped" and "EDDI carrier cooldown" events in VA. Both of these are seem to work in EDDI but the corresponding events in VA don't happen. However, I did notice that as soon as the EDDI responded to the carrier jumped event, VA responded to the "EDDI docked" event.

Are the EDDI carrier events currently working with VA? If so, any ideas on why they are not getting through to VA whilst other event are?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Carrier events are no different from any other event, but we have had some occasional reports of VA events lagging / not firing immediately when they should. I'm not sure exactly what's going on there yet.

Carrier events are no different from any other event, but we have had some occasional reports of VA events lagging / not firing immediately when they should. I'm not sure exactly what's going on there yet.
Thanks for the update, I'll use a work around for now. Many thanks.

Further to this, I have done a little testing and noticed that immediately after a carrier jump, ED is a little "unstable". Many of my VA scripts don't work correctly (with or without admin permissions) due to excessively long response ED times or key presses just not being recognised and simple things in the EDDI/VA interface don't work. For example, "Status gui focus" returns "not set" even though it was working before the jump. However, after the cool down event, things seem to go back to normal.

If that's any help.

However, this could all be due to my setup and nothing to o with ED/EDDI/VA.

Hello from Italy (please pardon my poor english)
I'm a new E: D player and a new EDDI user.

I'm obviously slowly rewritting the scripts in italian (i use IVONA Carla voice).
As a programmer, i'm failry impressed by how good and usable is EDDI; many many compliments to the authors.

I'd alos like to pose some questions (sorry if they've been already asked: i find hard googling for "EDDI" as it seems a hard word for the search engine and i always get mised results).
1) Could it be possible to use an english voice for the things that are impossible to translate? like the NPC messages
1a) if yes, there's a way to "tag" a word (or a phrase) as english so it will be read by the english voice?
2) I see that there's parts (in-game words) that are "automagically" already translated in italian. Some of them (mostly, plurals) are bad, though. Where can i find these translations and make them better? Are they hardcoded or there's a file in the EDDI folder?
3) There's a complete list of events and "objects" properties and methods to look at?

Thanks again for this great software.

Hello Parduz, I am from Germany. I did not understand everything so quickly, but I have a few tips for you.

Translation of EDDI (texts of the interface, also of the scripts, but there only single words) see here:

All events of ED can be found here:

EDDI events, variables etc. can be found here:

Language (cottle) for the scripts:

Use of an English pronunciation. You need an english voice. Windows brings there e.g. "Zira" or "Dave",
or one buys a voice in addition, e.g. over Deskshare or HARPO.
And here the hint how to use the voices in EDDI.

Have fun, greetings from good old germany :)

Hey nepomuk,
thanks for the infos!

Use of an English pronunciation. You need an english voice. Windows brings there e.g. "Zira" or "Dave",
or one buys a voice in addition, e.g. over Deskshare or HARPO.

Have fun, greetings from good old germany :)
My english is self-taught (i'm old enough to have not english as a mandatory second language, at school) so i can read it, barely write, and listen to youtube videos about NASA, SpaceX and astronautics, grasping the general concepts.... but a robotic voice in the middle of a game to me is just added noise :)
That's why i find EDDI great, i can translate almost everyting. and mute what i can't or just sounds too bad.

My english is self-taught (i'm old enough to have not english as a mandatory second language, at school) so i can read it, barely write, and listen to youtube videos about NASA, SpaceX and astronautics, grasping the general concepts.... but a robotic voice in the middle of a game to me is just added noise :)
That's why i find EDDI great, i can translate almost everyting. and mute what i can't or just sounds too bad.
James Clark recently released an awesome plugin for VoiceAttack that can make use of Microsoft Cognitive Speech for some ridiculously realistic text-to-speech capabilities via use of the "Neural" voices available from MS:
https://github.com/jamescl604/MSCognitiveSpeechForVoiceAttack

Personally, I've been using an Ivona TTS for so long, it "is" the voice of my computer, and would have a hard time saying goodbye to "him" 🤪

James Clark recently released an awesome plugin for VoiceAttack that can make use of Microsoft Cognitive Speech for some ridiculously realistic text-to-speech capabilities via use of the "Neural" voices available from MS:
https://github.com/jamescl604/MSCognitiveSpeechForVoiceAttack

Personally, I've been using an Ivona TTS for so long, it "is" the voice of my computer, and would have a hard time saying goodbye to "him" 🤪
I've considered something similar for EDDI. That said, I am concerned about the monthly character limits. One of EDDI's strengths is its dynamic responses and highly dynamic responses make cached speech less useful.

Last edited:
I've considered something similar for EDDI. That said, I am concerned about the monthly character limits. One of EDDI's strengths is its dynamic responses and highly dynamic responses make cached speech less useful.
Same here - for EDDI responder stuff, if frequent and mostly dynamic (always different), it would make me assume a dedicated user could go beyond the million character limit provided for free. One cool feature of that plugin, though, is the speech is first saved as a .wav, and then played, where common phrases are saved and so not counting towards the character limit - with a user defined save period and quantity IIRC. Though this would not cover extremely dynamic data responses, if any phrase had been said before (even if rather specific) it would be played from file rather than queued for a new object that would count against character limits.

🎊 We're pleased to announce that EDDI 3.7.2-b1 is now available for all users from within the app and from https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/releases/download/Release/3.7.2-b1/EDDI-3.7.2-b1.exe. 🍸

This release fixes several bugs, changes the way that cargo value is calculated, updates all missions to use the claim status, adds an optional hint string 2nd parameter to the P() function, makes some revisions to the Humanise() function, and updates various scripts. Disabling phonetic speech no longer disables all SSML tags.

Full release notes are at https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/blob/Release/3.7.2-b1/EDDI/ChangeLog.md.

Hello T'kael,
I have a question about the EDDI.json file. The scripts in this original file are all in English. The translation of EDDI via crowdin works very well with the interface. For the pronunciation over the scripts the translation over crowdin is not sufficient. The differences in grammar are too big. But this is not bad. We have partially translated the scripts into German for us (German-speaking players). Now my question, is it possible via the EDDI project (github) to include a second EDDI.json file (in German) ? Or can (may) or should we start an extra project for the translation and maybe addition of the EDDI.json in German at github ? A CMDR from the German ED forum had this idea so that different people can work on the file. I must say, I know myself with github only very rudimentary.

Thanks already for info, nepomuk

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Hello T'kael,
I have a question about the EDDI.json file. The scripts in this original file are all in English. The translation of EDDI via crowdin works very well with the interface. For the pronunciation over the scripts the translation over crowdin is not sufficient. The differences in grammar are too big. But this is not bad. We have partially translated the scripts into German for us (German-speaking players). Now my question, is it possible via the EDDI project (github) to include a second EDDI.json file (in German) ? Or can (may) or should we start an extra project for the translation and maybe addition of the EDDI.json in German at github ? A CMDR from the German ED forum had this idea so that different people can work on the file. I must say, I know myself with github only very rudimentary.

Thanks already for info, nepomuk

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Yes, if you send us a German translation of eddi.json or submit a pull request to update https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/blob/develop/SpeechResponder/eddi.de.json then we can incorporate it.

🎊 We're pleased to announce that EDDI 3.7.2-b1 is now available for all users from within the app and from https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/releases/download/Release/3.7.2-b1/EDDI-3.7.2-b1.exe. 🍸

This release fixes several bugs, changes the way that cargo value is calculated, updates all missions to use the claim status, adds an optional hint string 2nd parameter to the P() function, makes some revisions to the Humanise() function, and updates various scripts. Disabling phonetic speech no longer disables all SSML tags.

Full release notes are at https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/blob/Release/3.7.2-b1/EDDI/ChangeLog.md.
Hi T'kael,

Thanks for the new update. I've just started to look through the changes to this new version and I have a quick question regarding the variable terminology. In the new 'Bodies mapped' script (as this is the first I've looked at so far), there is the following at the beginning: {set reportSystem to SystemDetails(system.systemname)} . I was wondering if system.systemname was correct/ok as the 'variable' section in the help says that it should be system.name, there is no system.systemname listed. There is for 'body' (body.systemname), just not for 'system' (system.systemname). If it is ok to use in this way, then should the 'variables' help section be updated to reflect this?

Anyway, good work on the new update with all the fixes, and I'll let you know if I find anything else I'm not sure of. :)

DC.

So, to get a grasp on how EDDI works, there's two sources of localization: one is crowdin, and one is the personality in use, am i right?
'cause i'm trying to get where the numbers are translated but i'm missing it...

my problem is that italian numbers have exceptions, so as example two-tousand is duemila, but one-thousand is mille and not unomila

Another question:
now that i've installed the update. is my italian EDDI "personality" missing something (new triggers, events, variables) being it copied from the older one?

Hi T'kael,

Thanks for the new update. I've just started to look through the changes to this new version and I have a quick question regarding the variable terminology. In the new 'Bodies mapped' script (as this is the first I've looked at so far), there is the following at the beginning: {set reportSystem to SystemDetails(system.systemname)} . I was wondering if system.systemname was correct/ok as the 'variable' section in the help says that it should be system.name, there is no system.systemname listed. There is for 'body' (body.systemname), just not for 'system' (system.systemname). If it is ok to use in this way, then should the 'variables' help section be updated to reflect this?

Anyway, good work on the new update with all the fixes, and I'll let you know if I find anything else I'm not sure of. :)

DC.
Both are valid but systemname is the preferred usage. I'll update the docs for next time. :)

Top Bottom